Hunter Renfrow

Buffalo_Stampede

I don't think our personnel is the problem.  Sherfield was good on the Dolphins.  Harty gets open.  Davis (matter of opinion on here).  Dorsey doesn't know how to call plays for anyone besides Diggs.  

Unless we are playing the Dolphins, which Josh just owns, changing anything besides Dorsey isn't going to matter

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It will be interested to hear from people after they view the All22. Seems hard to believe that other guys aren't getting open for Josh. Talent is upgraded this year. I tend to think it's a combo of Josh locked in on Diggs but also poor design from Dorsey. I'm getting THIS close to saying I'm done with him. 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don't think our personnel is the problem.  Sherfield was good on the Dolphins.  Harty gets open.  Davis (matter of opinion on here).  Dorsey doesn't know how to call plays for anyone besides Diggs.  

Unless we are playing the Dolphins, which Josh just owns, changing anything besides Dorsey isn't going to matter

He doesn't really even know how to call plays for Diggs. A lot of those plays seem to be tough throws. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

All of them are players no one cares about on the defensive side of the ball. JAGS as they say.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We have a bunch of JAGS other than Diggs that can’t run routes.

I can't argue with that but there's not a lot of teams with a bunch of good receivers besides the Bengals and Dolphins. Most teams it's a WR1 and then a bunch of cheap supporting players. I personally would have traded a 1st for a top WR2 rather than waste a pick on a TE but that's me. With TE's there's not a lot of difference between the top guys in any draft as we saw with LaPorta getting drafted lower but being way better than Kincaid

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s cheaper than Beasley was.

No he’s not. Renfrow’s cap hit next year is $13.7 mil. You’re praying that his lack of production is a result of McDaniels otherwise you’re left paying a lot of money to another useless receiver. We can’t afford that.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

No he’s not. Renfrow’s cap hit next year is $13.7 mil. You’re praying that his lack of production is a result of McDaniels otherwise you left paying a lot of money to another useless receiver. We can’t afford that.

He's cuttable for like no cap hit in 2024, thats not the issue.  His base is 6.5M this year, so you would need to either send salary back or add a void year or something.  

I dunno, are kincaid shakir and harty really the problem?  Or is it scheme?  Or allen not looking their way?  

13 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Sherfield is not good. Has never been good. Are you his agent?

Edited by FireChans

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

No he’s not. Renfrow’s cap hit next year is $13.7 mil. You’re praying that his lack of production is a result of McDaniels otherwise you left paying a lot of money to another useless receiver. We can’t afford that.

His contract isn’t an issue unless you don’t believe he can play.

Its an contract to rework if you think he’ll be what Beasley was.

2 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

He's cuttable for like no cap hit in 2024, thats not the issue.  His base is 6.5M this year, so you would need to either send salary back or add a void year or something.  

I dunno, are kincaid shakir and harty really the problem?  Or is it scheme?  Or allen not looking their way?  

Even if you cut him next year with a post June 1st designation, it still carries a dead cap hit of nearly 2 mil.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

His contract isn’t an issue unless you don’t believe he can play.

Its an contract to rework if you think he’ll be what Beasley was.

It becomes an issue if he can’t play though. He’s really only had 1 really good year. His production has declined steeply since 2021. I don’t know if that’s a McDaniels thing or Renfrow thing. It’s a gamble that could end badly pretty easily.

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Even if you cut him next year with a post June 1st designation, it still carries a dead cap hit of nearly 2 mil.

You’d trade for him with the idea he’s part of the future, not a rental.

Just now, Bangarang said:

It becomes an issue if he can’t play though. He’s really only had 1 really good year. His production has declined steeply since 2021. I don’t know if that’s a McDaniels thing or Renfrow thing. It’s a gamble that could end badly pretty easily.

It’s not that big of a gamble. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.