Can we bring the Beasley/Mckenzie role back already?

Ramza86

4 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I’ve noticed that with Kincaid as well. In fact it’s been my only disappointment with him. I’ve mentioned this lack of playmaking ability when folks compare him to other elite tight ends. However, that’s not what I saw from him as a college player. The NFL is obviously a step up with faster defensive players, but I’m not convinced his RAC ability is as bad as appears. I don’t think the routes he’s asked to run put him in the best position to make plays. He’s taking on a role that’s similar to running backs as outlet receivers. 

What???

Kincaid has 282 YAC this year. Good for 11th among TE. 
https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-te.php

I have no clue where stupid statements like this come from. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

What???

I should have been more clear - he hasn't shown an ability to break tackles/shake free of defenders.  

Regardless,  considering he's 8th in receptions, is being 11 in YAC good?

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

What???

I think you misunderstood. I basically said I don’t think Kincaid passes the eye test of being a Kelce like playmaker, but he showed that ability more in college. The stats do indicate it’s better than it looked to me, but there’s no denying most receptions have been dump offs that limit YAC yards. That’s mostly what I blame for not being even better in that category. I appreciate the stats, because that makes your point, but Kincaid can be even better than that. 

7 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I should have been more clear - he hasn't shown an ability to break tackles/shake free of defenders.  

Regardless,  considering he's 8th in receptions, is being 11 in YAC good?

I agree, Knox (when he actually catches the ball) looks like a threat for a big play every time, while Kincaid does appear weak by TE standards with the ball. However, Kincaid might be more the shifty type, than power runner, we just haven’t maximized that potential. I wish we could combine Kincaid’s hands with Knox’s power. With that said, Kincaid is a really good player who will only keep getting better imo. It’s not like I don’t really like Kincaid as a player. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

YAC/R with no minimum receptions is not very useful. You’re considering TE with literally 2 and 3 catches. 

Kincaid is at 4.3. Ahead of LaPorta, Hurst, Hockenson, etc, all below 4.2. 

Take your lap and move on. 

What arbitrary  minimum reception figure would you like you use as a filter?

As asked earlier, regarding gross YAC, considering he's 8th in receptions, is being 11 in gross YAC good?

That was supposed to be filled by the generational Kincaid 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, UmbrellaMan said:

Can Kaiir Elam play WR? He ran a 4.39 at the combine, and was an excellent WR in high school. 

😳 that should be an easy transition at this stage 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

Shakir is the answer. Been saying all season, why have we forgotten the quick slant and pop pass to the slot? Shakir is better with the ball in his hands than Beasley and a much better receiver than McKenzie. 

44 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I don’t know. This statement seems pretty clear to me. How was it misunderstood?

Let’s make this clear. 
You stated Kincaid has ZERO RAC ability. 

Kincaid has 282 yd in RAC this year, good for 11th. 

Therefore, your statement is wrong.  Full stop. 

5 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Why can’t Kincaid and/or Shakir be that guy? This is where I have issues with the structure of this offense under both coordinations this season. 

Yes they both seem skilled enough. We were told Kincaid was unique as a TE and more of a hybrid WR. And while it’s early in his career so far he’s not made a significant impact. He will likely only get better. Shakir has shown progress as well. So I think they should evoke. How much is on scheme vs talent 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Let’s make this clear. 
You stated Kincaid has ZERO RAC ability. 

Kincaid has 282 yd in RAC this year, good for 11th. 

Therefore, your statement is wrong.  Full stop. 

Yes, I figured you wouldn't answer the question, which I'll post again (italicized), for your convenience.

As asked 2x earlier, regarding gross YAC, considering he's 8th in receptions, is being 11 in gross YAC good?

Clearly, when Kincaid catches the ball with no defender in front of him, he can run after the catch (like the TD against the Buccaneers).  

6 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

Its always been easier for this offense to operate with those standard slot route, but Josh was always looking for the bigger play

But things have changed this year...Allen has been working on the mindset to take what the defense gives....that role would be exactly what would help this offense move.

Right? Or no?

Yup, as that is essential if the passing game is to work well, was the foundation of that when Beasley was here.

What happened to the short/middle and intermediate routes lately?? When those are the main focus this team looks its best and seems to have the most fun too.

Shakir seems to be that guy, and needs more of those crossing routes along with the backs, tight ends, and the other receivers.

Looked too one dimensional yesterday, more like a dorsey offense at times.

When the short passing game is working well this offense and team look unbeatable.

6 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Kincaid has shown zero RAC ability so far.

In relationship to the right end position that we are used to see, correct. Knox gets 2-3 yards if any. Kincaid gets 4-5. A wr like Shakir clears 10+ on the same routes.

Anyone else on that long TD to Shakir and they're caught.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I miss the Beasley underneath roll. That's when our offense was clicking 

What I remember and missed the most about Beasley was no matter if it was 3rd and short or 3rd and long he seemed always open for a guaranteed 1st down.  Sometimes he got hit hard as ***** after, but it moved the chains.

It sucks talking about how great or unstoppable our offense was, when it wasnt even that long ago and its the same regime.

8 hours ago, dma0034 said:

I agree completely! But who? Hunter Renfrow or Chris Godwin are good options but you'd have to trade for them.

Bills need WR to be the #1 priority in the offseason.

This should be an easy position to grab in the offseason.   The Beasley, McKenzie type are a bit underrated league wide.  A cheap FA or draft pick should not be difficult.   Probably can't afford Renfrow.  Definitely not Godwin. 

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Trade for DK Metcalf and turn Diggs into a 120 catch slot receiver. 

I dream of Josh with multiple offensive weapons.

8 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Kincaid has shown zero RAC ability so far.

Um, no.

Of his 589 yards, 282 are YAC, according to Pro Football Ref. He's kicking ass at YAC.

4.3 per reception so far. His YAC is almost as much as his yards before reception, 4.7.

Kincaid is Josh's Beasley this year, his easy button.

Edited by Thurman#1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.