How the divisional round will be scheduled due to postponement of Bills game

BillsFan619

• BillsFan619 changed the title to How the divisional round will be scheduled due to postponement of Bills game

Yeah, i don't see it as being that big a deal.  Yes, the Divisional games involving Buf/Pit and TB/Phi would have to be on Sunday.  All the games and times were TBD anyway.

Edited by zow2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yeah, i don't see it as being that big a deal.  Yes, the Divisional games involving Buf/Pit and TB/Phi would have to be on Sunday.  All the games and times were TBD anyway.

It will all work itself out; if a game or 2 is played at an unconventional time, who cares.  Adds to the drama and fun of playoff football.

There's no magic to how the league schedules this stuff anyway; it's all just trying to maximize viewers anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsFan619 said:

Whenever it’s played, Monday or Tuesday, there has to be six days in between because of this NFL rule.

Go Bills!

Credit to @chongli for posting it first in the game postponed thread.

Credit to @HappyDays for posting it first in the game postponed thread.

prior to the postponed statement I had though given all 3 AFC go first they were planning on doing both AFC on Saturday, both nfc on Sunday.

but now it’s bills/ Steelers game on Sunday as is the eagles/ bucs..  

if bills win they host chiefs/ browns/ texans 

if Steelers win at baltimore 

in nfc

if 2&3 win winner at at SF

if one of 2&3 lose then at 2/3 team that wins DAL/DET

if both lose then they host #6 ( rams)

I think got planning 2/7 winner plays Sunday plays early Sunday slot, nfc plays latter Sunday slot.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

is Tue still a chance?  That would be wild. 

Wouldn't it be.  I'm wondering if the reasons are primarily viewership, aka a night game vs. 4:30 on a weekday, or weather related.  

Bad storm, but nothing unusual in aftermath for Buffalo.  

13 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

I think got planning 2/7 winner plays Sunday plays early Sunday slot, nfc plays latter Sunday slot.

The AFC almost certainly gets the late game Sunday since either KC-BUF or PIT-BAL would be a huge ratings draw. The only game that would be bigger would-be GB-DAL, but that would be on a Saturday.

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

is Tue still a chance?  That would be wild. 

I think they're just keeping options open in case the entire region gets 4' and they can't get it mostly cleared by Monday.

Assuming a win, I have to assume Buffalo is a slam dunk for SNF next weekend. Both their possible opponents are playing Saturday (today). 

Also, if KC wins, it’s THE match up next week even though I think Cleveland @ Buffalo will also be a brawl. 

Also a thought, to get to the SB there is a scenario where we have to run the AFCN. Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Baltimore. But also we lost to Cincinnati. Bonkers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Mango said:

Assuming a win, I have to assume Buffalo is a slam dunk for SNF next weekend. Both their possible opponents are playing Saturday (today). 

Also, if KC wins, it’s THE match up next week even though I think Cleveland @ Buffalo will also be a brawl. 

Also a thought, to get to the SB there is a scenario where we have to run the AFCN. Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Baltimore. But also we lost to Cincinnati. Bonkers.

And we could get the NFCN too in Detroit!

38 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Looks like we would be playing Sunday at 1pm due to San Fran playing Sunday at 4 because of the west coast 

That doesn't apply anymore. The Sunday games are 3 PM and 6:30 PM.

13 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I highly doubt San Fran would start at noon 

No reason why it wouldn't.

GB at SEA started at 3 PM ET/12 noon PT in 2014 for the NFCCG

Patriots-Broncos started at 3 PM ET/1 PM MT in 2015 for the AFCCG.

Edited by chongli

There are 4 remaining combos for the AFC Divisional playoffs:

HOU-BAL/ KC-BUF
MIA-BAL / HOU-BUF
HOU-KC / PIT-BAL
MIA-HOU / PIT-BAL

Since we know the PIT-BUF winner will play Sunday of divisional weekend, that guarantees that if Miami wins tonight, they would definitely play Saturday. Kansas City could go either way. m Houston has a 3 in 4 chance of playing Saturday. They would need Miami and Buffalo to win, in which case they'd play Sunday.

Edited by chongli

On 1/13/2024 at 3:55 PM, Bills!Win! said:

Looks like we would be playing Sunday at 1pm due to San Fran playing Sunday at 4 because of the west coast 

under rules…MNF game of eagles/ bucs would happen on Sunday.  

as of my writing GB is killing the cowgirls so GB at SF is certain and likely at 8 pm Saturday.

if bills game moves to Tuesday….

Sat 8 pm GB at SF

Sun 3pm   AFC

Sun 630. NFC game RAMS/DET vs PHL/TB 

Mon Bills/Steelers winner game ( they could move it to late Sunday With 1-430-8 starts)

12 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

under rules…MNF game of eagles/ bucs would happen on Sunday.  

as of my writing GB is killing the cowgirls so GB at SF is certain and likely at 8 pm Saturday.

if bills game moves to Tuesday….

Sat 8 pm GB at SF

Sun 3pm   AFC

Sun 630. NFC game RAMS/DET vs PHL/TB 

Mon Bills/Steelers winner game ( they could move it to late Sunday With 1-430-8 starts)

The Bills game will not be moving:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.