Dion Dawkins Mic'd Up Against Bucs

Einstein

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Interesting call by Dion on the TD run from Josh "OUT OUT OUT".  Curious if he was telling josh that the pressure wasn't coming inside so he would have a lane.

I think it was against NE there was a play where it looked like he was trying to let the rusher work up and over the pocket, but Josh stepped way up into the pocket/space. It allowed the rusher to release from Dawkins without any issues and walked right into Josh. 

This is a great adjustment between the two. 

I wonder how many player/ref pregame interactions lead to less (or more) calls on them in the game? Like if Dawkins says “never dirty” etc, will he get the human natural reaction from the ref if a play is say 50/50 to not flag him cuz ya know, “he’s not a dirty player”? Just interesting to think about. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, EffKCChiefs said:

Overrated? You already shnow! 

Dion is pretty grating to me, but he is absolutely having a good season this year, probably his best. Most teams would trade their LT for the year he is having. Obviously not teams with guys like Trent Williams, but. 

43 minutes ago, Zag20 said:

Man, the dude #9 on Tampa doesn’t really seem like he’s bringing his A game every play.

I remember some people all up in arms that we took Rousseau over him (Joe Tryon) and Jason Oweh after year one.  

I’ll take Rousseau over those guys every day

• Like (+1) 1

Some good stuff, some weird stuff, some awkward stuff. I love it all tho. 🤣 Shnowman is having a great year. OLine been playing very well. It helps to have McGovern next to him, who is having a heck of a year himself.

That block at 6:06 😳

And it always surprises me how quiet players are out on the field. Or do they cut the audio out for some parts on this? For example, that entire dance at 6:30 and not even a peep?!?

2 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I wonder how many player/ref pregame interactions lead to less (or more) calls on them in the game? Like if Dawkins says “never dirty” etc, will he get the human natural reaction from the ref if a play is say 50/50 to not flag him cuz ya know, “he’s not a dirty player”? Just interesting to think about. 

I was laughing at him working the ref. Making small talk like talking to a coworker at the office while waiting for a meeting to start. "Year is really going by fast. This waether is crazy. Aaaanyways..."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.