Referees (officials): NFL 2023 divisionals: KC-BUF: Shawn Hochuli (UPDATE: full crews announced)

chongli

56 minutes ago, chongli said:

Full referee crews have been announced. Craig Wrolstadt is our alternate referee.

So it looks like 4 of the 7 refs (Hochuli, Holt, Killen, and Padroza)  for the Chiefs game on Sunday also refereed the Eagles game in November. The remaining 3 (Fremont, Hall, Meyer) were not on the crew that gave the week 12 game to the Eagles.

Never clear of course how much of the bad officiating is free lance stuff based on personal bias or incompetence and how much is imposed from NY based on the perceived financial interests of the east coast media elites and NFL.

What we do know is that 4/7 of the crew, either on its own or at the behest of NY, was part of a set of egregiously bad calls that nearly put a dagger in the heart of the Bills’ 2023 season. 

Edited by seattlebillsfan
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

31 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Hoch’s dad was born in Milwaukee. Likely a Packers fan. Son very likely a packers fan too. 

Who would a Packers fan hate most? Bills or Chiefs? 

He probably wants the Chiefs to win to avenge Green Bay's loss at Buffalo last year.

29 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm not going to worry about it.  Have we ever not complained about what ref crew we were getting.  Seems like almost every week we hate the ref crew.

Better man than me. I can't get past this assignment. Feels like we'll need to win by multiple scores.

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

40 penalties for 347 yards in 4 games.  Eeek.

Are you a little more worried now....listen this is an absolutely terrible officiating draw. We all witnessed the Philly debacle in the 1st quarter.  You can't ignore the numbers and why Hochuli holds some grudge can be debated.  I'd love to just close my eyes and pretend we won't get screwed. I'd love to believe marketing decisions (Swifties, advertising,  etc) won't factor in for the NFL.  But I've seen this movie before with Brady and 55 yrs of watching these games tells me otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I hate all the ref talk, but maybe some of that will get back to Hochuli that he can’t be blatantly biased in the game.  But also. KC has only played home playoff games and the home team as we’ve seen over the years sometimes gets the benefit of some calls or should i say, non-calls.  It’s not surprising KC is 2-0 at home in playoffs with that crew.

Our only hope is if we are lucky enough to be up by 3 scores before the Hoculi bias intervenes. Wasnt it Shawn himself who was staring directly at the horse collar on Josh from 10ft away in the video above?? One of the worst non calls of the season but then exacerbated by his intentional grounding call!!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.