I think you guys are missing the good that came out of this game.

PrimeTime101

Diggs had 6 catches on 12 targets... What does that tell you? That a QB is trying to force feed a WR that just is not open 

On Top of all that? Diggs Drops are starting to add up. 

Now for the good part. Dalton Kincaid. 8 targets and 8 receptions for 75 yards.. Although this was Kincaid's best game this year.. I cannot

even call this a breakout game for Kincaid.. now 8 targets 8 catches? What does that tell you?

This tells me plenty.. It tells me we had a QB that for most of his career, had to rely on WR's. This told me that it took this long into the season 

for JA To trust a TE and now he finally does. 

This tells me that Josh Allen has finally learned that we have a second beast on this team... that JA does not need to force feed Kincaid the ball 

because he is winning his 1 on 1 opportunities.

This tells me that there is now enough film on Kincaid where defenses have to be concerned about him.

I seriously doubt Kincaid was very often, Josh Allen's first look.. until tis game.. Heck I do not even know how often Kincaid was JA second look?

But one thing is for sure going to start happening.. JA's eyes will start looking more his way.. Kincaid will get way more second reads instead of third

or fourth reads.. wont matter if the play goes to him or not.

Trust is a huge thing with any QB.. QB has to trust his eyes when he sees that TE gets open. QB has to trust the TE will catch the ball.. QB has to trust that the TE runs the right routs.. QB has to trust the TE that he will get that extra 2 yards for a first down. All this takes time.

FINALLY.. I feel like we are entering the era of Dalton Kincaid.

the only good that came out of that.. for me... its the best thing that could of possibly happen on a Bils loss

Long way to go to get back on track.. but we not out the playoff picture yet.. far from it.

cup half full.

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Diggs had 6 catches on 12 targets... What does that tell you? That a QB is trying to force feed a WE that just is not open 

Now for the good part. Dalton Kincaid. 8 targets and 8 receptions for 75 yards.. Although this was Kincaid's best game this year.. I cannot

even call this a breakout game for Kincaid.. now 8 targets 8 catches? What does that tell you?

This tells me plenty.. It tells me we had a QB that for most of his career, had to rely on WR's. This told me that it took this long into the season 

This tells me that Josh Allen has finally learned that we have a second beast on this team... that JA does not need to force feed Kincaid the ball 

This tells me that there is now enough film on Kincaid where defenses have to be concerned about him.

I seriously doubt Kincaid was very often, Josh Allen's first look.. until tis game.. Heck I do not even know how often Kincaid was JA second look?

But one thing is for sure going to start happening.. JA's eyes will start looking more his way.. Kincaid will get way more second reads instead of third

Trust is a huge thing with any QB.. QB has to trust his eyes when he sees that TE gets open. QB has to trust the TE will catch the ball.. QB has to trust that the TE runs the right routs.. QB has to trust the TE that he will get that extra 2 yards for a first down. All this takes time.

the only good that came out of that.. for me... its the best thing that could of possibly happen on a Bils loss

Long way to go to get back on track.. but we not out the playoff picture yet.. far from it.

cup half full.

Except both TE were always open not just Kincaid. The Pats were focused on taking away Diggs as much as possible.  Which they did pretty well, also I didn’t see any drops by Diggs (I did miss the 1st quarter though) 

• Eyeroll 2

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Except both TE were always open not just Kincaid. The Pats were focused on taking away Diggs as much as possible.  Which they did pretty well, also I didn’t see any drops by Diggs (I did miss the 1st quarter though) 

knox was not always open and he also had a key drop. Davis was not getting open. 

Cook looked like the receiving back we were told he was when we drafted him. 

This is where I get a little wonky on Dorsey. This year the plays are there. THEY’RE THERE. And we force feed Diggs anyways. 

We have see this team when it gets the balls to those guys like the Raider and Dolphins game. When we force the ball to Diggs like the Jets, Giants, Pats, the whole thing falls apart.

Diggs as your primary, Davis for big chunk plays, Kincaid and Cook should be a mismatch underneath. 

Yesterday didn’t feel like a loss due to play call on the offensive side. It’s just a million drops, Offside, and penalties. Which normally I’d point towards coaching. But it’s odd it’s happening with guys who’ve been in the building forever. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

knox was not always open and he also had a key drop. Davis was not getting open. 

First play of the game , Knox was open but Allen threw it late and got picked off.  He also was open a lot too just not thrown to. Davis is a WR so not what that had to do with me saying the TE were open. 

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

First play of the game , Knox was open but Allen threw it late and got picked off.  He also was open a lot too just not thrown to. Davis is a WR so not what that had to do with me saying the TE were open. 

That pick was because Shakir did not finish is rout properly. IT was supposed to be a timed throw to the outside and instead of Shakir finishing his rout he cut in.

Miscommunication.  there was plenty of blame to go around this game.. JA did make mistakes no doubt.. but this offensive scheme is horrible. 

9 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

is that dorsey or the melon farmer

I think it’s both. I can’t imagine they watch the film and Dorsey goes “great decision to hurl it to a double covered Diggs on first down when you have Cook right here”. But sometimes they make it so difficult. The Giants felt like that. Too many bunch formations bringing the defense to close the the LOS. I get the OL was getting worked but sometimes it helps to give them some space to breath and back the LBs up. 

Last season was Diggs least targeted season as a Bill. This isn’t new. It’s been part of our offensive philosophy since Daboll. Even with Sanders, Brown, Beasley, etc. Guys like Kurt Warner got flamed for years for doing game breakdowns where he basically said “just because he can doesn’t mean he should. There are better plays/reads”.

44 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Kincaid being part of the game plan was great, but Dorsey has yet to figure ways to get him down field. The use of Kincaid looks like old school TE play in comparison to the modern play making TE we hoped for. 

Except for the play where Dorsey schemed Kincaid wide open 30 yards down field on the sideline and Josh overthrew him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Except for the play where Dorsey schemed Kincaid wide open 30 yards down field on the sideline and Josh overthrew him. 

That’s Kincaid’s fault. Josh didn’t trust him, so he threw an uncatchable ball. That way he wouldn’t drop it. 

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

Kincaid being part of the game plan was great, but Dorsey has yet to figure ways to get him down field. The use of Kincaid looks like old school TE play in comparison to the modern play making TE we hoped for. 

Yeah, before this game, most of the looks Kincaid was getting, he’d catch the ball about 2 or 3 yards short of a first down, then try to work his way for the needed yards but fail which made no sense. I didn’t understand why, with most looks on 3rd down, why he wasn’t going past the first down marker.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Mango said:

Cook looked like the receiving back we were told he was when we drafted him. 

This is where I get a little wonky on Dorsey. This year the plays are there. THEY’RE THERE. And we force feed Diggs anyways. 

We have see this team when it gets the balls to those guys like the Raider and Dolphins game. When we force the ball to Diggs like the Jets, Giants, Pats, the whole thing falls apart.

Diggs as your primary, Davis for big chunk plays, Kincaid and Cook should be a mismatch underneath. 

Yesterday didn’t feel like a loss due to play call on the offensive side. It’s just a million drops, Offside, and penalties. Which normally I’d point towards coaching. But it’s odd it’s happening with guys who’ve been in the building forever. 

It seems like everyone takes their turn mucking it up on any given play: 

- Allen throws an errant pass, it’s picked off

- Allen throws a sharp pass, catcher drops it 

- Offense has a good play, negative play drives them back 

- Offense has a huge play, shotgun draw ends w/ runner dropped in the backfield 

Even Stef had a huge opportunity for a game changing play and couldn’t hang onto the ball.  Not that it was an easy play to make by any means, but when even your superstar player can’t make a superstar play? It doesn’t bode well for the rest of them. 

• Like (+1) 2

I’d like to see an effort to make the offense a three headed monster with Diggs, Kincaid, Cook seeing a majority of snaps. With a very healthy dose of Murray and Cook on the field at the same time allowing us to use Cook in the slot, and keep the defense in sub optimal packages.

Granted the Harris injury makes that a little more difficult, without a good third back to spell the other two. 

At that point we can sub around Davis, Knox, Shakir, Sherfield, and Harty in other packages. 

On the A22 I’m noticing that defenses aren’t respecting our RB’s running routes. Often they don’t/barely even cover them since we rarely make the throw. 

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Diggs had 6 catches on 12 targets... What does that tell you? That a QB is trying to force feed a WR that just is not open 

cup half full.

Did you say finally, 7 games into his career? Lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.