Why weren't Thibideaux, Lawrence, and Williams thrown out of the game??? Update: Fines handed out

Special K

8 hours ago, Special K said:

Three Giants Fined for Roles in Brawl vs. Bills

Things got ugly for the Giants late in the third quarter of their game versus the Buffalo Bills last weekend.

PATRICIA TRAINA

New York Giants defenders Kayvon Thibodeaux, Dexter Lawrence, and Leonard Williams were each fined $10,927 by the league for their role in a second-half scuffle with the Buffalo Bills. Bills offensive lineman Dion Dawkins received a $10,927 fine.

Thibodeaux, Lawrence, Williams, and Dawkins were part of a larger brawl that began after Latavius Murray rushed for a first down late in the third quarter of the Giants' 14-9 loss to the Bills last weekend at Highmark Stadium.

The officials threw four flags, three on the Giants and one on Buffalo, the penalties off-setting one another. There were no ejections as a result of the melee.

Thibodeaux was caught on camera lying on the turf kicking at some Bills players who were hitting him while he was on his back. Williams shoved an unidentified Bills offensive lineman in the end zone. 

Great reporting.....unidentified offensive lineman🤣

$11k? That’s it? Diggs got fined more for throwing beer after a touchdown!!! How do they come up with the fine amounts?!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 10/16/2023 at 6:44 PM, That's No Moon said:

Is it too much to ask to have the QB and leader of the team not be an idiot? If he hurts himself on that play or gets beaten down by a lineman twice his size nobody has clever comments today.

I’ve pointed out that Josh isn’t perfect which has been consistently met with acrimony.  With that said, on the field, during the game he wants to win and is loyal to his teammates.  I can’t see wishing he cowered in a corner.

7 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I watched the game, he got thrown around away from the other skirmishes. If you have a way of seeing it again, watch for Josh trying to help before Brown got hurt.

Willians definitely cheap-shotted Brown by pushing him when he was engaged with Lawrence. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Doc said:

Willians definitely cheap-shotted Brown by pushing him when he was engaged with Lawrence. 

Felt like the giants players were trying very hard to intentionally get under our skin in this one and they crossed the line quite a few times.  This wasn’t like the Miami dolphins feelin a guy up in the pile lol these were straight up cheap shots.  My opinion on Daboll soured a bit after this one all those extra curriculars felt like they were by design to me

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Felt like the giants players were trying very hard to intentionally get under our skin in this one and they crossed the line quite a few times.  This wasn’t like the Miami dolphins feelin a guy up in the pile lol these were straight up cheap shots.  My opinion on Daboll soured a bit after this one all those extra curriculars felt like they were by design to me

It wouldn't surprise me if that's what Daboll told them to do.  It would explain the frosty handshake at the end. 

On 10/16/2023 at 1:14 AM, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Personally I would've ejected Williams. That was a pretty energetic hit a solid 30 seconds after the whistle and semi-injured Brown (who hadn't really done anything during the play/scrum). 

Frustrating to see 4 personal fouls called with 3 on the Giants and 1 on the Bills only to all offset. And the call on the Bills was the weakest one of the bunch. 

That’s the part I don’t get. You can have like 4 penalties on 1 team and 1 on the other and they all offset lol. 

30 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Torrence was about to step in, he changed course when QB1 was squaring up with a LBer.

I like Torrence, but these guys have to have their heads on a swivel when Josh is getting into it with the opposition. I don’t care what their doing, Josh is the lynchpin of this team and it’s heart and soul. Protect him at all costs.

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

I like Torrence, but these guys have to have their heads on a swivel when Josh is getting into it with the opposition. I don’t care what their doing, Josh is the lynchpin of this team and it’s heart and soul. Protect him at all costs.

Okay to make this clear Torrence was moving to help out Brown, then Josh came in from the top rope and Torrence switched targets to getting his QB out of there. I doubt any of them was expecting the QB to fly in there like that.

Just now, Warcodered said:

Okay to make this clear Torrence was moving to help out Brown, then Josh came in from the top rope and Torrence switched targets to getting his QB out of there. I doubt any of them was expecting the QB to fly in there like that.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

You’re probably right, who expected that? He’s got a LBs mentality.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.