Mike Francesca blasts greedy NFL for airing Miami at KC game exclusively on Peacock

chongli

21 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I take pride in the fact that I haven't given the NFL a nickel of my money in probably 20 years.

You haven't gone to a Bills game in 20 years either 

I'm glad this was a success. I don't have cable and I live in an apartment where antennas don't work. I all for everything to go to streaming. 

Edited by Jrb1979
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I take pride in the fact that I haven't given the NFL a nickel of my money in probably 20 years.

So then why are you even here? I thought Ralph Wilson was cheap but you win the top prize

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

I'm glad this was a success. I don't have cable and I live in an apartment where antennas don't work. I all for everything to go to streaming. 

22 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

So then why are you even here? I thought Ralph Wilson was cheap but you win the top prize

I am convinced that if they could NFL would require all fans to pay to be a fan.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I am convinced that if they could NFL would require all fans to pay to be a fan.

In this sh***y century, I definitely would... I'm on the other side of the life cycle, so they can have my $5.99 a month and my cash for Bills gear. Can't take it with you...

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I take it you don't watch any other sports?  Outside of the NFL, the rest you need cable or a streaming service to watch. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Jrb1979 said:

I take it you don't watch any other sports?  Outside of the NFL, the rest you need cable or a streaming service to watch. 

Used to watch  basketball & hockey and sometimes I watch Olympics.  See Baseball on local channels sometimes.

Tried to get antenna to work but too many trees I guess so choice is between Verizon FIOS or Cox.

Not about Peacock per se, but about streaming in general. As the tweet says, Amazon has acquired a share in Diamond Sports Group for $115 million, pending US Bankruptcy Court approval, which shows regional sports (NBA/NHL/MLB) in 37 states under the label Bally Sports. Amazon will be a host for the games on Prime Video. Amazon will now have a presence in all four major US sports.

[paywalled:]

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/39327963/amazon-invest-diamond-sports-part-bankruptcy-deal

"Amazon will partner with Diamond Sports as part of a restructuring agreement as the largest owner of regional sports networks looks to emerge from bankruptcy.

Diamond owns 18 networks under the Bally Sports banner. Those networks have the rights to 37 professional teams: 11 MLB, 15 NBA and 11 NHL.

Diamond Sports has been in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings in the Southern District of Texas since it filed for protection last March. The company said in a late 2021 financial filing that it had debt of $8.67 billion.

[...]

Amazon Prime already carries some New York Yankees and Brooklyn Nets games produced by the YES Network."

Edited by chongli
  • Vomit 1

On 1/15/2024 at 7:31 AM, Jrb1979 said:

voted you up. im not in your shoes, but i understand this POV, and I definitely understand that the young people out there are far more likely to stream than watch on cable. this is the wave of the future. right now, i can stream every bills game, except those on espn and fox. and its been said that espn will be offered through streaming in the next year or two. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.