Week 15 Buy, Sell, Hold

boyst

Back home for Dallas. Same thread as always. Pick a player who you want to buy stock in, someone you want to sell, someone you want to hold. It is all arbitrary. It is like a stock market penny stock, if you will. There is no penalty. You do not have to be consistent. You can sell while you think the player is as high of value as they come, you can sell because you think it's time to bail out. You can buy because you think they will have a big week or you can simply buy because you like the way they look in their uniform.

You can pick a player, coach, unit, team, anything you really want to pick in your choices is fair game.

Buy: The OL. They got drug a little too much against KC. Josh held the ball a little too much. I think they're still one of our best units in a long time.

Sell: Kincaid. I think his value is high right now and I want to sell while high heading into Dallas with Knox back and the likelihood (and hope) that we go to our WR's this week.

Hold: Special Teams. I want to just hold my breath and hope we can survive this area of the game for the remainder of the season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Buy: Shakir - we need all the help we can get against the Dallas pass rush, so wouldn't be surprised if we try and spread them out. He may be a low cost secret weapon pickup that can work short/intermediate routes and help move the chains, assuming he can get some snaps (happy to trade out some of Gabe's snaps if need be!).

Sell: Cook - at least if we're talking about being lined up in the backfield. Clearly the Bills are concerned about his protection abilities, so he may be a liablity in that sense given the Cowboy's rush. Per the above noted under Shakir, maybe we see him lined up more in the slot or out wide to help spread the field with Murray/Johnson staying in the backfield to help protect?

Hold: Von - a week ago, I would probably have been ready to bail on him given both his on field performance and off the field issues, but he flashed just enough at the end of the Chiefs game where I want to see if he can build on it

• Vomit 1

Buy: The Bills run game. Give me Josh/Cook/Murray/Johnson against this Dallas defense. The Cowboys are 5th against the pass, but 13th against the run. Keeping their offense off of the field and methodically wearing down their defense needs to happen. I also feel like there will be at least a handful of scripted runs for Josh this week. I'm thinking around 5 and this doesn't count the times he's going to take off because he sees a lane.  I think we'll have 150yds or more on the ground. I also think the use of the run game, if effective like I think it will be, is going to open up a couple of shots down field this week we take advantage of. 

Sell: The Bills pass rush. The Cowboys OL is at full strength and they are top 5 in the league. I feel like our front four is going to have trouble getting after Dak, unless McDermott actually schemes up some creative stunts and blitz packages. I still don't like our prospects here. 

Hold: Stefon Diggs. People out here trying to write Diggs off, but I think this week he reminds everyone who he is. Bland is a ball hawk and Diggs loves to lull guys to sleep. I expect a couple of wink-and-nods between him and Josh where you see a double-move for big gains. 

• Agree 1

Buy - team chemistry.  Have they turned a corner and are all pulling in the same direction?  winning  a late game against a hard opponent could be a leading indicator

Sell - Kincaid. Dont get me wrong, I think he's great, but it feels like Allen's default is to look for knox in difficult situations.  We may just see more 12 sets where Knox can help against the Dallas pass rush

Hold - Miller.  I did feel like he flashed a little at the end of the game.  this might be a good time for him to turn it up!

Buy - "I'm Rick" James Cook ",BIATCH!".  Still a good value, especially since Brady benched him for most of the 3rd and 4th QTR against KC.  Hopefully Brady learned from his mistake.  This baby is priced to move and has tremendous upside.

Sell - Gabe "Dropthis" Davis.  He's been goose-egged three out of the last four games, and that trend will only continue.  I'm taking a loss here, but sometimes you just need to know when to pull the ripcord.

Hold - Tyler Bass "o-Matic".  He's weathered the storm, and is rounding back into form.  He won the KC game with that clutch FG under 2 minutes.  This stock is worth keeping in your portfolio.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Buy - Brady/OC. New wrinkles coming in the O and everyone is going to be estatic about his game plan for Dallas. 

Sell - Knox is going to give us some

drops this game that will hurt us big. 

Hold - McDermott’s defense. He played very aggressive against Mahomes and will be just as aggressive against Dak. Those articles pissed him off. 

Buy - Spencer Brown a matador outfit because when Micah Parsons comes around the edge he's going to be like "olé!"

Hold - Parsons because otherwise we can't block him

With all of the talk about Dak, I think the real MVP of that team is Parsons. Hopefully Josh can step up in the pocket and avoid the rush.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Buy - Spencer Brown a matador outfit because when Micah Parsons comes around the edge he's going to be like "olé!"

Hold - Parsons because otherwise we can't block him

With all of the talk about Dak, I think the real MVP of that team is Parsons. Hopefully Josh can step up in the pocket and avoid the rush.

Good point. Parsons rushes from the right and Josh does a good job stepping around it from that direction. 

But this is my biggest matchup for this game. Hopefully Knox just stays on the line and shadows Parsons wherever he goes for the double team. 

On 12/13/2023 at 3:44 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

Buy - "I'm Rick" James Cook ",BIATCH!".  Still a good value, especially since Brady benched him for most of the 3rd and 4th QTR against KC.  Hopefully Brady learned from his mistake.  This baby is priced to move and has tremendous upside.

Sell - Gabe "Dropthis" Davis.  He's been goose-egged three out of the last four games, and that trend will only continue.  I'm taking a loss here, but sometimes you just need to know when to pull the ripcord.

Hold - Tyler Bass "o-Matic".  He's weathered the storm, and is rounding back into form.  He won the KC game with that clutch FG under 2 minutes.  This stock is worth keeping in your portfolio.

Nice call here Freddie!

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.