Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

I was referencing the narrative about" It's not in a vacuum, you must see the pre 10/7, or the entire history" Bs narrative.

If that was you posting it, then maybe.

if not, its not my fault you heard Hamas supporter and thought it meant you.

Imagine that narrative rolled out to other instances?

pearl harbor, Kosher cause we had embargos and were oppressing them.

9/11, all our fault. you know. colonialism and oppression.

its a broken argument that is supporting the terrorist,

So you're equating people having a larger understanding of how and why a terrible situation or event occurred with them being okay with said event or situation happening?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Biden and his buddies are totally botching this situation both domestically and internationally.  Walking right down the middle of the road on this situation.  Guess what.  The dump truck is coming!   What a mess.  None of this would be happening if Trump were in power.  

Edited by Irv
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Again - this is because the Biden's administration's goal is to protect Iran. Not Israel. 

More like protect itself, after giving them money and doing everything they could to appease them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Probably because Iran doesn't want to go to war with the U.S. because they've seen how that goes nearby twice.

This.

Plus, the mullahs know they are barely holding on to power. If they get pulled into a hot war and have to commit their focus elsewhere, they'll likely lose their grip.

In other words, the dog is about to catch the car and it's thinking twice before it bites the tire.

34 minutes ago, yall said:

This.

Plus, the mullahs know they are barely holding on to power. If they get pulled into a hot war and have to commit their focus elsewhere, they'll likely lose their grip.

In other words, the dog is about to catch the car and it's thinking twice before it bites the tire.

That result would be good for iran people  and breasts neighbors it uses the terrorist wing, to terrorize. 

39 minutes ago, yall said:

This.

Just my view, but I have been posting it for weeks.

Positioning Eisenhower and its task force in the northern Arabian Sea rather than the eastern Med gets their attention, if that is actually happening.

Either way, I don't think Iran is a centralized , unified military command.

i think there is the leadership of the "Islamic Republic" in the religious group in Tehran, and the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, who seem to occasionally go their own way, especially in the Strait of Hormuz.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah's speech went for just under one-and-a-half hours, and while full of threats and ultra-provocative heated words aimed at Israel and the United States, this was not a declaration of war speech. But he emphasized that Hezbollah's full entry into war with Israel will be determined based on developing events in Gaza, and whether Israel halts its attacks on the Palestinian people. Shelling on the Israel-Lebanese border was reportedly ongoing through and by the end of the speech in Beirut (Nasrallah addressed his top officers via remote feed from a secure location). Some highlights from Nasrallah's speech...

All "Options" on the table

"I assure you all options are open on the southern front. They can be adopted anytime," he said. "I assure you it will not be the end, this is not sufficient."

"If you wish to steer away from a regional war, you must end the war on Gaza. This front will develop according to developments in Gaza."

"If Israel strikes Lebanon it will be the most foolish act in all of Israel's existence."

US sent message to Hezbollah, warning its ships & planes will attack

Nasrallah related that Hezbollah was warned soon after Oct.7 that US ships and war planes positioned in the Mediterranean would bombard southern Lebanon if Hezbollah fighters escalate attacks on Israel. 

But Nasrallah said, "We will continue to infiltrate" and that Hezbollah's calculus will be "a civilian for a civilian" - meaning that attacks from southern Lebanon will be determined based on the intensity of Israel's attacks on Palestinians. 

On prospect of major regional war

"To the Americans I say, focusing your threats on Hezbollah and the region are pointless," Nasrallah said. The US said it "would not only attack Lebanon but will attack Iran."

"Your fleets in the Mediterranean do not and will not cause us to fear. We have prepared for your fleet what it takes. You Americans remember your defeats from Lebanon (early 80s), Iraq, and Afghanistan... your humiliating retreat from Afghanistan. He praised the recent attacks by Iraqi Shia militias against US based in the region.

"If an all out war erupts your fleet will be no good, your warplanes will be pointless, you will pay a heavy price."

“Only you Americans can end what is happening now in Gaza, since you started it. The only factor that will affect our position is the progression of the war.” US is "directly responsible".

"I tell Israel: Do not go any further. Many civilians have already died. I promise you: A civilian for a civilian."

At one point in the speech he laid out that Hezbollah's daily missiles and shelling of northern Israel (which have remained limited) have served to force Israel to deploy up to one-third of its military hardware and assets to its northern border.

Nasrallah explained that in doing so, Israel is not prevented from focusing its full firepower on attacking "resistance factions" (Hamas and PIJ) in Gaza.

And more notes from the speech via Bloomberg:

“We have to be ready and present for all future probabilities”

Says attacks on Israel near Lebanon borders “is very big from our side and very important and it won’t be enough for us anyway”

Says the group is aware it’s taking a risk in the daily border attacks against Israel

He says Israel forced to deploy heavily on the border with Lebanon, taking away from its fight in Gaza

Says Oct. 7 attack on Israel was purely Palestinian decision and execution and “no one knew” about Hamas plan

Says the US is “directly responsible” for Israel attacks on Gaza

Says Israel will fail in wiping out Hamas as it failed in 2006 with its aim to wipe out Hezbollah

Praises “martyrs” in Lebanon and elsewhere who were killed in fighting against Israel since the conflict began

Says dying in fight against Israel is “greatest of all”

“Just watch how a fighter advances and places rocket on an Israeli tank. How can they defeat this land and these type of fighters?”

Says previous and future sacrifices in Gaza, West Bank and all fronts are worth it

Says Hamas attack showed Israel’s vulnerability and weakness strategically and militarily to the point that the US sent its ships to the Mediterranean at the onset of the attack

Still wondering how the eff they got all that explosive material on that dock. but whatever or whoever sabotaged it. probably saved a lot of lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inzz0iKcB9c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLeJzK-9JRA

Beirut explosion destruction captured in drone footage - YouTube

And closer to home. did they ever find the 30 tones of the same stuff that disappeared from the train a few months ago?

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/21/us/chemical-missing-shipment-california-wyoming.html

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1