Super Bowl in London?

Ya Digg?

46 minutes ago, wppete said:

Ridiculous idea.. they need to cancel all London games all together. 

Agree, London games are farcical at best. 

The NFL should just buck up and and restart that junior league they had over there some years back, and stop screwing the fan base and players with this traveling circus crap. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Mango said:

I have always thought the higher seed should host every year. No different than any other American sport. 

That's too big of a advantage. 

I don't have data to back it up, but I'm guessing home field is a much bigger advantage in football than other sports?

7 minutes ago, Process said:

I don't have data to back it up, but I'm guessing home field is a much bigger advantage in football than other sports?

Fair point, but I also don’t think championships need to be neutral. But it is more important to a one and done game too.

Worth noting that home field advantage in the NFL has been on the decline since before COVID. 

8 minutes ago, Process said:

Actually, it the opposite. here’s the home team win rates in north american professional sports:

MLS: 69%
NBA: 63%

NHL: 59%

NFL: 58%

MLB: 54%

However, teams hosting the SB in their own stadiums are 2-0.

https://www.chicagobooth.edu/review/home-field-advantage-facts-and-fiction#:~:text=In basketball%2C NBA teams win,American football%2C it's 57.6%.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Fair point, but I also don’t think championships need to be neutral. But it is more important to a one and done game too.

Worth noting that home field advantage in the NFL has been on the decline since before COVID. 

I saw something earlier this week that said home teams currently have a losing record this season 

• Like (+1) 1

Stupid idea and it will never be done. 

The overseas games should only be played between two teams coming off a bye week. If done like that the teams could travel a week in advance, settle in and actually enjoy the trip, not just fly over, play jet lagged and go back. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.