Anyone else have a good feeling about the Titans vs. Jags?

JMM

I want Jacksonville to win because I want the Bills to HAVE to play for the 2nd seed like their playoff lives depend on it.  If they can't win tonight, what makes anyone think the would go far in the playoffs as a 5th or 6th seed after blowing 2nd seed?  I want the Bills to know it's do or die and play like there's no tomorrow because every game will be do or die the rest of the post season. Toughen them up with a must win mindset entering the game tonight. 

• Eyeroll 2

Vrabels press conference give us a chance.  

I haven’t read this thread, is his PC from Thursday linked in the thread?  It made me lol and now I like him a lot more than I did

10 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I want Jacksonville to win because I want the Bills to HAVE to play for the 2nd seed like their playoff lives depend on it.  If they can't win tonight, what makes anyone think the would go far in the playoffs as a 5th or 6th seed after blowing 2nd seed?  I want the Bills to know it's do or die and play like there's no tomorrow because every game will be do or die the rest of the post season. Toughen them up with a must win mindset entering the game tonight. 

It's ridiculous if we can't beat Miami out for the division given that our offense was essentially injury-free this season given our roster.  How many times is that going to happen.  Factor in Cook's play, our vastly improved OL, and it's not good that we haven't clinched the division by now.  

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

It's ridiculous if we can't beat Miami out for the division given that our offense was essentially injury-free this season given our roster.  How many times is that going to happen.  Factor in Cook's play, our vastly improved OL, and it's not good that we haven't clinched the division by now.  

Still disagree. It is not good that we haven't clinched the playoffs by now. But the reason the division is still in play today is that Miami has been good. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Still disagree. It is not good that we haven't clinched the playoffs by now. But the reason the division is still in play today is that Miami has been good. 

Who cares what Miami is, we're 10-6 and should be better than that.  

Miami is not a better team than we are.

And this discussion is hardly complete without that comparison of injuries to both teams' offensive players.  

How many seasons are we going to get through with zero significant injuries on offense?  None is a safe wager.  

Edited by PBF81

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The only way I see them winning is if Lawrence is more injured than he’s letting on 

Apart from Miami who a lot of people are down on for not beating good teams, the Titans have beaten four other teams wit a combined record of 22-42.  

If w have to rely on 2017 type luck ...

7 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Who cares what Miami is, we're 10-6 and should be better than that.  

Miami is not a better team than we are.

And this discussion is hardly complete without that comparison of injuries to both teams' offensive players.  

How many seasons are we going to get through with zero significant injuries on offense?  None is a safe wager.  

No they are not. But they are an 11 win team going into week 18. So the Bills would have to have been a 13 win team going into week 18 with the potential to be a 14 win team for there to be no possibility the division is in play today. And I have already explained why I don't look at this roster and see a 14 win team this year. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No they are not. But they are an 11 win team going into week 18. So the Bills would have to have been a 13 win team going into week 18 with the potential to be a 14 win team for there to be no possibility the division is in play today. And I have already explained why I don't look at this roster and see a 14 win team this year. 

Great, agree to disagree then.  But honestly, if McD can't do significantly better than three of our teams with 9-7 records during our drought era, with WBs half, at best,, of what allen is, ...

🙂

9 minutes ago, Strethor said:

TLaw plays horrible when listed on the injury report. 

Tennessee has no incentive to win.

They do have disincentive though.  

Just sayin'.  

Edited by PBF81

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Tennessee has no incentive too win.

They do have disincentive though.  

Just sayin'.  

I don't see Mike Vrabel coaching like that. I think Jacksonville will win. But I don't think it will be any lack of effort on TEN's part. They will give them everything they have. They just are not very good.

The good thing about the way this lines up today is that the Bills will absolutely know what they need to do long before kickoff tonight. It could be like the drought ending season where they were finished and had to pray the Bengals pulled off a miracle an hour or so later. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't see Mike Vrabel coaching like that. I think Jacksonville will win. But I don't think it will be any lack of effort on TEN's part. They will give them everything they have. They just are not very good.

Like you said, they're not very good, all they have to do is come in not caring.  

Beathard played well enough against Carolina as well.  

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Like you said, they're not very good, all they have to do is come in not caring.  

Beathard played well enough against Carolina as well.  

Yea I think they will care. I just think they are bad. I expect a close first half and Jacksonville pull away just enough in the second. 26-16 something like that. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea I think they will care. I just think they are bad. I expect a close first half and Jacksonville pull away just enough in the second. 26-16 something like that. 

We'll find out soon.  🙂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.