Buffalo @ Philadelphia Game Thread - 2nd half

Simon

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Two missed kicks were on the coach?   This defense, when healthy, shuts teams down.  He designs the defense to protect them when they are injury depleted.  His veteran Hyde and Poyer let him down....again.   When are the players going to get held accountable.?

It's McDermott going into soft shells when the game calls for tighter and more aggression.....McDermott totally 💩 s his pants in tight games and is deathly afraid of the big play he will allow death by 1000 cuts

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, VW82 said:

We could run the table and make it but we won't. We find ways to lose games.

Hyde and Poyer are old. Diggs is getting old. Tre and Von are huge cap hits. Milano is a question mark. 

This team needs a year to collect assets/talent while we wait for an opportunity to clean up the cap and try to build out another team for Josh. 

We can even address coaching if we give it a year.

Agreed but it can’t be with McDermott. It should be more than blatantly obvious to anybody he should be fired. It all came to a head now. Over and over again his defense cannot get a stop in a big moment. That’s all that needs to be said. We are not going anywhere further with him

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Billever76 said:

It's McDermott going into soft shells when the game calls for tighter and more aggression.....McDermott totally 💩 s his pants in tight games and is deathly afraid of the big play he will allow death by 1000 cuts

So all the mistakes and errors by the players to put them in the dire end of game situation are forgiven?  The passive defense philosophy was known when he was a DC.   It is what it is.   This game was a defeat torn from the jaws of victory.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Two missed kicks were on the coach?   This defense, when healthy, shuts teams down.  He designs the defense to protect them when they are injury depleted.  His veteran Hyde and Poyer let him down....again.   When are the players going to get held accountable.?

Until we need a stop and then they can’t stop *****. The reason Hyde and Poyer are still on the team is because McD can’t let go of aging vets. 

3 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Agreed but it can’t be with McDermott. It should be more than blatantly obvious to anybody he should be fired. It all came to a head now. Over and over again his defense cannot get a stop in a big moment. That’s all that needs to be said. We are not going anywhere further with him

He just did a big extension so like it or not he's going to be around for another year and probably two. But after years of being a McD apologist, I'm finally on board with moving on. 

8 minutes ago, Hawaii50 said:

I’ll put a good chunk on the Refs!  More on McD though.

Refs didn't help for sure, but the offense left the field with the lead, under 2 minutes then again in OT, its about incompetent coaching, like always. Soft zones, not to lose etc

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Nitro said:

So all the mistakes and errors by the players to put them in the dire end of game situation are forgiven?  The passive defense philosophy was known when he was a DC.   It is what it is.   This game was a defeat torn from the jaws of victory.  

The passive defensive philosophy should have burned us for the last time....I mean 13s should have been the end of this catastrophe 

Final say on the roster is on the GM.

Lol ok...everyone knows mcd is the czar around here

1 minute ago, Billever76 said:

The passive defensive philosophy should have burned us for the last time....I mean 13s should have been the end of this catastrophe 

Lol ok...everyone knows mcd is the czar around here

Wrong.    Beane has the final say.  You believe what you want.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Did you watch the game?   The drop by Cook that was a TD.  Two missed kicks.  Allen's INT.   Those are not on the coach.  That is on the players.

Good lord just stop. The offense left the field with the lead under 2 minutes then again in OT. And the DEFENSIVE coach, who calls the DEFENSIVE plays, blew it, TWICE 

13 minutes ago, Nitro said:

McD burner account?

Edited by Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Nitro said:

Wrong.    Beane has the final say.  You believe what you want.

Bean and McDermott are one...they are both in solidarity with eachother..McDermott brought bean here from carolina....bean won't go against McDermott but if McDermott seat gets hot enough he will throw bean under the bus not a doubt in my mind

7 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Did you watch the game?   The drop by Cook that was a TD.  Two missed kicks.  Allen's INT.   Those are not on the coach.  That is on the players.

That’s stuff that happens every game, it’s hard to play perfect football. We were in position to win and our D never made a stop at the end. After scoring a FG in OT the let in TD. That’s terrible. Bills should have been in 4 down situation once they got close in OT. ***** terrible

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, finn said:

McDermott is just not head coach material. I'm not sure I'd want him as defensive coordinator, either. His soft defense when the game is on the line disgusts me. He plays not to lose. He's a weak man, terrified people will realize he's a fraud. 

Sean McJauron in full display today 

1 minute ago, cgg716 said:

Good lord just stop. The offense left the field with the lead under 2 minutes then again in OT. And the DEFENSIVE coach, who calls the DEFENSIVE plays, blew it, TWICE 

You stop.   Look at the plays.   Defense held the Eagles out of what was assumed FG range.  The kicker nails a 59 yarder.   Bass missed two.  That is the game. 

You stop.   Look at the plays.   Defense held the Eagles out of what was assumed FG range.  The kicker nails a 59 yarder.   Bass missed two.  That is the game. 

Patriots game. Broncos game. Eagles game.  Jax game.  4 games where our D had the chance to make a stop to win the game and DIDNT

• Agree 1

Just now, Nitro said:

Coach let them into the 59 yard fg with his usual soft zone. Defense called by the genius also allowed a 3rd and 15 to be a td, look at that play. And the number of 3rd and longs we've given up through the years is astonishing.

1 minute ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

Patriots game. Broncos game. Eagles game.  Jax game.  4 games where our D had the chance to make a stop to win the game and DIDNT

Only game will on the defense is the Denver game.  Offense played putrid football in NE.

6 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Every play.   Players were put in position to make plays.  They did not.  Eagles are the best team in the NFL for a reason.  

What did you think of the genius calling a TO to give their kicker a chance to compose himself on the 59 yarder?

That was mighty nice of him, I thought. Sporting even.

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:
12 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

Only game will on the defense is the Denver game.  Offense played putrid football in NE.

reread inital comment which was about how the defense fell apart at the end of those games.  which they did.  especially against Mac Jones and the PUTRID pats offense. 2-9 lost to the giants today. total joke

Edited by Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin

7 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

No i meant where our defense became a nonfactor and let eagles impose their will

They shut down the WRs except Smith.   Hurts extended drives with his legs.  He is like Allen in that manner.   They gave up the short stuff in the game tying drive.  That is his philosophy which is maddening.  Not a fan either.  My point is that the mistakes earlier compounded to an inevitable defeat. I called this defeat early on when Cooks had the drop.  This team leaves too many points on the field. 

3 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

reread inital comment which was about how the defense fell apart at the end of those games.  which they did.  especially against Mac Jones and the PUTRID pats offense. 2-9 lost to the giants today. total joke

The NE game a swing pass where the defender fell down led to a 35 yard run.  That happens.  Teams will take what you give as a defense.   The Bills were not good, talent wise, in the secondary for the Bills in that game.  You want to blame the coach for everything go for it.   Fire McD and you will go back to the drawing board.  

• Vomit 1

They shut down the WRs except Smith.   Hurts extended drives with his legs.  He is like Allen in that manner.   They gave up the short stuff in the game tying drive.  That is his philosophy which is maddening.  Not a fan either.  My point is that the mistakes earlier compounded to an inevitable defeat. I called this defeat early on when Cooks had the drop.  This team leaves too many points on the field. 

Offense still managed to put up 34.  Its on McD.  

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

Coach let them into the 59 yard fg with his usual soft zone. Defense called by the genius also allowed a 3rd and 15 to be a td, look at that play. And the number of 3rd and longs we've given up through the years is astonishing.

…and called TO so kicker didn’t have to hurry to make kick.  Gave him plenty of time to set up and do his best!

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Nitro said:

My brother. No team plays the PERFECT football game. At the end of the day, the Bills offense, despite the errors, put up 34 points of offense and gave McDummy’s defense TWO opportunities to win the game.  And much like every other time McDummy’s crew has been tasked to protect a lead, they failed.  At some point, that 0-6 record in OT needs to fall on the head coach. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

And if they win the coin toss and score a TD would you wish you had a chance with 20sec and 3 timeouts?

***** YES, you don’t coach to not lose, you had a chance w 20’secs to move the ball to make a field goal, considering your entire career is judge by a 13 second failure in the same scenario, how do you NOT TRY!?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DCofNC said:

***** YES, you don’t coach to not lose, you had a chance w 20’secs to move the ball to make a field goal, considering your entire career is judge by a 13 second failure in the same scenario, how do you NOT TRY!?

Josh Allen has LITERALLY marched a team into field goal position in 20 seconds. Last year against Detroit. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Heels20X6 said:

My brother. No team plays the PERFECT football game. At the end of the day, the Bills offense, despite the errors, put up 34 points of offense and gave McDummy’s defense TWO opportunities to win the game.  And much like every other time McDummy’s crew has been tasked to protect a lead, they failed.  At some point, that 0-6 record in OT needs to fall on the head coach. 

I would continue to chat on this but calling him McDummy stops me cold.   I actually not a fan of him or his defense.  I look to be fair.  

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Bean and McDermott are one...they are both in solidarity with eachother..McDermott brought bean here from carolina....bean won't go against McDermott but if McDermott seat gets hot enough he will throw bean under the bus not a doubt in my mind

False, McD came first and Beane came after, both have been mediocre at best, aside from Josh Allen saving their ass.  I guarantee you McD lost the team tonight, he wouldn’t give THE captain a chance to win, he screwed the team.  Oh and Davis should 1000% be sent to inactive status for the remainder of the year.

2 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

Josh Allen has LITERALLY marched a team into field goal position in 20 seconds. Last year against Detroit. 

No *****, which is why this was the most ball-less call ever, he’s a GARBAGE HC 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Nitro said:

The NE game a swing pass where the defender fell down led to a 35 yard run.  That happens.  Teams will take what you give as a defense.   The Bills were not good, talent wise, in the secondary for the Bills in that game.  You want to blame the coach for everything go for it.   Fire McD and you will go back to the drawing board.  

Go back to the drawing board?  We have Josh Allen and his talent is being wasted by McD's awful decisions.  We've gotten out coached out of at least two super bowls at already.  

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.