What is on Your Menu for Monday Night’s Broncos Game — I have had it & Refuse to Eat Horse

HIT BY SPIKES

HORSE MEAT WITH MUSTARD AND THYME

The summer always brings with it the irresistible urge to spend time outdoors, especially during the evening hours, when the desire to relax combines with the colours of twilight - a moment to inspire cooks’ imagination, and inspiring new meals with which to impress their guests. So, to celebrate a lovely evening with friends why not make horse meat steak, a recipe rich in delicious and inviting aromas and with an excellent, lively taste? Bear in mind that you can accompany this meat dish with a light side salad, ideal for balancing a heavy meat such as horse. Follow our recipe: step-by-step you will make a delicious meal!

https://myitalian.recipes/recipe/horse-meat-with-mustard-and-thyme

On 11/8/2023 at 2:04 AM, Turk71 said:

Have you really eaten horsemeat?

I'm thinking/hoping this game will be a reprieve.

On 11/8/2023 at 7:31 AM, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Yup.

A couple of times when I was young. 

I don't like it.

Very grainy and chewy.

I prefer moose and my late Father shot a few of them so I ate it often as I was growing up.

After he had not shot a moose in a number of years, a cousin tried to pass off horse as moose to her guests by saying it was the moose my Father shot..

We will remember.

Never again.

Peasant!!!

I've eaten horse meat three or four times.  Once in the States and the other times when visiting family in France.

In the States, the meat was tough and chew - terrible.  I imagine the source was some old nag that would have otherwise been sent to the glue factory.

The horse meat I had in France was more tender than most cuts of beefsteak.  And similarly delicious.  

I like horses so I'll never eat horsemeat again but, I have to confess, I enjoyed it when it was served to me.  

• Like (+1) 1

Pork buns with shrimp fried rice, and a beer 🍺 with dinner,  then later a sipping whiskey or two 🥃

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/9/2023 at 9:35 AM, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Going in for another bowl of that Broccoli & Cheese Soup.

Wish me well...

An absolute classic video.  Remember my dad showing this to my brothers back in the early days of youtube...

steak sandwiches for the wife and I.  Maybe a fresh labatt for the game if things are going well, maybe a dozen if things aren't

2 hours ago, Cray51 said:

An absolute classic video.  Remember my dad showing this to my brothers back in the early days of youtube...

steak sandwiches for the wife and I.  Maybe a fresh labatt for the game if things are going well, maybe a dozen if things aren't

A very very funny video if you are into farting as I am.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.