Its official. Oakland A's to Vegas

Gregg

Schools over stadiums lawsuit seems to be the only chance left.  As an A's fan for 35 years, this sucks.  Taking one of the oldest franchises with over 55 years in a huge market to one of the smallest markets in the league.  Makes no sense.  Such a greedy POS. 

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark80 said:

Schools over stadiums lawsuit seems to be the only chance left.  As an A's fan for 35 years, this sucks.  Taking one of the oldest franchises with over 55 years in a huge market to one of the smallest markets in the league.  Makes no sense.  Such a greedy POS. 

I totally agree as a fellow A's fan I don't like it and no matter what the Vegas teams calls itself I can't bring myself to root for it. Guess I might move on to being a Blue Jays fan. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Well... They did move from Philadelphia first to Kansas City, then Oakland.  They did spend almost just as much time in Philly as Oakland.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.  

8 minutes ago, Draconator said:

There is so much baseball history in Oakland. But the greedy John Fisher and the rest of MLB don't care about history. Good luck in Vegas. You're going to need it. 

9 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Wow. Oakland hemorrhaging another sports franchise. 

That's how it works in declining areas that at one time may have hemorrhaged from other areas.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Don't worry... They will be gifted a WorldSeries in under 5 years.   At least Buffalo teams never moved. Is it better to be left hanging on a leash or move?

Thank God we have an international border w/Toronto or we'd go the way of the dodo 🦤 Oakland teams in the BayArea!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Let's see if they can get that retractable roof stadium built on 9 acres. My money is on no. 

They better have a roof. Could you imagine playing baseball outside in Vegas from June thru mid-September. 

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

There is so much baseball history in Oakland. But the greedy John Fisher and the rest of MLB don't care about history. Good luck in Vegas. You're going to need it. 

Great fans and history….agreed……but Oakland itself isn’t what it once was.  And that stadium……..yikes.  Not saying greed isn’t part of this mix, but it’s not all greed.

51 minutes ago, Gregg said:

They better have a roof. Could you imagine playing baseball outside in Vegas from June thru mid-September. 

A strong possibility exists that the A's could move for 2024, playing outdoors in their Tripple A stadium until the new stadium is built. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

The City of Oakland and The A's were super close to a new stadium being built on the Pier in Downtown Oakland. Then at the last minute, the A's backed out and said the city was giving no financial aid. Total lies by the A's. 

I believe the mayor said today that they have $938m to fund their part

• Like (+1) 1