We need new WR’s across the board

Einstein

I agree about the WRs but even a quality group of receivers needs a good offensive play book to part of. Watching the last two weeks of playoffs showed me over and over again how unsophisticated our offense was this season compared to other teams. Even with Brady running it and making better decisions than the useless Dorsey we were hamstrung by the limited playbook. Yes Josh missed guys tonight but on many plays we were not scheming guys open and there was no deception to our game plan all season like in the Dabol years. The 4th down? play to Shakir where he faked left then right in the backfield and was wide open for the first down was so rare this year. Brady did well with a terrible offense he inherited but imagine our current offense with a great coordinator and a sophisticated play book!

We need new WR’s across the board

How do you know that the issue is not Brady?  

While everyone's been fawning over Brady, seemingly few have realized that our offensive metrics have actually been worse than they were under Dorsey. 

We've turned our Allen-led offense into a dink-dunk short yardage extravaganza.  

I guess that's what "Complimentary Football" means in McD's world.  

Great idea Joel!  Where else can you get a cup of hot chocolate for $4.  

Funny too, no one can point a finger at Davis.  The irony is that he's been our highest producing playoff WR over the past two seasons prior to this one.  

5 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I agree about the WRs but even a quality group of receivers needs a good offensive play book to part of. Watching the last two weeks of playoffs showed me over and over again how unsophisticated our offense was this season compared to other teams. Even with Brady running it and making better decisions than the useless Dorsey we were hamstrung by the limited playbook. Yes Josh missed guys tonight but on many plays we were not scheming guys open and there was no deception to our game plan all season like in the Dabol years. The 4th down? play to Shakir where he faked left then right in the backfield and was wide open for the first down was so rare this year. Brady did well with a terrible offense he inherited but imagine our current offense with a great coordinator and a sophisticated play book!

Watching playoffs the past couple weeks there have been so many big gains where guys are wide ***** open, just never see it with this team

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Yes Diggs had that big drop, but lets not just erase that he made other plays throughout the game.

Definitely something up health-wise I'd imagine but not writing him off.

Look .. I’m not going to erase it .. he has got to make that catch.. he ain’t no Sherfield earning league minimum 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TonyBeets said:

I kept thinking this during the game.  Diggs is a 2 at this point.  Shakir will be a great slot.  We need a 1.  Having Kincaid saved us.  Knox is a good 2nd option at TE.  

We just need help for Allen at the wideout position.

Knox is mids 

What we saw this season was the transition of Diggs from a #1 to a #2 WR.  We no longer need a #2......we need a #1.  And for that matter, a #4 and #5 as well.  On offense, we do have some talent in place.  I am comfortable going into next season with Diggs at #2 and Shakir in the slot.  Or, if you want to, make Diggs your slot and use Shakir as your #4 and go out and find a new #1 and #2.

We are in great hands with Kincaid at TE1.  He's a star in the making.  While Knox is a fine #2 TE, I really don't want my second TE making that much money.  But that was a mistake by Beane that we will have to live with for a bit.  It's not bad having 2 good TEs, but we could really use that Knox money elsewhere.

The line proved it was fine this season.  Was it perfect?  No.  But you can't have studs at every position.  Torrence was great as a rookie overall and I expect a dominant season from him next year.  Dawkins had his best overall season as a Bill in my opinion and McGovern and Brown were pretty good, not great.  But, we can get by with them.  Center will be interesting.  Mitch is long in the tooth and makes a lot of money that we can get out from underneath from.  He was very solid this year, but it may be time.  You can usually get a very good center in round 3 of the draft and you have Bates to hold the fort down if needed.

So, there are pieces on offense that work.  But the WR position is very worrisome.  Finding 2 quality WRs is priority #1 this off season.  Stop forcing Allen to do it by himself and get him some playmakers. 

• Agree 2

Our receivers have no speed and they are terrible at running routes.  Even Diggs has regressed in that area this year.  Shakir is the the only one that I have any faith that we should retain moving forward.  Everyone else, including Diggs can go it the effort from him does not improve.

I have to say I am quite pleased with Shakir and Kincaid. Shakir is a not a #1 but he has potential to be a Beasley type slot wr. Actually, his ceiling is probably higher than Beasley. Shakir is much better after the catch and with the ball in his hands. Beasley maybe separated better. 

Kincaid, the question is can he become a top 3 Te,  and right now that is a possibility which is at least nice to at least have on the table. 

The o-line was good enough this year which I think is promising in that it will enable us to hopefully use a first round pick on a wr.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.