Prices going up at hotels has started (edit: also discussing ticket pricing)

Just Jack

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I think it is likely 15-20% Steeler fans.  Bills sell large blocks of tickets to ticket agencies and ticket brokers and they concentrate on selling to opposition fans going to Buffalo packaging them with hotels, plane fare, private tailgates and ground transportation.   Add that to fans who buy extra tickets to resell and those with season tickets but do not want to go to cold / wet games there are a lot of tickets available to buy.

My guess:

70-75% Bills fans

15-20% Steeler fans

5%-10% no shows - people selling and waited too long, asking too much. and stuck with tickets.

Know someone from Buffalo who has 8 tickets, sell 6 per game mostly to opposition fans who sometimes sells all 8 and buys cheaper tickets from someone else.

The bills have over 62,000 season ticket holders rn... That's over 90% of the stadium

There's zero chance 20% Steelers fans.. and there's not going to be 10% no show lol

The bills haven't been under 70,000 attendance this season... That's attendance through the gate not tickets sold 

If you just use this season as an example there's going to be 62000 bills fans and max 7-8k Steelers 

Edited by Buffalo716

On 1/8/2024 at 7:13 AM, KDIGGZ said:

It's bizarre how there are no hotels near the stadium. They are investing billions into the stadium itself and then $0 surrounding the stadium.

I always use the example of Green Bay’s title town. Beautiful build up outside of the stadium. And Green Bay has a population of 110k, so it isn’t a big city thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I always use the example of Green Bay’s title town. Beautiful build up outside of the stadium. And Green Bay has a population of 110k, so it isn’t a big city thing. 

Orchard Park is not even close to 110k

It's a small town... That turns into a small City 10 times a year

That's why it's not built up

You can reach Buffalo or any of her suburbs within 15 or 20 minutes... Where there is stuff going on

Edited by Buffalo716

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Orchard Park is not even close to 110k

It's a small town... That turns into a small City 10 times a year

That's why it's not built up

You can reach Buffalo or any of her suburbs within 15 or 20 minutes... Where there is stuff going on

Green Bay Metro is 320k, Buffalo Niagara metro is 1.2 million. If they wanted to, they could support a title town like area. 

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Green Bay Metro is 320k, Buffalo Niagara metro is 1.2 million. If they wanted to, they could support a title town like area. 

It's not who lives in OP, it's who'll drive 15-20 minutes to an attraction in OP. 

7 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

There's going to be probably a Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame area or something

The thing is we don't have any modern NFL titles and 2 AFL

Yes I love the AFL championships but we don't have as many championships as the Packers...  Pre or post merger

They have 13 overall.. hence titletown

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

There's going to be probably a Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame area or something

The thing is we don't have any modern NFL titles and 2 AFL

Yes I love the AFL championships but we don't have as many championships as the Packers...  Pre or post merger

They have 13 overall.. hence titletown

I went to the Packers game in 2018 and we toured the Packers Hall of Fame/Museum thing they have inside the stadium and it's pretty impressive.  That franchise just has so much history.  I love the Bills but I have to admit our history just doesn't compare to a storied franchise like Green Bay.  I'm sure we can do something but not sure how much of a draw it would be outside of gamedays or gameday weekends. 

9 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I went to the Packers game in 2018 and we toured the Packers Hall of Fame/Museum thing they have inside the stadium and it's pretty impressive.  That franchise just has so much history.  I love the Bills but I have to admit our history just doesn't compare to a storied franchise like Green Bay.  I'm sure we can do something but not sure how much of a draw it would be outside of gamedays or gameday weekends. 

I am pretty sure if there was going to be an actual Bills HoF as part of the stadium project, it would have been announced by now.  But think the people that will flock to see a giant buffalo and some “just freeze baby” flags.  

PS An actual ticketed Bills HoF along with stadium tours would have been a big hit outside of game weekends…especially come summer time and holidays.   

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I am pretty sure if there was going to be an actual Bills HoF as part of the stadium project, it would have been announced by now.  But think the people that will flock to see a giant buffalo and some “just freeze baby” flags.  

PS An actual ticketed Bills HoF along with stadium tours would have been a big hit outside of game weekends…especially come summer time and holidays.   

You can call up the Bills stadium and get tours whenever

It's not a big time business...

And a ticketed Hall of Fame would not bring as much as you think.. it's a one-time only thing basically... Especially if you're paying... Locals won't be going back five times a year

So you'll still just get 10 days a year during bills games basically

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You can call up the Bills stadium and get tours whenever

It's not a big time business...

And a ticketed Hall of Fame would not bring as much as you think.. it's a one-time only thing basically... Especially if you're paying... Locals won't be going back five times a year

So you'll still just get 10 days a year during bills games basically

I wasn’t talking about hotels. 

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I wasn’t talking about hotels. 

A Bill's Hall of Fame that you have to pay to visit wouldn't bring as much as you think either

There's not a lot of repeat value there

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

A Bill's Hall of Fame that you have to pay to visit wouldn't bring as much as you think either

If the exhibits were updated regularly, and there was interactive stuff for the kids, it would be a big hit, and also, you want to compare interest in stadium tours at the 60 year old Ralph versus a new state of the art stadium?

8 hours ago, Limeaid said:

If you are willing to spend $1k on a hotel likely you will pay for a professional driver to take you to and from game rather than depending on finding a Über driver after game.

I was planning on buying a home for the weekend, then hitchiking to the game.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I dunno, I paid to take a tour of Invesco Field and couldn't care less about the Broncos. I was in town, it was a thing to do, it was interesting.  Fun fact, never buy a draft beer at a modern stadium. The tap lines are so long there is no way on Earth that they flush them properly.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

I thought the NFL always distributes a certain % of tickets to visiting team for Playoffs.

Depends on team.  WTF used to short visiting team and sell on black market.  This was told to me by Bills player who later went Washington.

9 hours ago, Just Jack said:

That was my thought also, coming from Syracuse.  I might drive part way Saturday to make less of a drive Sunday morning though.  Not all the way to Buffalo, maybe Batavia.  Hotels are still reasonably priced there.  

I'm amazed. I bought early for very good seats to secure good seats (at 30-35, 16 rows up, bills side). I figured the Steelers fans would be buying a lot more than they have. 

You know I track tickets like a hawk - this is downright amazing. I've never seen anything like this for the playoffs. The Patriots game went up until Friday night. The Miami game went up until Friday afternoon. 

These are going down by Tuesday!!!!!

I just looked again. Tickets are down $200 from Sunday night alone. Iive seen drops of $100 over a few days and $200 off the overall.

You can get Bills sidelines between the 20's for less than $250 at kickoff if you wait and hunt.

Edited by boyst

13 minutes ago, boyst said:

You know I track tickets like a hawk - this is downright amazing. I've never seen anything like this for the playoffs. The Patriots game went up until Friday night. The Miami game went up until Friday afternoon. 

These are going down by Tuesday!!!!!

I don't know if they still do it, but it used to be when listing on TM, you could put in your starting price, and your lowest price, and it would automatically drop the price each day until they either sold or the game started.  Maybe that's why you're seeing big drops already.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.