49er @ Seahawks Thursday 8pm NBC

HOUSE

5 minutes ago, Lost said:

Do theyvuse different balls for kicks?  Those things look all shiny and slick not the mudded up balls the QBs use

I believe so - I think I’ve read somewhere before that they have a batch of balls specifically for kickoffs, FGs and punts 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Purdy is a touch timing passer.

He throws to a spot before the receiver makes his break. The receiver runs to the ball that's already in the air.

I wish Josh could do that

One of the most beautiful things was the Montana-to-Rice timing pattern.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

To me San Fransisco is the best team in football.  They have 10 days to get ready for a trip to philly.  

I imagine after that they are going to have an open road to the 1 seed after Dallas beats the eagles in arlington December 10th.

If healthy I am not sure how anyone beats the niners team.  They always have injuries though.

• Agree 4

7 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

To me San Fransisco is the best team in football.  They have 10 days to get ready for a trip to philly.  

I imagine after that they are going to have an open road to the 1 seed after Dallas beats the eagles in arlington December 10th.

If healthy I am not sure how anyone beats the niners team.  They always have injuries though.

When we beat Philly and they likely drop to the 9ers, you’re absolutely right it’s a clear path unless they both stumble and Dallas finishes strong. 

Either way that NFC is a three team race at best. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

It's amazing the 49ers are this good when they lit three first round picks on fire.

It is incredible. Trading up to pick Lance and then trading him for nothing because the last pick in the draft becomes your franchise QB. Sometimes it's wonderful to be lucky. 

50 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Why didn’t we trade for CMC again?

Pry because he would of tripped over a rubber mat at Saint John Fisher and messed up his knee.

2 minutes ago, gomper said:

It is incredible. Trading up to pick Lance and then trading him for nothing because the last pick in the draft becomes your franchise QB. Sometimes it's wonderful to be lucky. 

I'm pretty sure Kyle Shanahan could make Josh Rosen look like an all pro.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

When we beat Philly and they likely drop to the 9ers, you’re absolutely right it’s a clear path unless they both stumble and Dallas finishes strong. 

if buffalo beats philly they are looking at a  possible 3 game losing streak and will become a wild card team.  Dallas are a bunch of homers, they just went on a run beating up on bad teams at home vs the rams, giants and washington and struggling through a road game at carolina.  They have trips to buffalo and miami and a home game vs detroit.  As good as dallas looks, if they were to lose to seattle next week they could be set up for a slide.

I think Dallas wins the divsion and beats philly but I also think they could lose at buffalo and vs detroit.  I do believe Dallas beats philly and Miami though.  Dallas has a payback game setup for fangio after the game vs denver a few years ago.  He literally called out Dak as unable to read coverages.  

anyway.  SF as the 1 seed and healthy seem impossible to beat.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's amazing the 49ers are this good when they lit three first round picks on fire.

Do you feel it’s good coaching? A weak conference? Or both?

I still feel they’re a strong team regardless that the NFC is pretty whack from yesteryears but it certainly helps. 

Just now, BBFL said:

I still feel they’re a strong team regardless that the NFC is pretty whack from yesteryears but it certainly helps. 

The conference is weak but SF, Philly and Dallas are all outstanding on the line of scrimmage.   That is how they win.  Dallas today looked like they were running 7 on 7 drills.  It was a joke.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

The conference is weak but SF, Philly and Dallas are all outstanding on the line of scrimmage.   That is how they win.  Dallas today looked like they were running 7 on 7 drills.  It was a joke.  

Someone quoted about old school smash mouth football slowly making a return. Now I don’t know if that happens a la the run game being the be all end all like previous but physicality has and always win you a game, especially a close one. Need to make that the priority and target each and every year going forward for Josh and the offense. 

Oh my word. What a catch by the rookie!

🫨

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

This rivalry has swung dramatically over the last couple of seasons.  Seattle used to have San Fran’s number.

Those Harbaugh/Carroll games were legit bro. Always a highlight for a football fan during those years…

That 9er D was just as good as the L.o.B.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BBFL said:

As the resident guy on the board that gets accused of pumping up the Niners too much and has a lot of money on them to win it all, It’s having an offensive mind light years ahead of anyone else plus the best roster in football. How good is the roster? They blew 3 1st round picks and can still get to the nfc title game every year. Shanahan has no equal. 

41 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

They didn’t know it. They took a risk and it worked out.

Actually they did know. CMC dad played for Shanahans dad. Their families are close. The injuries were overblown. He shut it down early on some bad panthers teams. The Niners knew what they were getting and essentially traded for the best weapon in football for pennies on the dollar. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.