The Bills are done, stick a fork in them

HopefulFuture

27 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The worst thing about being a contender is the bandwagon jumpers. they want perfection. anything else becomes reasoning to jump on the next bandwagon.

This has nothing to do with being a contender and everything to do with Buffalo and the Bills. It was like this even when we were sucking the hind tit year in and year out.  I knew this place would be in the deep crevice of a downward bipolar swing today. You can set your watch by it, truly remarkable.

I don't need anything perfect, just a punchers chance. I think we get the chance to take it, lot of football left.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HopefulFuture said:

Heard this before, post 94 season. 

These current Bills, a rough out in the playoffs? They aren't making the playoffs, they'll need a couple seasons to figure out the problem.

4+ seasons, same results, no championship, not even a championship game, moving backwards in the standings, actually becoming mediocre and eventually, back to irrelevant. 

Division titles, that's the Bills Super Bowl victories if your logic holds. Well good for you, you 4 AFC East Division Super Bowl wins in a row. The rest of the league in the meantime are making moves to improve their real Super Bowl chances.

But hey, we'll always have those Division Titles to cuddle up with on those cold, dark seasons done nights.

I would love to have you put up a grand to put some skin in the game and get you to root against the Bills, because you’re so sure they’re finished. Sadly, your thing is posting nasty, inflammatory remarks on the board to be outrageous. You’re just a simple troll with issues you can’t resolve in a normal way. When the team wins another division have the testicles to come back and look foolish. By the way, how many teams won the SB in the last 4 years? The answer is 3. 2 of them are fighting for last place in weak divisions and have had losing records since their SB  year. That leaves KC . Our record for the last 4 seasons is better than any other team in the AFC other than KC. Wait for the season to play out for all the other teams who are making moves, to crash and burn. 

We need to win the next 2 games to get to 7-4.  That's an absolute must.  Then we'll see what happens in the Eagles game before the bye.  If we can somehow pull the Eagles game out, going 8-4 into the bye is not a bad place at all.  If we're 7-5, we probably need to go 3-2 in the last 5 to make it into the playoffs at 10-7.  That means most likely beating New England, Miami, and 1 of the other 3 games against KC, Dallas and LAC.  I don't think that's unrealistic.

Everybody posting in this thread needs to go back and read the OP. Do this many Bills fans actually agree with trading Josh Allen for the Bears' two firsts and conducting a down-to-the-studs rebuild? One 6-point loss drove everyone to this level of insanity. Listen, I'm upset too. But that's just crazy talk and I have seen multiple people on here propose just this. People do know that most 1st round QBs actually bust, don't they?

11 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Everybody posting in this thread needs to go back and read the OP. Do this many Bills fans actually agree with trading Josh Allen for the Bears' two firsts and conducting a down-to-the-studs rebuild? One 6-point loss drove everyone to this level of insanity. Listen, I'm upset too. But that's just crazy talk and I have seen multiple people on here propose just this. People do know that most 1st round QBs actually bust, don't they?

Josh Allen is the Bills.  He isn’t going anywhere nor should he.  Getting rid of him is crazy talk.  He is a generational talent.  The head coach is not though.  Nothing special in the slightest about him. 

This season is on the brink.  We can rise and put together a great second half of the season, and look like the team we all hoped and thought we would be after beating Miami week 4.  Or we can act like a beaten bunch of ***** that have quit and look rudderless with no leadership.  

McDermott and the rest of the coaches future w the team should hinge on that.  

Just now, Paup 1995MVP said:

Josh Allen is the Bills.  He isn’t going anywhere nor should he.  Getting rid of him is crazy talk.  He is a generational talent.  The head coach is not though.  Nothing special in the slightest about him. 

This season is on the brink.  We can rise and put together a great second half of the season, and look like the team we all hoped and thought we would be after beating Miami week 4.  Or we can act like a beaten bunch of ***** that have quit and look rudderless with no leadership.  

McDermott and the rest of the coaches future w the team should hinge on that.  

I couldn't agree with all of this anymore if I tried. It's just that I think a lot of people read this thread title and assumed that the OP meant that the Bills are done for this season. No, he meant forever. 

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I couldn't agree with all of this anymore if I tried. It's just that I think a lot of people read this thread title and assumed that the OP meant that the Bills are done for this season. No, he meant forever. 

Agree.  I think most realistic fans knew last night was going to be a difficult task, but possible if Josh/offense carried the way.  

Fact is season isn't over, just that we're seeing some "key issues" / injuries that are mounting.  I put it at 50/50 we make the playoffs, just is what it is...frustrating, but it happens to good teams every year.

These next 2 games are the must wins, then another steep challenge with the Eagles.  We need to beat either: Eagles, Boys, Chiefs, or Dolphins...must-win: Broncos, Jets, Chargers, Pats

Getting 10 wins is a must, to have a shot for 7th seed.  I think it will take min 11 wins to win the division, if we beat Miami last week of season.  

I'll hold onto hope, until/if we lose a must win.  Then I'll start thinking more about big picture/future

This shouldn't even be a discussion.  JA is the most talented QB we ever have had.  He really is a generational talent.

As to to what this thread has become in terms of our prospects for this season, I am not optimistic about the remainder of the season.  The injuries keep piling up on defense and many of them are of the variety that will not allow the players to return this season (Milano, White and Jones).  Losing to the Pats and the Jets (with Wilson at QB) and what should have been a loss to the Giants informs my view.

12 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I didn't mean forever, nor did I state such. I meant both this season as well as the foreseeable future while this management team, coaching staff and current roster configuration remain.

There is nothing to indicate this organization will win a championship with the personnel up and down the hierarchy it has now. As a matter of actual fact, every indication is they will continue to fail.

Allen isn't on Mahomes or Burrow's level, but he's good enough to win.

We need better coaching & better weapons though. May as well stop wasting resources on RBs too, since we never use them anyway. 

Go all in on OL & WRs, then get a more competent offensive play caller. Defense is bipolar, but they held the Bengals to 3 points in the 2nd half, and that's with all the injuries to key players. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is what I would call a B or B+ organization. And what do I mean by this? It means that the Bills are the type of organization that the bad to mediocre teams wish they could be. like making the playoffs maybe winning a playoff game here or there but not what the real Super Bowl contenders or elite teams want anything to do with.

Edited by Yawning Frog

Watching the game last night, I kept thinking that this version of the Bills looks burned out. It's written on their faces and in their energy. They have the look of a fighter that knows they have lost the fight and are just trying to not get knocked out. Even McDermott looks completely burned out. 

This roster needs a reset. And I think you've got to strongly consider bringing in an offensive head coach with a new staff that can potentially maximize Josh Allen's talent. New energy, new team, new belief that they can win. If they're lucky, they can flip the roster in 2 years and have a new window open in 3 years. Because I think Josh Allen has 3–5 years left. And with his style of play, I fear that it's probably closer to 3 years before his physical tools really decline. 

55 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I think most fans reading this thread know that trading away Allen is crazy. That’s just frustration talking from the op and I get that. There are problems with this team, including its qb. But you’re not trading away a franchise qb just because a championship hasn’t been accomplished. You continue to build around him and hope for the best. 

3 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

I would love to have you put up a grand to put some skin in the game and get you to root against the Bills, because you’re so sure they’re finished. Sadly, your thing is posting nasty, inflammatory remarks on the board to be outrageous. You’re just a simple troll with issues you can’t resolve in a normal way. When the team wins another division have the testicles to come back and look foolish. By the way, how many teams won the SB in the last 4 years? The answer is 3. 2 of them are fighting for last place in weak divisions and have had losing records since their SB  year. That leaves KC . Our record for the last 4 seasons is better than any other team in the AFC other than KC. Wait for the season to play out for all the other teams who are making moves, to crash and burn. 

KC has Super Bowl rings.....the Bills? Not so much. As a matter of fact, the Bills haven't been to a championship game since the early 90's.

And there's another brilliant move by the Bills, trading the pick away to move down in the draft to pick up an extra worthless pick, passing on Mahomes. Just straight out dumb, even if it wasn't known at the time what Mahomes would become, which of course is a much better QB than Allen. Sometimes the truth hurts, the pain runs deep.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.