Why is it so hard for fans to admit reality?

oldmanfan

Just now, BananaB said:

Why do some fans think every game should be a cake walk? It’s part of football. They ***** themselves in the foot a few times and still came out with a win. Earlier in the year they lose that game. 

I thought it would be a tougher game than many thought given teams play hard for interim HCs.  But with our clear advantage in talent we should not have had it come down to a game winning FG with less than a minute left.

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Ideally?  Zero.  Reality?  I would say less than 8 on the year.  He should at most throw one every other game.

So fewer than 8ints and 40+TDs/year

This is why it's important to look at performance in context of other QBs

Your standard is patently ridiculous 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

It’s not absurd at all! You keep saying they got lucky-so answer for me, so other teams get “lucky” or is it just the Bills? Or does it not matter because what one team does has no effect on another team-or whatever nonsensical argument you’re trying to make? 

What many have said and what I will say AGAIN (please finally read and understand this) claiming the Bills only won that game because of luck is disingenuous. They could have played better, sure, but the bottom line is they won the game. It wasn’t a lucky win, it was an ugly win-big difference that you’re not getting 

If you would READ that comment was directed at the idea that one should compare Allen to other QBs as a way apparently to justify his throwing too many picks.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

So fewer than 8ints and 40+TDs/year

This is why it's important to look at performance in context of other QBs

Your standard is patently ridiculous 

Really?  Throwing less than a pick a game is unrealistic?  Get serious.

Edited by oldmanfan

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I thought it would be a tougher game than many thought given teams play hard for interim HCs.  But with our clear advantage in talent we should not have had it come down to a game winning FG with less than a minute left.

I figured it would be a tough game, the turnovers didn’t help. If Harty didn’t fumble that team doesn’t even get in the endzone and Bills are basically in control all game despite a slow start

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If you would READ that comment was directed at the idea that one should compare Allen to other QBs as a way apparently to justify his throwing too many picks.

My guy you just don't understand football

Please do yourself a favor and look around the league

3 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Username checks out 

I have seen a ton of truly terrible Bills football over the years.  This year’s team has the potential to win it all, but needs to play better than last night to do so.  How can anyone argue that?

I’m sorry I’m not giddy over beating a team with a kid playing his first meaningful football at QB.  I’m happy we did, but concerned about how we played.  Has nothing to do with age.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

My guy you just don't understand football

Please do yourself a favor and look around the league

Again I don’t give a damn about other teams.  I care how the Bills and their players play.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Wrap your brain around this analogy.  Maybe this will help bc you clearly are struggling with this concept.

If I plow 45 chicks in one night it’s much more likely that I catch a few STDs than if I only plowed 14 chicks in one night.

Get it?  😂 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I figured it would be a tough game, the turnovers didn’t help. If Harty didn’t fumble that team doesn’t even get in the endzone and Bills are basically in control all game despite a slow start

Hardy and Cook’s miscues almost killed us.  The slow start drive me insane.  Thankfully Josh became Good Josh the second half.

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I can agree with that.  But if you are introduce luck as a substantial factor, then you can easily say the reason the Bills 13-2 is because of “luck.”   And you can’t discount luck as a factor in why some teams win the SB and why other don’t.

The problem is that Bills fans want it both ways.  The Bills are lucky when they win a game versus a bad opponent but when they lose a close game it’s their own fault.

Yup... like a 59 yard field goal in the rain so the Eagles could beat us in OT.

We have been snake bit, but also put ourselves in situations where fickle fate could weigh in on the result. And we have been on the wrong side of those quite enough.

I think we all prefer handing it to teams and having Kyle hand it off to close out the win. Can't always get what you want in this league.

I have seen a ton of truly terrible Bills football over the years.  This year’s team has the potential to win it all, but needs to play better than last night to do so.  How can anyone argue that?

I’m sorry I’m not giddy over beating a team with a kid playing his first meaningful football at QB.  I’m happy we did, but concerned about how we played.  Has nothing to do with age.

Again I don’t give a damn about other teams.  I care how the Bills and their players play.

😂😂Ok well I'm going to suggest you temper your expectations if you're looking for 45TDs and fewer than 8INTs as your baseline acceptable season from Allen

maybe watch tennis or something lol

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Wrap your brain around this analogy.  Maybe this will help bc you clearly are struggling with this concept.

If I plow 45 chicks in one night it’s much more likely that I catch a few STDs than if I only plowed 14 chicks in one night.

Get it?  😂 

Wrap your head around actual statistics.  Each throw a QB makes is an independent event, with numerous variables affecting the outcome.  If you throw into coverage, or across the field, or fail to read coverages, each of these independent variables affects the success of a single throw.  A  You cut down picks by controlling and minimizing the effect of the independent variables.

Or, in your analogy, you cut down your STD risk by the 45 not  being street workers.  It’s a variable within your control.  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The reality is we were lucky yesterday.  Josh was bad Josh until the last drive.  Cook had a pivotal fumble.  The defense let a guy with no experience in the league almost win the game for the Bolts.  The only guy that played really well was Oliver.  

Just admit they sucked yesterday and got lucky.  They won’t be that bad every game; I suspect they’ll squish the Fish like Josh always does.  But they sucked yesterday and have too many times this year against inferior competition and that’s why they’re in the position they’re in.

I guess, it wasn't their best but I think alot of people are discounting the fact that the Chargers are a talented football team.

Fired their coach/GM and the team played probably their best game of the year, everyone of them know their job is on the line.

Could have Buffalo played better? Obviously. 

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Get it?  😂 

Statistical analysis is hard, I know.  I’ve only had to do it in my job for 40 some years.

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Wrap your head around actual statistics.  Each throw a QB makes is an independent event, with numerous variables affecting the outcome.  If you throw into coverage, or across the field, or fail to read coverages, each of these independent variables affects the success of a single throw.  A  You cut down picks by controlling and minimizing the effect of the independent variables.

Or, in your analogy, you cut down your STD risk by the 45 not  being street workers.  It’s a variable within your control.  

You are never going to get a half a pick per game from a QB like Allen.  Mahomes isnt even doing that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Southern_Bills said:

I guess, it wasn't their best but I think alot of people are discounting the fact that the Chargers are a talented football team.

Fired their coach/GM and the team played probably their best game of the year, everyone of them know their job is on the line.

Could have Buffalo played better? Obviously. 

They played better than most thought, we played worse than most thought.  Thankfully we pulled it out.

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The reality is we were lucky yesterday.  Josh was bad Josh until the last drive.  Cook had a pivotal fumble.  The defense let a guy with no experience in the league almost win the game for the Bolts.  The only guy that played really well was Oliver.  

Just admit they sucked yesterday and got lucky.  They won’t be that bad every game; I suspect they’ll squish the Fish like Josh always does.  But they sucked yesterday and have too many times this year against inferior competition and that’s why they’re in the position they’re in.

I guess you're new to NFL.

This happens to good teams every season, it's about grinding/finding a way to win.

The W counts the same.

Why does anyone have to admit anything?

You're being over the top and LAMP

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Get it?  😂 

You and Dion Dawkins plowing some snow tonight then?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.