Bills vs Broncos-Monday Night Football

BuffaloBillyG

10 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

We live in such a weird world-everyone on here is allowed to talk about the money these players make. However, because it’s so much money the players get criticized any time they talk about money, as if it’s supposed to be this taboo thing now that they have it 

I think it's more about the timing. If Buffalo was sitting at 7-2 and Ed's talking about hitting incentives everything is cool. Sitting at 5-4, underachieving what a lot though they would be and general uncertainty heading into the rest of the year...yeah don't really want to hear about how much more money he stands to gain with a few more sacks. 

Especially coming off a losing effort a couple days before he made the statement. Credit for the openness and honesty answering...but Ed needs to read the room.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think there is a switch.  I think that insinuates that we’ve already figured it out, we just have to apply it  I don’t think that they have figured it out.  There is no switch to flip.  Just put in the hard work and hope to find gold.  They better find it soon

I am not disagreeing with you at all, but quite simply that's the ballad of the loser.

The simplest clichés hold true...good teams win games.  If they are not winning, they are not good. 

The "hard work" is easily equitable to Connery's ('The Rock") line of, "Your "best"?!  Losers whine about doing their best.  Winners go home and **** the prom queen."

They can do a ton of hard work and it may yield the exact same result: 4 whole games, even wins, of meh.

Let's hope something goes off with them or they find their way to the holy grail soon because we need Mr. Momentum to pop in and stay through Christmas. 

GO Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

If the Bills offense is similar to the Bucs with Brady, there should be no excuse why he doesn't play

I don’t think it is. Fournette said that the Bills passing scheme is the most complicated he has ever seen. All those choice routes require the pass catcher to read the defense, not just run a precise route. Also, contrary to popular belief in TBD, Hines was traded to the Bills on a Tuesday and played that Sunday against the Jets. Josh attempted a long pass to him on a wheel route that was incomplete. 

13 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Why would he start over Cook? Do you mean will he be active?

I've never paid a lot of attention to the terminology, but the question is, is he likely to play tonight?  Can't believe it's not worth putting him out there to take carries inside the 5 yard line.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

I don’t think it is. Fournette said that the Bills passing scheme is the most complicated he has ever seen. All those choice routes require the pass catcher to read the defense, not just run a precise route. Also, contrary to popular belief in TBD, Hines was traded to the Bills on a Tuesday and played that Sunday against the Jets. Josh attempted a long pass to him on a wheel route that was incomplete. 

then why does it look like a Vanilla offense most of the time???  

1 hour ago, Casey D said:

Do you wake up in the morning and say to yourself "now what can I post on TBD that will make folks just a little bit more unhappy ?"  Geez, try a little kindness to someone or something today.

Not really. Just expressing an opinion and calling it like I saw it.

Now, Let's Effing Go Bills! I would LOVE to see JA have a great game and the Bills blow the Broncos out of the building.

Btw, for those who don't know, Sirius now has FOUR channels up playing Xmas music! 😉 You're welcome. 🎅🤶

• Like (+1) 1

My game prediction: Bills will win something like 24-17, and statistically it's going to look like a great game for the offense but it won't pass the eye test.

Then the chronically positive Bills fans and radio/podcast personalities will point to the stats and say "LOOK GUYS EVERYTHING IS FINE. CHECK OUT THE EPA, THE PASS OFFENSE IS ACTUALLY COMPLEX, NOT NEEDLESSLY CONFUSING TO THE PLAYERS". A lot of the criticism will calm down (undeservingly). 

The over/under on showing Josh Allen on the bench staring into the void is 3.5. I would take the over. 

(I really hope I'm wrong, and that the Bills wow everyone and this is the mid season turning point that we all want.  I'm just pessimistic about this coaching staff.)

Edited by Bruffalo

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

My game prediction: Bills will win something like 24-17, and statistically it's going to look like a great game for the offense but it won't pass the eye test.

Then the chronically positive Bills fans and radio/podcast personalities will point to the stats and say "LOOK GUYS EVERYTHING IS FINE. CHECK OUT THE EPA, THE PASS OFFENSE IS ACTUALLY COMPLEX, NOT NEEDLESSLY CONFUSING TO THE PLAYERS". A lot of the criticism will calm down (undeservingly). 

The over/under on showing Josh Allen on the bench staring into the void is 3.5. I would take the over. 

(I really hope I'm wrong, and that the Bills wow everyone and this is the mid season turning point that we all want.  I'm just pessimistic about this coaching staff.)

I think “not passing the eye test” means a very wide array of possibilities.

Are we talking an offense that has some punts, maybe even some 3-and-outs but we are still overall productive?

Or 3.9 YPC, a few turnovers, and presnap penalties while still speaking out a win. 

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I think “not passing the eye test” means a very wide array of possibilities.

Are we talking an offense that has some punts, maybe even some 3-and-outs but we are still overall productive?

Or 3.9 YPC, a few turnovers, and presnap penalties while still speaking out a win. 

To me, it would not insignificant amount of the game where the offense just goes dormant again. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think it's more about the timing. If Buffalo was sitting at 7-2 and Ed's talking about hitting incentives everything is cool. Sitting at 5-4, underachieving what a lot though they would be and general uncertainty heading into the rest of the year...yeah don't really want to hear about how much more money he stands to gain with a few more sacks. 

Especially coming off a losing effort a couple days before he made the statement. Credit for the openness and honesty answering...but Ed needs to read the room.

But he was answering a specific media question about his contract. He didn’t bring it up on his own. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.