NFL in advanced talks with ESPN to take over NFL Network

chongli

3 minutes ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

You will need to stream the NFL draft on Peacock....lol. :w00t:

Ha thankfully in the UK we don't have the issue of battling through the whole list of streaming services and channels that show the games and the draft that you guys have to. Sky Sports shows all the prime time games, one 1pm slot and one 4.25pm slot each Sunday, every playoff game and the draft for us. Then an NFL GamePass (now sadly on DAZN) gets us any other game we want to see. 

It works the other way around for Premier League Soccer I believe. If you want to watch that in the States you only need 1 or 2 subscriptions. To watch all the games in the UK you need multiple (and even then some are not for broadcast).

• Agree 1

Unfortunately, I can see why the NFL might do this. Cable is shrinking as a field and at this point they've parlayed away the game rights to those it had. If TNF is on Amazon and you are sending extra games to Peacock, why maintain a broadcast crew? After that, you are keeping a full time talk show group to report on a season that is 4-6 months long (pre and postseason) and they have to carry a lot of takes until the next season starts. After that, it's rebroadcasts of old games and the NFL documentaries (which costs money to make).

So sadly, I can see the NFL deciding that NFL network isn't worth the full cost. 

I'm just annoyed because I find the GMFB crew faaaaar better than the ESPN hosts and the work NFL films does (I believe at least one poster here left to work there is pretty good quality from what I remember. I would hate getting is dumbed down by ESPN

13 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Unfortunately, I can see why the NFL might do this. Cable is shrinking as a field and at this point they've parlayed away the game rights to those it had. If TNF is on Amazon and you are sending extra games to Peacock, why maintain a broadcast crew? After that, you are keeping a full time talk show group to report on a season that is 4-6 months long (pre and postseason) and they have to carry a lot of takes until the next season starts. After that, it's rebroadcasts of old games and the NFL documentaries (which costs money to make).

So sadly, I can see the NFL deciding that NFL network isn't worth the full cost. 

I'm just annoyed because I find the GMFB crew faaaaar better than the ESPN hosts and the work NFL films does (I believe at least one poster here left to work there is pretty good quality from what I remember. I would hate getting is dumbed down by ESPN

Rich Eisen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything ESPN have.

• Agree 4

12 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Nfl network has been terrible so who cares

Loop Trump GIF

18 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I love the "NFL Greatest Games" episodes, America's game", "A football life", "The Timeline". Those are all perfectly fine to show in the offseason along with still having NFL TA. I also love the Fantasy show during football season. It would syck to lose all that. Espn has been straight garbage for a very long time now

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Loop Trump GIF

I love the "NFL Greatest Games" episodes, America's game", "A football life", "The Timeline". Those are all perfectly fine to show in the offseason along with still having NFL TA. I also love the Fantasy show during football season. It would syck to lose all that. Espn has been straight garbage for a very long time now

Completely agree on the NFL documentary stuff

Modern Disney makes a mockery of the original, and their "leaders" seem keen on losing money and ruining everything in order to push "messages".  Sports are one of the most unifying elements in society yet they want to use it to divide as well. 

It's fun to watch all games at once (NFL Red Zone). When the Bills play I watch only that game, but occasionally I watch NFL Red Zone. Good stuff.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

15 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Would absolutely hate this. ESPN has zero programming worth a damn. I haven’t watched anything other than MNF in years. Network should be bankrupt by now. 

It’s on its way…the way they infuse politics into sports has pushed many people to look for alternatives…

Disney and ESPN are a dying brand…Bad move by the NFL…

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Both networks are terrible.

Just bring Andrew Siciliano back to RedZone and leave me the hell alone.

We'll see of the deal goes through. But it wouldn't be until 2025 at the earliest.

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It works the other way around for Premier League Soccer I believe. If you want to watch that in the States you only need 1 or 2 subscriptions. To watch all the games in the UK you need multiple (and even then some are not for broadcast).

Seaking of that, I just learned that "Monday Night Football" in the UK does not refer to American football on ESPN! Mind blown. 😁

22 hours ago, Limeaid said:

This would allow NFL films to be used in Disney parks.    

ESPN Wide World of Sports with rides where historical defense stars try to tackle you!

Character of Roger Goodell giving embraces. 

This will be the first ride

GBVD64jWcAAlSTg?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.