Jets cut Dalvin Cook

Einstein

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

Not a bad fit for the Ravens at all. They can block and he can find space. Will be cool to see a Cook vs Cook AFCCG!!!

If he even sees the field much.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I readily admit that I thought RJ was extremely talented and would have a wonderful career. 🙂🙄

You and me both. Which is why I had been skeptical of every Bills QB after that and it took me a while to accept that JA is actually very very good 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

We’ll see.  It’s not just his 3.0 YPC this season.   He was among one of the lowest starting RB’s in the RYOE metric.  He’s a name player on the decline.  Won’t be in the league for much longer 

It's more about scheme than anything.  

56 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

We’ll see.  It’s not just his 3.0 YPC this season.   He was among one of the lowest starting RB’s in the RYOE metric.  He’s a name player on the decline.  Won’t be in the league for much longer 

Would you be so kind as to explain what exactly goes into that RYOE metric from PFF?  How exactly is it calculated?

50 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Would you be so kind as to explain what exactly goes into that RYOE metric from PFF?  How exactly is it calculated?

RUSHING YARDS OVER EXPECTED (RYOE)

Short Description

RYOE uses down, distance, yard line, defensive alignment and offensive line grades to determine the number of yards an average running back would gain in a given situation.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-plays-over-expectation-pff-research-stats-grades#:~:text=Short Description,gain in a given situation.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

This article does a better job than I could:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-2-what-rushing-over-expected-tells-us-about-rb-prop-bets#:~:text=This is where rushing yards,is at defending the run.

Basically a weighted stat like the EPA, so it takes into account the context such as a 6 yard run on 3rd and 20 etc….

22 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Shrewd move by both sides especially for Cook who will have a great chance at winning a superbowl now.

Cook does have a great chance of winning a Super Bowl-JAMES COOK. 

22 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Will be cool to see a Cook vs Cook AFCCG!!!

Will be cooler to have old man Flacco come to Buffalo for the AFCCG! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.