Outpouring of Love from Friends and Family - All Around the Country

I miss the Bills already and just feel so lucky to be a part of this fan-base, truly. I already miss the tailgates, games on tv, and everything that goes along with it. We are so fortunate to not only have this team that has a chance every year, but to be a part of the most incredible fan-base in North America. We are all some crazy, die-hard, fun-loving folk who will repeat the process every single year until the day we die. I am sure you all had similar texts and phone calls form people everywhere recognizing you as their "Buffalo friend" who represents the mafia with bold colors. 

Enjoy the off-season and I am already thinking about the home opener!

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

24 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I miss the Bills already and just feel so lucky to be a part of this fan-base, truly. I already miss the tailgates, games on tv, and everything that goes along with it. We are so fortunate to not only have this team that has a chance every year, but to be a part of the most incredible fan-base in North America. We are all some crazy, die-hard, fun-loving folk who will repeat the process every single year until the day we die. I am sure you all had similar texts and phone calls form people everywhere recognizing you as their "Buffalo friend" who represents the mafia with bold colors. 

Enjoy the off-season and I am already thinking about the home opener!

After decades of this, I'm good... been through WAY too many lean years where the season was over halfway through. Sure I'm angry about the fact that we can't seem to beat Mahomes or Burrow, but at least we are in a position to be close and we still could win it all.... if the Broncos and Saints could do it, we sure as hell could.

Good on you for the OPTIMISM... very cool and I wish you well my friend.

GO BILLS

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

To be honest, as well as intended as it is, I hate when people who don't really care, or truly "know" how it feels try to console me. I was/am fairly depressed about the end of another season...I just assume not hear things like "at least they got there", or "they played really good"...I wish to Christ I had just called in sick to work today...because honestly, it's about as sick as I've felt in a while...of course I'll be back at draft time...schedule release...meaningless pre-season games...but right now I just want to feel bad, and get it out of my system. I've been a fan since I went to my first Bills game in 1973. I'm not stopping now...but, *****, it sucks sometimes!

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Buftex said:

To be honest, as well as intended as it is, I hate when people who don't really care, or truly "know" how it feels try to console me. I was/am fairly depressed about the end of another season...I just assume not hear things like "at least they got there", or "they played really good"...I wish to Christ I had just called in sick to work today...because honestly, it's about as sick as I've felt in a while...of course I'll be back at draft time...schedule release...meaningless pre-season games...but right now I just want to feel bad, and get it out of my system. I've been a fan since I went to my first Bills game in 1973. I'm not stopping now...but, *****, it sucks sometimes!

I get what you mean.

That being said, I'm already prepping for free agency and the draft. That's the best therapy for me.

• Like (+1) 2

I had one distant friend text me “Wide right” with all exclamation points.  I called him a douche for rubbing salt in the wound.  He felt bad after that lol.  then said at least we make the playoffs every year unlike his team.  So not every text starts out friendly.

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

trust me, I was at the game, and I felt even more depressed about the whole thing today than I did when I left last night after the missed field goal. Everyone I know was about as depressed as you could imagine today, including myself. The only way I can get myself out of it was thinking about how much goddamn fun I had this year and how much I miss this team already, just 24 hours displaced from another nightmare. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Yeah, we’re so so so so incredibly lucky 😑

Right - felt amazingly lucky walking out of that stadium in silence last night 

hey at least it wasn’t wide right in the superbowl 

….wait….

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

trust me, I was at the game, and I felt even more depressed about the whole thing today than I did when I left last night after the missed field goal. Everyone I know was about as depressed as you could imagine today, including myself. The only way I can get myself out of it was thinking about how much goddamn fun I had this year and how much I miss this team already, just 24 hours displaced from another nightmare. 

Yeah...the crushing defeat is bad enough...but there is that realization that football season (my favorite season) is over...but trust me, I'd still rather feel this than the feelings we all had from 2000-2016. Love the whole routine of the football season...winning or losing, I want it to to keep going. At the two minute warning yesterday, I was so sure we were going to Baltimore...then it just comes to a halting end a few minutes later. You get over it, of course...you have to. But this one will sting for a few more days...this coming Sunday will feel weird.

Edited by Buftex
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Yeah...the crushing defeat is bad enough...but there is that realization that football season (my favorite season) is over...but trust me, I'd still rather feel this than the feelings we all had from 2000-2016. Love the whole routine of the football season...winning or losing, I want it to to keep going. At the two minute warning yesterday, I was so sure we were going to Baltimore...then it just comes to a halting end a few minutes later. You get over it, of course...you have to. But this one will sting for a few more days...this coming Sunday will feel weird.

100% feel the same. Empty day, know the routine I love is over for the year. Hope removed. It's always such a bummer. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yup, I'm so lucky and grateful to have my heart ripped out every January.  Can't wait for this experience next year.  👍

That’s the spirit

3 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I needed a day to process

Let’s remember folks at one point during this season we were six and six literally a 10% chance of even making the playoffs

We watch the team battle put a string wins together over good teams

injuries finally did us in but in the first half of that game, we had the right game plan. Our defense was the most beat up I’ve ever seen it.

Thankful for the season and looking forward to next year

I’m about ready to check out. I’m starting to get the feeling of 4 straight Super Bowl losses again. I’m probably going to be back next fall but at the moment I’ve been thinking about what I’ll be doing next fall instead of watching football. I’m sure I’ll away root for them to win but I’ve had it with this same ***** different day stuff. I don’t think the bills organization will do what it will take to get to the next step! And that is what I’m tired of.

Always a Bills fan, for better or for worse... mostly worse, but if the Bills ever left Buffalo I would stop following the sport.

I understand disappointment like the majority of life long Bills fans, I am just physically unable to support any other team, and I do love alot of what what make the Bills mafia special

Just now, ddaryl said:

Always a Bills fan, for better or for worse... mostly worse, but if the Bills ever left Buffalo I would stop following the sport.

I understand disappointment like the majority of life long Bills fans, I am just physically unable to support any other team, and I do love alot of what what make the Bills mafia special

The new stadium says the Bills aren't leaving anytime soon. 

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Even Jets fans have 1/12/69. 

So I'm 3 months old on this date but if I'm a Jets fan that would fill the gap?  I do not think so... heck us Bills fans can point to our AFL chamionships, but that doesn't seem to fill the void for us does it?

Nope I feel lucky we still have a team in the home town

Just now, Gregg said:

The new stadium says the Bills aren't leaving anytime soon. 

Yes but there was a pretty significant stretch when we did  not know if that would happen. If the Bills did leave I would have ZERO interest in following football

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.