Trump Urging Republicans To Reject Border Security Deal-Keep the invasion going! 300,000 last month!

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Does anyone actually believe it’s the Democrats who want border security? Their actions of fighting Republican proposals AND tying the border to aid in Ukraine speaks contrary to a “fix the border” message. Couldn’t they simply decide to have a separate border deal and put some hard line proposals out there? Republicans would pass it immediately and then the problem is solved.

Democrats could even take the credit and that would be a great political move considering how highly immigration ranks on voters minds. They could take the spear right out of the republican party’s hands. 

Democrats aren’t the ones tying border funding with Ukraine aide - Republicans are - lmao.

Arrest Mayorkas and charge him. Maybe the next one will learn something. Other than that there’s nothing to be done because the DHS can simply ignore all the “deals” that get made like they ignore their mandate now. 

PS regardless of the above most Republicans are just dudes in red states who desperately want the coastal approval that comes from the D next to their name but can’t because they wouldn’t get elected. So they resent their electorate which results in the kinds of “deals” like we just saw. 

Does anyone actually believe it’s the Democrats who want border security? Their actions of fighting Republican proposals AND tying the border to aid in Ukraine speaks contrary to a “fix the border” message. Couldn’t they simply decide to have a separate border deal and put some hard line proposals out there? Republicans would pass it immediately and then the problem is solved.

Democrats could even take the credit and that would be a great political move considering how highly immigration ranks on voters minds. They could take the spear right out of the republican party’s hands. 

I think Democrats recognize that it’s a problem which it is

Especially because they say so

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

PS regardless of the above most Republicans are just dudes in red states who desperately want the coastal approval that comes from the D next to their name but can’t because they wouldn’t get elected. So they resent their electorate which results in the kinds of “deals” like we just saw. 

If that were true, Kinzinger and Cheney would already be D's.  There are still some principled politicians....

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

11 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

If that were true, Kinzinger and Cheney would already be D's.  There are still some principled politicians....

Except they make an assload of money being “principled” republicans and hating their former constituents publicly. 

4 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Except they make an assload of money being “principled” republicans and hating their former constituents publicly. 

I don't think they hate their constituents , just the scumbags who turned on them in their own party to protect themselves.  trump has them by the balls and they're too wimpy to fight back.  Tim Scott is an embarrassment.  btw, I don't think the Cheney's are hurting for money.  Kinzinger strikes me as a regular guy.

21 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I don't think they hate their constituents , just the scumbags who turned on them in their own party to protect themselves.  trump has them by the balls and they're too wimpy to fight back.  Tim Scott is an embarrassment.  btw, I don't think the Cheney's are hurting for money.  Kinzinger strikes me as a regular guy.

It’s all about power not necessarily money

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

You don’t know that Ukraine has been tied to border security

Have you been living under a rock?

I am a bit confused about the point you are trying to make here. I am arguing that it should not be tied to Ukraine funding. Why do these things have to be tied together at all? Why can't our government just function and bring an actual bill across to fix an actual problem. I'd prefer it not be stuffed with more pork than a hog farm. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I am a bit confused about the point you are trying to make here. I am arguing that it should not be tied to Ukraine funding. Why do these things have to be tied together at all? Why can't our government just function and bring an actual bill across to fix an actual problem. I'd prefer it not be stuffed with more pork than a hog farm. 

because that's how compromise works.  give a little, take a little...

• Eyeroll 1

Why should we have to compromise with people that hold the position “third worlders are going to replace you and your people and we think it’s funny”

Thankfully at least one person seems to agree with me. 

Edited by LeviF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Are there actually  people out there who are so self-deluded that they actually believe that the GOP wants to solve the border crisis?

It defies all evidence, logic, root cause analysis, and understanding of political science, so it’s hard for me to believe that there are rubes who actually buy that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Why should we have to compromise with people that hold the position “third worlders are going to replace you and your people and we think it’s funny”

cuz that's how it gets done.  u want it or not?

I am sorry that I misunderstood that you were trying to say

I agree that these things should not be tied together

38 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Because they’re not being attacked

I promise you, the Alamo will still be there in the morning

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

As I said before. 

Incredibly cynical take: governors who ordinarily do nothing good are now suddenly hearing the cries of their constituents and acting on this issue? Why? Brian ***** Kemp stands with Greg Abbott? Give me a break. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Another decent R.  Sure wish there were more.  Romney is recognizable as an actual R.  Most are not.

Yeah.  And I'm sure you agreed that he would "put y'all back in chains" and that whole "binders full of women" thing, right? :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Welp.  He is failing on both. 

It may be the Republicans should get off their ass and take the deal that Biden is offering them for help with the border

The Democrats messaging on this is terrible because the people that take these polls don’t realize that it’s the Republicans that are the ones holding things up

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It may be the Republicans should get off their ass and take the deal that Biden is offering them for help with the border

The Democrats messaging on this is terrible because the people that take these polls don’t realize that it’s the Republicans that are the ones holding things up

The Dems are losing on messaging because people know securing the border is what we should be doing, period.  There is no need to compromise on anything else.

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

If you stand with Texas, then help your country by writing to these gop who are not helping them

GOP is not needed for the federal govt to enforce the laws already on the books…

But we already know, that because Biden lied about the migrants being asylum seekers (in order to get as many into the country as possible), he has ZERO interest in enforcing the law…it’s all for show, to distract…👍

The jig is up…everyone sees what’s going on now…

Edited by JaCrispy