Trade Deadline Targets

GoBills!

I know Bean and company aren't going to send big drafts picks for soon to be UFA's. But looking at a team like the vikings who could be 1-5,1-6 shortly seems they could also be a target for some trade options. 

For LB help with our limited cap space I like Jordan Hicks...He doesn't carry a huge salary (keep in mind we don't have much cap space) He is a decent vet who could bring some leadership and help to the position. He is no Milano but brings the stability we need. CB's are hard to come. by so I don't see us grabbing anything worthwhile.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/jordan-hicks-16808/

I don't think getting someone like Surtain is going to happen so trying to see what else is available. We have two options, stack the offense so we score 30 points on anyone every week without effort or find some decent replacements on D to contain offenses to 17-20 points a week. 

If you're looking at a team like the Vikings then I'd look right at Harrison Phillips if they feel he's an upgrade.  Not sure how much contract they'd have to eat or what they'd give up.  He knows the system though and is a better option than Ford/Settle imo.

42 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If you're looking at a team like the Vikings then I'd look right at Harrison Phillips if they feel he's an upgrade.  Not sure how much contract they'd have to eat or what they'd give up.  He knows the system though and is a better option than Ford/Settle imo.

Always liked horrible harry it’s the matter of what the compensation would be

12 hours ago, GoBills! said:

I know Bean and company aren't going to send big drafts picks for soon to be UFA's. But looking at a team like the vikings who could be 1-5,1-6 shortly seems they could also be a target for some trade options. 

For LB help with our limited cap space I like Jordan Hicks...He doesn't carry a huge salary (keep in mind we don't have much cap space) He is a decent vet who could bring some leadership and help to the position. He is no Milano but brings the stability we need. CB's are hard to come. by so I don't see us grabbing anything worthwhile.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/jordan-hicks-16808/

I don't think getting someone like Surtain is going to happen so trying to see what else is available. We have two options, stack the offense so we score 30 points on anyone every week without effort or find some decent replacements on D to contain offenses to 17-20 points a week. 

He already got traded to the Blue Jays.

7 minutes ago, TheBillsOrDie said:

These threads are so pointless. 

That's why I post in them... to give them some actual substance. You are welcome... On a side note, is there any thread that is not pointless, unless you are trying to get tickets or meet up for a tailgate? Otherwise, everything said here has zero effect on anything at all. But this is why message boards exist... to discuss.

But you are correct, a majority of threads on a majority of message boards are technically worthless. Very keen observational skills.

• Haha (+1) 1

The Buffalo Bills don’t trade for a defensive player because the Bills don’t have the cap space. Look I am getting a little ahead of myself but this issue I going to talk about is going to pick up momentum as the Bills season pass with no Super Bowl. It’s up to Josh Allen if he wants a good Bills team around him taking contract restructuring like Tom Brady or weather Josh Allen wants the money. We Buffalo Bills fans all pretend we have the players because we have Josh Allen but that isn’t enough. The magic to Tom Brady is he took less money to have a team around him to win. It’s all up to Josh Allen how he wants his career legacy to be in Buffalo in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

16 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’ll bite. Buffalo does not trade for a defensive player. But they do the half year rental and trade for Hollywood brown 

Would not be surprised by something like this at all.  

Poona Ford replaces Daquan Jones

Dorian Williams/Tyrel Dodson replace Matt Milano

We have a 2nd year, former RD1 pick at CB3.   

McDermott hasn't shut the door on Jones/Milano coming back later this season.  

We could trade for a double team eating 1T, but we already have one.  I highly doubt we're trading away a significant asset for someone better than Poona Ford.  We could trade for an OLB, but we drafted one with a Top 100 pick.  CB is where I could see a move being made, but that would only come if they're ready to give up on Kaiir Elam. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Always liked horrible harry it’s the matter of what the compensation would be

I recall reading somewhere online that he would come with a $4 million price tag for this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.