The Knox injury unfortunately has changed this offense for the better

FireChans

It sucks that Knox is injured. I like him as a player.

But it’s clear that without Knox, we are no longer forcing 12 personnel, which has clearly been holding this offense back. 

Unfortuantelt, we may see the 12 return when Knox gets healthy because Dorsey is going to have to include him and Kincaid. But the biggest difference tonight was 11 personnel. Dorsey is still Dorsey. this team is just better at 11 as currently constructed.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 15
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Was it the 12 personnel or was it running an up tempo offense that let Allen have time to scan the defense and break it down.

Well we couldn’t use 12 today. But today seemed way more uptempo. Josh was calling way more audibles and seemed to be really fired up 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

100 percent agreed

When the bills drafted Kincaid I was a bit nervous about 12 personnel as Josh likes throwing to WRs.

Time to roll with 11 and use Kincaid over Knox when Knox does return 

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Was it the 12 personnel or was it running an up tempo offense that let Allen have time to scan the defense and break it down.

I think it’s both.

When they were doing 12, they were doing a lot of subbing. Seemed like they were letting defences dictating terms as they matched with them.

With this 11/ no huddle, it seemed like it was “this is our offence, good luck stopping us”

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Was it the 12 personnel or was it running an up tempo offense that let Allen have time to scan the defense and break it down?

We've seen the hurry up be effective when Knox was around in the last 3 weeks.

A combination of both. It’s clear as day though that Kincaid is the better route runner and better hands. He should be on the field either as a TE or slot WR at all times. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It sucks that Knox is injured. I like him as a player.

But it’s clear that without Knox, we are no longer forcing 12 personnel, which has clearly been holding this offense back. 

Unfortuantelt, we may see the 12 return when Knox gets healthy because Dorsey is going to have to include him and Kincaid. But the biggest difference tonight was 11 personnel. Dorsey is still Dorsey. this team is just better at 11 as currently constructed.

It wasn’t that much better in the end, I think it just felt like that because they got off to a better start. 

They had 3 tremendous opportunities to kill the game in the 4th and came up empty on all of those drives. 

Make no mistake, this offense still has big problems. 

• Agree 7

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

It wasn’t that much better in the end, I think it just felt like that because they got off to a better start. 

They had 3 tremendous opportunities to kill the game in the 4th and came up empty on all of those drives. 

Make no mistake, this offense still has big problems. 

Getting off to a better start is hugely important lol, did you watch the last 3 weeks?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Getting off to a better start is hugely important lol, did you watch the last 3 weeks?

Sure, but then our last 3 drives just took the place of 1st quarter incompetence. 

A top offense on what’s supposed to be a SB contender has to kill the game on one of those drives. 

There’s still a lot wrong here. 

Offense looked like they have that electric factor back with 11 and/or up-tempo.  

The stalled drives up 14 were frustrating, but on one of them we got absolutely screwed by the non-Offside call. 

Still .. they have to be more effective and not have these lulls. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Sure, but then our last 3 drives just took the place of 1st quarter incompetence. 

A top offense on what’s supposed to be a SB contender has to kill the game on one of those drives. 

There’s still a lot wrong here. 

That’s why I said Dorsey is still Dorsey.

We didn’t see the Bills put up 10 points through 55 minutes tonight. That’s an improvement.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.