Baltimore LB spills the beans on Miami and San Fran

47 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

To be fair, the exact same thing was said after the Bills game vs the Dolphins. Their use of motion with Hill was so precise that the Bills used the Dolphins going into motion as a timer to jump the snap. That was how they were getting such consistent pressure on Tua all day.

Now, I would assume that McDaniels cleaned a bit of it up, but I believe that the tells are the biggest weakness to the use of motion to the extent that the Phins and Niners use it. Because you need the timing and motion to be perfect on the quick throws, there is a risk of predictability if you rely on it too much...which is the core of McDaniel's offense.

I think some teams also just have teams that are bad matchups. The Jets since Saleh got his D in have been pretty tough for Josh as they seem to really do a good job in the secondary on how they defend him and have the horses to do enough up front to constantly have pressure. I think the Bills truthfully are a bad matchup for the type of team Buffalo has v MIA or even SF. Both passers are great timing passers that rely on scheme and motion to excel. Disrupt that and both have issues, create pressure up front and it is a problem. Be physical with their WRs and they will fade as the game goes on.

The Patriots during their run always seemed to have the Steelers number, but I really think part of it was they baited PIT into a street fight regularly and then just torched them when they weren't paying attention to the actual scheme because they were too focused on physicality. I think CIN is an atrocious matchup for Buffalo because Lou on D excels at pressing our WR's and creating pressure across the board while their offense seems to like contact and a smash mouth style which until this year Buffalo's D failed at.

I think a lot of the scoring being down has to do with offensive players being so expensive.

If you've got a QB and a WR and maybe one other player like a star OL or TE that's all you can afford and you've got to fill in around those guys with rookies or journeymen. Makes defending that team easier.

Can't wait for the Dolphins to have to pay Tua but it seems like his contract is always 2 years away somehow.

Bengals are also about to go through this at WR. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

shared what?  

The tells Queen was talking about.  I was mostly being facetious.  After the Miami game McD said that all Miami's machinations were eye candy so he must have figured-out the tells himself.

21 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

To be fair, the exact same thing was said after the Bills game vs the Dolphins. Their use of motion with Hill was so precise that the Bills used the Dolphins going into motion as a timer to jump the snap. That was how they were getting such consistent pressure on Tua all day.

Now, I would assume that McDaniels cleaned a bit of it up, but I believe that the tells are the biggest weakness to the use of motion to the extent that the Phins and Niners use it. Because you need the timing and motion to be perfect on the quick throws, there is a risk of predictability if you rely on it too much...which is the core of McDaniel's offense.

Floyd did the same thing after the Miami game in an interview.

First he said they took away Tua's first read then backtracked and said they had a good gameplan for how to defend them.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

The tells Queen was talking about.  I was mostly being facetious.  After the Miami game McD said that all Miami's machinations were eye candy so he must have figured-out the tells himself.

McD giving John Harbaugh tips on how to play Defense?

lol---that's rich...

54 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

shared what?  

hoe buffalo in first meeting did stuff to limit what Miami  did limiting them to 20 points.  Buffalo didn’t run up the score.

Buffalo exposed the Eagles defense thst other teams have repeatedly done that they have yet to adjust.

yes— all teams are researched for tendencies in situations and plays by formation.  With some..thry don’t care and say try to stop us.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/5/2024 at 10:34 AM, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

The tells are in the RPOs.  If the LB does this - the QB will do this.  Its why we throw to the boundary so much, the defense wants us to do it.  

Miami runs a fair amount of these so they're likely doing the same thing - defense would rather the ball go to a short throw in the boundary than hill or diggs over the middle or something.  There's usually a run element there too but that linebacker can still hit their run fit if they do it right.  

That's not what he is referring to. You're talking about concepts post snap. Every offense has that.  

Queen referring to "If they align like this and do this motion... it will be this play." 

"If Hill is 2 yards to the right and Waddle is shaded off his inside shoulder behind him, expect this route combo because that's all they run out of this"

30 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

McD giving John Harbaugh tips on how to play Defense?

lol---that's rich...

Why would he give Harbaugh tips? Harbaugh was just a special teams coach. 

39 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

hoe buffalo in first meeting did stuff to limit what Miami  did limiting them to 20 points.  Buffalo didn’t run up the score.

Buffalo exposed the Eagles defense thst other teams have repeatedly done that they have yet to adjust.

yes— all teams are researched for tendencies in situations and plays by formation.  With some..thry don’t care and say try to stop us.

Not to mention most defensive coordinators know each other and sometimes share information.

• Like (+1) 1

Study enough tape, and you’ll see things.   I forgot which poster here mentioned it, but they noticed (this was sometime during the drought) that one of the Bills WR, if the ball was not going to be thrown to him, would leave the huddle before anyone else.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.