The Bottom Line IS The Players !!

T master

It all comes down to the players - The Players . 

I didn't see McD miss 1 kick - drop one pass - run a bad route, miss a interception, miss a battled ball, or throw a bad pass but the players did !! 

Then add on top of that all the penalties . In the first half was like 9 penalties (what was the over all total) that is also another not McD thing he's not the one making or telling these players to hold or jumped we know they can do it they've played clean before .

If Bass hits both of those field goals its a different game - If Cook catches that pass in the FIRST quarter with nothing but green grass in front of him different game - If Gabe runs or Josh Throws the right route in the forth quarter different game that in and of it's self is 20 points right ? And that's individually not the total of points missed .

At the end of the day in total points being 20 (Missed) + 34 (Made) = 54 = Bills Win !! Even in  any of the short comings as far as 20 seconds at the end of the half even though that should have happened it did't lose the game for them .

In a game like this one against a team like the Eagles given their strengths the Bills need to play mistake free football and they didn't !! No matter what is taught or gone over during the week of practice if the players don't make it happen how does the HC change that ?

Fines, push ups, run around the track 5 times, clean the toilets What ?? OR are you the guy/HC that just jumps their ass - but you can't do that today can you that's just inappropriate !! 

There are a bunch of those here that constantly call for McD's head and feel justified in doing so & will probably have some responses that say as much but you can call a perfect game but if the players miss plays it's on them . 

What was the 1 - ONE,  legit HC ing decision or call in the Eagles game that McD specifically did or made that was the sole reason the Bills lost the game yesterday ?

If there is 1 solitary thing he did or even better multiple decisions he made that directly caused the loss then i will be with you to get rid of him . But given the outcome & what i've put down as far as mistakes that did lose the game those are ALL on the players it all comes down to them and That is the bottom line ...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 4
  • Dislike 4

1 minute ago, T master said:

I didn't see McD miss 1 kick - drop one pass - run a bad route, miss a interception, miss a battled ball, or throw a bad pass but the players did !! 

Then add on top of that all the penalties . In the first half was like 9 penalties (what was the over all total) that is also another not McD thing he's not the one making or telling these players to hold or jumped we know they can do it they've played clean before .

If Bass hits both of those field goals its a different game - If Cook catches that pass in the FIRST quarter with nothing but green grass in front of him different game - If Gabe runs or Josh Throws the right route in the forth quarter different game that in and of it's self is 20 points right ? And that's individually not the total of points missed .

At the end of the day in total points being 20 (Missed) + 34 (Made) = 54 = Bills Win !! Even in  any of the short comings as far as 20 seconds at the end of the half even though that should have happened it did't lose the game for them .

In a game like this one against a team like the Eagles given their strengths the Bills need to play mistake free football and they didn't !! No matter what is taught or gone over during the week of practice if the players don't make it happen how does the HC change that ?

Fines, push ups, run around the track 5 times, clean the toilets What ?? OR are you the guy/HC that just jumps their ass - but you can't do that today can you that's just inappropriate !! 

There are a bunch of those here that constantly call for McD's head and feel justified in doing so & will probably have some responses that say as much but you can call a perfect game but if the players miss plays it's on them . 

What was the 1 - ONE,  legit HC ing decision or call in the Eagles game that McD specifically did or made that was the sole reason the Bills lost the game yesterday ?

If there is 1 solitary thing he did or even better multiple decisions he made that directly caused the loss then i will be with you to get rid of him . But given the outcome & what i've put down as far as mistakes that did lose the game those are ALL on the players it all comes down to them and That is the bottom line ...

Ok Mrs. McDermott...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Yes I agree but the Buffalo Bills players can’t overcome the coaching mistakes on almost a weekly basis now. Also Sean McDermott helped make the player decisions the Bills bought in on the roster so there is no way Sean McDermott should be here next season. Sean McDermott let go everyone else but himself no playoffs this season he should be fired in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

My retort to this was that 3 weeks ago Ken Dorsey was here and people like yourself we're making the same excuses for him. Well Dorsey isn't the one dropping passes, and Dorsey isn't the one turning the ball over, or allowing sacks. Two weeks later after being fired, the Bills have put up 32 and 34 points on two of the best defenses in the NFL. 

You could argue it was Dorsey's scheme and you could be right. It also could be that the coaches messages have gotten stale. That the team no longer believes in him which is leading to mental lapses when things don't go according to plan. I honestly think we have reached our mountain top with him and need another guy to take us over the top. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Drew21PA said:

Dang where do you all come from?

you’re not watching the same thing I am

if you are you aren’t sure what your are seeing and it’s ok

Idk what you're watching but I agree with the main post. Play calling was fine and it wasn't McD fault. Yes there were some places where I probably would've gone with a different defense set up but other than that, OC play calling was good and it came down to some bad plays by the players and the refs brutally destroying us. No team in the NFL gets through a game with perfect play calling and perfect calls by the head coach. Crazy that people are blaming McD for the loss yesterday. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, T master said:

Sure - one game sure - but this isn’t the first failure - it’s over and over 

McD should have been fired after the 13 seconds to fail game

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

cool, ill bite. 

Yet again, mcdork gives the opposing team a free time out with the clock running during a mayday situation where the FG kicker and special teams have to RUSH onto the field and execute in a hurry up manner. 

This particular inexcusable time out was the aforementioned situation PLUS 60 EFFING YARDS ON WET GRASS. 

instead, mcdipshit decides to let them casually setup and because this franchise is wretched and cursed, of COURSE dude makes it with a linedrive curveball through the uprights. 

bills lose, in horrific fashion, for the 11th time during such circumstances under mcdermotts reign of ######ation. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

OP you are partially correct. McD called a good game in the first half. He even called a good D on the prayer that Hurts threw up and was caught for a TD. McD can't be faulted for Hyde and Poer not making the play. 

However the pattern is there and has been there for years. Even when healthy this defense got beat by the best QBs. Mcd pads his stats against garbage QBs and fails in the critical moments.

Offense put up 30+ on a top defense, in bad weather, on the road.

Our HC is a defensive guy, who is responsible for us allocating a ton on defense to get him a top tier DL and veterans on the back end that he wanted. 

Time and time again, the defense fails in big games, big moments and late game situations.  

We've sacrificed talent around Allen to fortify the defense.  We sacrificed signing a guy like Hopkins for Floyd and Poyer.  The defense lets us down time and time again.   

Our defensive minded HC lets us down, time and time again.   Season to season, ever since 13 seconds.  He's a choke artist who needs elite talent all over the field on defense, otherwise he can't overcome despite his background.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

cool, ill bite. 

Yet again, mcdork gives the opposing team a free time out with the clock running during a mayday situation where the FG kicker and special teams have to RUSH onto the field and execute in a hurry up manner.  

I agree that he should have saved the TOs for the 20 second run, but, the clock was stopped before that 59 yard FG because of a Philly incomplete pass, so Philly's FG unit did not have to do a Chinese Fire drill like in the Denver game.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

cool, ill bite. 

This particular inexcusable time out was the aforementioned situation PLUS 60 EFFING YARDS ON WET GRASS. 

instead, mcdipshit decides to let them casually setup and because this franchise is wretched and cursed, of COURSE dude makes it with a linedrive curveball through the uprights. 

bills lose, in horrific fashion, for the 11th time during such circumstances under mcdermotts reign of ######ation. 

If you're talking about he FG at the end, believe the clock was already stopped.

While I'm not absolving McD of all the issues, posts like this are comical in that people who call themselves fans and post all these facts, didn't even know the clock was stopped.

Do wonder about all the holding calls on both offense and defense.  Some of them by all players not just the Bills are so obvious, why are they doing it.  Is it that the players all know, officials allow holding, but just never sure how far they will allow it.  And varies so much from crew to crew and even play to play as to what the allowed level is at the moment.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I agree that he should have saved the TOs for the 20 second run, but, the clock was stopped before that 59 yard FG because of a Philly incomplete pass, so Philly's FG unit did not have to do a Chinese Fire drill like in the Denver game.

he did call another time out in an inopprtune time... and at this point, dont all the blunders just bleed together? 

Edited by DeltaDigital
  • Eyeroll 1

Sure the players have blame to carry as well. 

but a player error is common and something that has to be accounted for many times a game. 

McDermotts job is to put these players in a position to succeed and minimize those player errors. 

His mentality during these close games does the opposite. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

If you're talking about he FG at the end, believe the clock was already stopped.

Do wonder about all the holding calls on both offense and defense.  Some of them by all players not just the Bills are so obvious, why are they doing it.  Is it that the players all know, officials allow holding, but just never sure how far they will allow it.  And varies so much from crew to crew and even play to play as to what the allowed level is at the moment.

ah, i stand corrected, but WHY give him another 30 seconds to get his head straight. so dumb. 

• Disagree 1

43 minutes ago, T master said:

Funny because the one consistent thing since McDermott came here is finding ways to lose to matter who the players are and he’s had some talented rosters. If you think this is a 1 year thing you are seriously blind. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

ah, i stand corrected, but WHY give him another 30 seconds to get his head straight. so dumb. 

Yeah but look at what happened in the Denver game.  Watched another game over the weekend, (may have been a college game) team lined up for FG just before ball was snapped, TO called, still snapped the ball kicker kicked it and made FG for practice.  Now kicks the 2nd one for real and misses so never know.  Granted in this case TO was called way prior.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

It was absolutely a scrambly setup still. Last play of the game FGs are almost always preceded by timeouts, so it's rare for them to have to run out and kick it in the 35 seconds of a play clock. Not a true "mayday," but the time McD gave them to settle and focus was unfathomably foolish.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.