Super Bowl in London?

Ya Digg?

9 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Commissioner Goodell has commanded you watch the next Broncos game in the following manner:

image.thumb.jpeg.6af90989091d5f9d5947f036f28b3464.jpeg

When I saw this, I thought of this video.

Goodell, has taken my arms, taken legs.  Absolute horror, I cannot live, I cannot die, he just makes me keep watching.  (Ok,I kind of destroyed those lyrics, but you get the point)

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BritBill said:

Goodell categorically ruled out a Super Bowl outside the US at the NFL Live event the other Saturday.  

Until his employers see the $$$$ an international Super Bowl can and will generate for the two weeks of festivities in London or elsewhere. 

you don’t think the league will reward Tottenham for building a Multi purpose stadium with the NFL turf? 

1 minute ago, BritBill said:

Goodell categorically ruled out a Super Bowl outside the US at the NFL Live event the other Saturday.  

Goodell said at the fan forum: "I think that is not out of the question. But at the end of the day, I think right now our formula will stay the same about playing [Super Bowls] in cities that have franchises."

A London Super Bowl would bring a unique set of logistical challenges, including the time difference. The game would have to be played at night in London -- 8:30 p.m. local time, hypothetically, which would be 3:30 p.m. ET and 12:30 p.m. on the West Coast.

Kickoff times for the three London games this season have been 9:30 a.m. ET, 2:30 p.m. local time.

But as usual, these types of decisions often hinge on revenue, and the league wants revenue to continue to flow to cities that currently support NFL teams.

"I think being able to play it in one of our cities -- it's at a huge economic boost to those cities," Goodell said at the fan forum. "Our fans live in those cities also. I think that is important. Not that we do not have great fans here [in London]; we do. So as the international series develops, maybe that is a possibility as we play more games here."

Sources around the NFL have speculated in recent weeks that it's only a matter of time before the league shifts its focus to playing a Super Bowl in London. One league official who was in London in recent weeks commented that it felt like the NFL was using these three international games -- Falcons-Jaguars, Bills-Jaguars, and Titans-Ravens on Sunday -- as a trial balloon for bigger concepts in the city.

The NFL will play five games in Europe this season -- three in London and two in Germany -- and is preparing to play future international games in Spain and Brazil, according to NFL executive vice president Peter O'Reilly. The league sent officials last month to investigate the possibility of playing the first NFL regular-season games in Madrid, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo, Brazil, as soon as next season.

O'Reilly also has said the NFL is studying the possibility of playing a regular-season game in Australia, although the logistics of a game there would be more challenging.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Until his employers see the $$$$ an international Super Bowl can and will generate for the two weeks of festivities in London or elsewhere. 

you don’t think the league will reward Tottenham for building a Multi purpose stadium with the NFL turf? 

Nope. They already have and will continue to do so with the regular season games every year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.