Laporta versus Kincaid?

Toledo Bill

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

LaPorta is also the main man in Derroit. They allow him to run seam routes and actually use him the way he should be. How did Kincaid look when he was the main man when Knox was out? He looked exactly like he was on LaPorta's level. Now Knox is back and Kincaid is basically taking a back seat again. LaPorta is not necessarily better

Laporta has averaged 10 yards per rec plus in like 10 games. Kincaid only 2. It’s more than Knox impacting it. It’s how we use him. 90% of his catches are short dump offs. 

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Laporta has averaged 10 yards per rec plus in like 10 games. Kincaid only 2. It’s more than Knox impacting it. It’s how we use him. 90% of his catches are short dump offs. 

It's a mix of Knox being part of this offense and the Bills only allowing him to run little 5 yard routes and do run after the catch. The Lions let LaPorta run the seams and throw him ball downfield. It's the offensive systems. It's not the players

35 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

Not a stupid point, it was just a conversational question. 

Stupid post and yet talks about it. It's crazy that people can't talk to one another online without throwing insults. I do agree though that if each player was flipped team wise the numbers would reflect the teams use and not the players talent.   Buffalo doesn't easily trust players that are rooks or new to the team. (So it seems). Idk Kincaid also has been dropping passes a lot (along with everyone one this team). Ok I'll stop now or I won't ever stop lol. Go Bills. 

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Kincaid could use some muscle if he is going to be used more like Laporta. Kincaid is much more of big WR than a TE at this point. Depends what the plan is for him. Right now he reminds me of David Nelson. I have hopes they can unleash him at some point but they may require a change in coaching. 

So then the question is why do they have him run the routes he does if he is a big receiver? Nothing down the seam, no comebacks, everything is an out route or he’s used as a safety valve 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Stupid post and yet talks about it. It's crazy that people can't talk to one another online without throwing insults. I do agree though that if each player was flipped team wise the numbers would reflect the teams use and not the players talent.   Buffalo doesn't easily trust players that are rooks or new to the team. (So it seems). Idk Kincaid also has been dropping passes a lot (along with everyone one this team). Ok I'll stop now or I won't ever stop lol. Go Bills. 

I didn't insult anyone

23 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

So then the question is why do they have him run the routes he does if he is a big receiver? Nothing down the seam, no comebacks, everything is an out route or he’s used as a safety valve 

That is the problem. I think he could be much more productive doing what you said. Maybe they are setting up the end and up for the biggest play of the year. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Kincaid was said by many to easily be the the best TE in this draft class. It took us half the season to start using him the way we should have and the last 2 weeks, Allen has barely thrown the ball and the Bills have a hard on for Dawson Knox. That is keeping Kincaid from being consistent every week. If LaPorta was in this offense with Dawson Know lingering, you mean to tell me he is better than Kincaid?

Did I say I thought highly of myself? Why are you making assumptions?

You sure are a spirited fella.

56 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I wasn't being sparky. Trust me, if I was I would tell you. I was simply saying that the players are no different from each other and it's the offenses they are in why one has more production than the other. If people are taking that as snarky, I don't know what to tell them

You're insulting for nothing. It's a waste of our time. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Why do you have to jump in and call this a stupid post? A lot easier to just not reply since you think so highly of yourself, bub.

This is funny coming from someone who clearly thinks very highly of himself.  😂 

But yeah, no need for slinging an insult even if the OP is completely oblivious as to the context surrounding these two very promising rookie TEs.  

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

This is funny coming from someone who clearly thinks very highly of himself.  😂 

But yeah, no need for slinging an insult even if the OP is completely oblivious as to the context surrounding these two very promising rookie TEs.  

I don't think highly of myself. I know highly of myself. And for that I am not wrong.

• Haha (+1) 1

Kincaid is stuck on a team where the HC values his vets way more his young players. He’s better than Knox but gotta split the targets. When Knox was down the TE productivity and consistency looked the best it has in years. Now he’s back and it’s back to being inconsistent. I like Knox and I understand they gave him a contract, but what worked best should be priority not keeping players happy. When Cook balled last week, Allen was pretty honest about if they could do that every week for the rest of the season he’d be happy. That’s the way it should be with every position, guy that produces plays. Last year when McKenzie sucked balls at the slot position they kept him in there all season despite Shakir showing flashes. It’s just the way this team goes, part of the reason why the O struggles at times

• Like (+1) 1

I'll settle this real quickly. Take LaPorta out of the Lions offense and put him in the Bills offense and take Kincaid and put him in the Lions offense, production is flipped. There, now go back to not making stupid posts. It's not Kincaid, it's how they are used

Why are you so angry? He was just asking a question. Jeesh. 

There's no question to be had. If you honestly think LaPorta looks just as good in our offense as he does in Detroit, I hate to break it to you, it would make no difference. Kincaid would be the better TE if he was in Detroit 

Good grief man…why are you taking this so personally?

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Actually I think most had Laporta as the number 1 TE and he is playing like it. Beane wanted Aaron Hernandez. He wanted a flex TE and that is what Kincaid is.

LaPorta is obviously far better right now. But it's early. Kincaid still looks like he can be a star. 

I don't know many pundits or scouts that had Laporta as number one.. maybe one guy

Multiple scouts and pundits had Dalton a top 15-20 prospect in the draft.. I don't think anybody had Sam in the top 20

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.