TB / Buffalo Postgame thread

Simon

56 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Other than Lawson's blocked fg, ST had another disappointing night. The lack of discipline & coaching creates those 4th down penalties. 

What? WTH are you talking about? Bass was perfect. All the snaps were perfect. Kick returns were exciting! The punting was fantastic! What the hell game did you watch??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

This coaching staff lucked into Josh Allen.  They should have been fired after 13 seconds.  How the f*ck do they lineup on  3rd and goal on the 1/2 yard line in the shotgun?

They do this because it's a good thing to do on the goal line. Especially if you are reluctant to sneak a QB that just had to go into the tent again with a shoulder injury. if you aren't sneaking, handing off from under center is the LEAST SUCCESSFUL play you can call at the goal line, and this is bolstered by a decade of data tracking every play run at the 1 yard line. It is doubly true when you only have 2/5 OL known for moving bodies.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

It’s a Buffalo Bills win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers onto the Cincinnati Bengals game a week from Sunday. There really isn’t much more a Bills fan can say than it’s a win for Bills. I don’t see the point of rehashing the obvious weekly by this present Bills team this season they aren’t improving because they can’t. That isn’t because the Bills players aren’t trying because they are. It’s just the Bills have reached their career ceiling with some players and in other cases are at the end of their NFL careers it is what it is in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

1 minute ago, Franco_92 said:

They do this because it's a good thing to do on the goal line. Especially if you are reluctant to sneak a QB that just had to go into the tent again with a shoulder injury. if you aren't sneaking, handing off from under center is the LEAST SUCCESSFUL play you can call at the goal line, and this is bolstered by a decade of data tracking every play run at the 1 yard line. It is doubly true when you only have 2/5 OL known for moving bodies.

The goal line situation occurred on the 2nd possession. Well before Josh went to the tent.

And it's obviously NOT a good idea because we walked away with no points.

Should have snuck it. Twice if need be.

• Agree 3

Just now, Buffalo Super Fan said:

It’s a Buffalo Bills win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers onto the Cincinnati Bengals game a week from Sunday. There really isn’t much more one can say than a win for Bills. I don’t see the point of rehashing the obvious weekly by this present Bills team this season they aren’t improving because they can’t. That isn’t because the Bills players aren’t trying because they are. It’s just the Bills have reached their career ceiling with some players and in other cases are at the end of their NFL careers it is what it is in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Damn, i guess even biased homers like me should just toss in the towel and free up our sundays!

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

What? WTH are you talking about? Bass was perfect. All the snaps were perfect. Kick returns were exciting! The punting was fantastic! What the hell game did you watch??

He might be talking about the penalties in the second half…they were absolute killers.  We threw away a ton of good field position with ST penalties punting was outstanding 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

The goal line situation occurred on the 2nd possession. Well before Josh went to the tent.

And it's obviously NOT a good idea because we walked away with no points.

Should have snuck it. Twice if need be.

Okay but even the best teams don't score 100% of the time from first and goal. Our red zone stats were #2 in the league this year before tonight, and we have scored more frequently from shotgun (where the data shows it is better to play from) than from under-center, where our QB explicitly dislikes playing from. I like sneaking Allen too, and so I am not happy with that sequence, but it's entirely possible they wanted to avoid that because he is known to have a shoulder issue right now. And again, shotgun solves the number one issue that makes it hard to score in the red zone, it spreads people back out. Teams will never stop doing it because decades of data shows it works. All formations fail, and one particular failure doesn't shift the weight of thousands of plays in the past. It is just an instinctive emotional reaction to the instance not working out 

• Eyeroll 1

53 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

They got the 1st down with the Diggs catch.  The Browns got the ball at their own 20 yard line with 21 seconds left. That they actually got within a few feet of winning the game is a trademark of a McD defense. It was almost as bad as "13 seconds".

They needed another first down to clinch the game though. They couldn’t close it out with possession and had to punt it back. Good teams don’t do that; they close it out and never give the opponent another opportunity.

I agree about the defense, but stupid penalties bailed out TB on multiple fourth downs and we gifted them with first downs. Should have been our ball both times. Jordan Phillips will never get out of my doghouse for one of the dumbest penalties I’ve ever seen. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

It’s a Buffalo Bills win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers onto the Cincinnati Bengals game a week from Sunday. There really isn’t much more a Bills fan can say than it’s a win for Bills. I don’t see the point of rehashing the obvious weekly by this present Bills team this season they aren’t improving because they can’t. That isn’t because the Bills players aren’t trying because they are. It’s just the Bills have reached their career ceiling with some players and in other cases are at the end of their NFL careers it is what it is in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

If you didn’t see this game as an improvement over the previous two I just don’t know what to tell you.  The bucs defense is better than the giants and pats considerably and we got a lot of players involved on offense and let the bucs run themselves right out of the game 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Franco_92 said:

Okay but even the best teams don't score 100% of the time from first and goal. Our red zone stats were #2 in the league this year before tonight, and we have scored more frequently from shotgun (where the data shows it is better to play from) than from under-center, where our QB explicitly dislikes playing from. I like sneaking Allen too, and so I am not happy with that sequence, but it's entirely possible they wanted to avoid that because he is known to have a shoulder issue right now. And again, shotgun solves the number one issue that makes it hard to score in the red zone, it spreads people back out. Teams will never stop doing it because decades of data shows it works. All formations fail, and one particular failure doesn't shift the weight of thousands of plays in the past. It is just an instinctive emotional reaction to the instance not working out 

A lot of words for a very simple situation. You need 6 inches. Go get em.

Absolutely inexcusable to have 2 cracks from inches away and not even make a single attempt at the simplest solution.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

A lot of words for a very simple situation. You need 6 inches. Go get em.

Absolutely inexcusable to have 2 cracks from inches away and not even make a single attempt at the simplest solution.

It would be inexcusable to miss no matter the formation - when you choose a formation objectively better for the situation, and miss, it isn't the formation's fault. That is the logical error everyone and their mother is making

The six inches is HARDER TO GET in the formation everyone WANTED TO SWITCH TO

Edited by Franco_92

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

We literally ran the QB sneak later, and commentators joked that the fans where asking where that was earlier.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Franco_92 said:

Well, it was before Allen went into the tent.

are you Ken Dorsey?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Franco_92 said:

It would be inexcusable to miss no matter the formation - when you choose a formation objectively better for the situation, and miss, it isn't the formation's fault. That is the logical error everyone and their mother is making

The six inches is HARDER TO GET in the formation everyone WANTED TO SWITCH TO

No. Buck up and get those 6 inches.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.