Snap Counts from Jags game-Von 20 snaps

BuffaloBillyG

Vickers goes from PS to out snapping Settle and Phillips. Dodson way more snaps that Dorian Williams (seems like I saw Williams way more). 

Rapp didn't see a snap.

Feels like this game should have seen less Cook and more Harris/Murray as well.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’m nearly positive Vickers was lining up at DE. 

I thought I saw that as well. I'm sure a few snaps were there. The Bills D also plays mind tricks (on me at least) because both Floyd and Miller play DE in a 2 point stance. Gives the look that the DT on that side is at DE. 

*** EDIT Just did the math. Miller, Floyd, AJE and Johnathan accounted for 151 snaps...I assume all at DE. With 88 plays run that would be 176 total DE snaps. So, yea Vickers getting 46 would (again assumption here) likely account for the rest with a 25 @ DE and 21 @ DT type split.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

That picture of Von on the front page of the Buffalo News this morning.  Honestly, he looks like a disabled person trying to go around the edge with a big ol knee brace on.  I'm not sure why they are using a roster spot on him.  Seems like a waste. He's nowhere close to 100% and may not be this season.  I suppose he wanted to dip his toes in the water as he said after the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Vickers goes from PS to out snapping Settle and Phillips. Dodson way more snaps that Dorian Williams (seems like I saw Williams way more). 

Rapp didn't see a snap.

Feels like this game should have seen less Cook and more Harris/Murray as well.

Most of Vickers's snaps came at edge from what I saw. Was a result of Von being on a strict pitch count, Jonathan getting hurt and Floyd being nicked up too.

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, zow2 said:

That picture of Von on the front page of the Buffalo News this morning.  Honestly, he looks like a disabled person trying to go around the edge with a big ol knee brace on.  I'm not sure why they are using a roster spot on him.  Seems like a waste. He's nowhere close to 100% and may not be this season.  I suppose he wanted to dip his toes in the water as he said after the game.

Honestly if you expected him to go from 0 to 100 his first time on the field then you set yourself up for failure. He had no training camp, no preseason and hasn't played in an actual game since the injury. He needs time to get into game shape. That's reality, it was an acl tear not a minor injury here. Regardless of how young any player is coming off an acl tear there is a ramp up period and usually a hard pitch count. So the overreaction to the way Von looked yesterday is just plain ridiculous at this point. He needs game reps, actual in game reps so saying we wasted a roster spot on him is wrong.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillzFreak said:

Honestly if you expected him to go from 0 to 100 his first time on the field then you set yourself up for failure. He had no training camp, no preseason and hasn't played in an actual game since the injury. He needs time to get into game shape. That's reality, it was an acl tear not a minor injury here. Regardless of how young any player is coming off an acl tear there is a ramp up period and usually a hard pitch count. So the overreaction to the way Von looked yesterday is just plain ridiculous at this point. He needs game reps, actual in game reps so saying we wasted a roster spot on him is wrong.

I had zero illusions of Von going from 0 to 100.  Quite honestly I don't think he will even be close to 75% all season.  I'd keep him off the active roster until late in the season so he could get a game or two in before a potential first playoff game.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Von should have sat this one out. Should have used this next game as his "walk through" game. He did nothing out there. That is on the coaches to recognize that. 

So, he should have used the next game as a walk through to do nothing? 

Questions...how was he moving in practices last week? Was he tentative? Moving fluidly? Did he report any discomfort or pain after practice? How did the any re-evals on the knee look? Did the do re-evals? What his mindset about contact and where he's at mentally for game situations? 

I mean, since you seem to know what's what and you recognized things in 20 snaps and all. Please expound.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Just a hunch on my part, Von is a goner after next year, and his time as a Bill will be viewed as a huge waste of cap space. 

Maybe or maybe not, it all depends if Von eventually shows flashes of getting back to wat he was before his injury here. But basing that after 20 snaps in his 1st football game back since a acl tear is definitely jumping to a conclusion. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Maybe or maybe not, it all depends if Von eventually shows flashes of getting back to wat he was before his injury here. But basing that after 20 snaps in his 1st football game back since a acl tear is definitely jumping to a conclusion. 

Who said I was basing it on Mr 94.5% performance yesterday?  Not me. 

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

This DL will go as far as Oliver, Rousseau, Floyd and Epenesa take it.   

As far as Von goes, the hope I have is that we can get him back to 90% of what he was early last season by the time the Playoffs roll around.  

As long as Settle and Ford don't hurt us, we should be fine.  We won't have the dominant play that Jones provided but just be Vernon Butler bad and will can keep the ship afloat.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.