Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

8 hours ago, sherpa said:

What's going on now is the attempted, promised elimination of Hamas.

Really smart guys in a room to figure out tunnel warfare?

How about Iwo Jima? 

Didn't work there, and there were few civilians.

Sure. These really smart guys can figure out how to spare lives and just get the bad guys without other casualties.

Just nonsense.Not possible but not black/white.  less innocents is better

One late, additional note.

The Iranian backed Houthis in Yemen shot down a US Reaper drone yesterday.

They did this while the Reaper was in international airspace, technically an act of war.

All you need to know about the Houthis is contained in their slogan:

"God is the greatest.

Death to America.

Death to Israel.

Cursed be the Jews.

Blessed be Islam."

We'll see if there is a response, but an undisputed act of war is generally responded to.

In addition, Eisenhower must transit just south of Yemen to get where it's going.

Could be some tense times on that portion of her repositioning.

Not possible but not black/white.  less innocents involved=better for everyone, esp innocents

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/09/tensions-high-as-germany-prepares-to-mark-kristallnacht

Lots of questions here about how Israel should handle this situation. It’s extremely difficult to answer that question. Nobody can argue with a people fighting for their future, their land, their way of life. This goes both ways.

There is no easy way out. All I know is violence will only bring more violence and the cycle will continue no matter what happens to Hamas. Some other group will take their place. The best defense is peace. A real peace. 

I believe more than anything who you side with in this conflict says a lot about each and every one of us. 

My parents were born in Palestine and were forced to flee in 67. I recognize Israel’s right to exist. I also think Palestinians are entitled to their own land too. 

Lots of people argue Palestine never existed. I for one don’t care what you call it. Fact is Arabs were there and have a legitimate claim. The Jewish people also have a legitimate claim. So where do we turn from here?

I stand with both. I stand with peace. The holy land belongs to everyone imo. Christians, the Jewish people and Muslims. 

From what I understand evangelicals need Israel to belong to the Jewish people so that Jesus can return and bring about end of times.

Muslims also believe the same exact thing but believe Jesus will side with the Muslims.

Most Jewish people believe it’s a miracle the Jewish people regained control of Israel therefore they’re entitled to the land now and that this will expedite the return of their messiah and bring about peace. If you ask me they’re taking a huge risk in overtaking the land now. They’re not supposed to be there. The scriptures said they would be exiled. It clearly states Israel will not exist until their messiah returns. Orthodox Jews who support Palestine are the vast minority but they fear the creation of a Jewish state now is against God’s plan.

Even if you don’t agree with the Neturei Karta there are still dangers in backing an Israeli state. They believe their temple is below Al-Aqsa mosque. They want to destroy Al-Aqsa and build their temple. This will surely lead to even more wars and chaos. 

Which leads me to what I want and what I’ve always wanted. A one state solution where everyone has equal rights. We need to delay end of times for as long as possible as far as I’m concerned. How can one justify supporting anything that can lead to end of times?

Everyone slams Iran for trying to destroy Israel to bring about end of times and rightfully so. But what about the USA? Our support will lead to the same results. 

This situation is a clusterf**k. There is no winning here for anybody. F it. Officially rename it the holy land and give equal rights to everyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Irv said:

Houthis?  That's a new one.  Is it just me or are there too many of these ***** terrorist groups that hate the US and/or Israel?  I'm sure I left some out.  WTF.  

1. Houthis
  2. al-Qaeda
  3. Isis
  4. Hamas
  5. Hezbollah
  6. PLO
  7. Boko Haram
  8. Mujahideen
  9. Islamic jihad
  10. Muslim Brotherhood
  11. Palestine Liberation Front
  12. Taliban
  13. DNC
  14. BLM
  15. The entire Ivy League
  16. Antifa
  17. NAACP
  18. City Councils of Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, NYC, DC, Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, list too lengthy to mention.
  19. The Squad
  20. Clinton Foundation

Nice job Biden encouraging these losers.  What a mess.  

All commies/modern day nazis.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Wacka said:

All commies/modern day nazis.

You're an idiot.

1 hour ago, JDHillFan said:

If Israel doesn’t stand down they risk alienating Muslims! 

Yes,  Arabs have oil.  Israelis don't

18 hours ago, sherpa said:

I am not going to waste time taking your assignments.

Do your own work.

Start by comparing a horrible event by a small, independent unit to an attack planned for a year and including the entire terrorist group.

Same can be said for abu ghraib.

That was basically one  night shift of one small unit.

Horrible, but not a military strategy being executed.

Additionally, those were prosecuted under the UCMJ.

Think the leadership of Hamas is going to prosecute?

They planned it.

That is nothing like the planning and barbarism under which the Hamas invasion, rape, beheading, torture, burning, evisceration of fetuses was undertaken as a controlled, planned strategy.

You outdo yourself every day.

Simply unimaginable how someone could conclude what you regularly do.

pretty typical  engage ion the part of the debate you like and refuse to engage issues you don't.  Your prerogative.  but it's disingenuous....did they kick you off the naval academy debate team?  you'd never have made 1st string there of all places.  smart folks.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

You're an idiot.

pretty typical  engage ion the part of the debate you like and refuse to engage issues you don't.  Your prerogative.  but it's disingenuous....

tommy sophisticate responds....do some gesturing.  need a laugh.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

looks like the ***** bird started the liquid diet a bit early today.

u wish.  but I could destroy your arguments after 5 old fashions at the club.  no etch at all, not that u deserve a response scumbag.  I am going to the club this afternoon and may imbibe 1 or 2 after my golf lesson.

8 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

lol, its four sheets to the wind.

IF you cant do it sober, you cant do it drunk

you can't do it at all.  loser.  i'm not going to defend myself from the court jester.  your credibility is a joke

Let's go.  this should be fun

btw, the saying is "3 sheets to the wind" moron

three sheets to the wind

To be “three sheets to the wind” is to be drunk. The sheet is the line that controls the sails on a ship. If the line is not secured, the sail flops in the wind, and the ship loses headway and control. If all three sails are loose, the ship is out of control.

Guessing u never sailed.....

27 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

You're an idiot.

pretty typical  engage ion the part of the debate you like and refuse to engage issues you don't.  Your prerogative.  but it's disingenuous....did they kick you off the naval academy debate team?  you'd never have made 1st string there of all places.  smart folks.

Ya know hawk, there aren't many here you can hold your own against in an argument but believe me, trying to have a battle of wits with sherpa is a fantastic waste of your time. You are simply no match, and that is not a challenge to you it's just the plain truth. My advice to you is stop making yourself look anymore foolish and refrain from engaging with him.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Ya know hawk, there aren't many here you can hold your own against in an argument but believe me, trying to have a battle of wits with sherpa is a fantastic waste of your time. You are simply no match, and that is not a challenge to you it's just the plain truth. My advice to you is stop making yourself look anymore foolish and refrain from engaging with him.

keep your day job.  you'll never make an official.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

u wish.  but I could destroy your arguments after 5 old fashions at the club. 

I'm not sure what your "club" serves, but the implication is that you are referring to a drink, called an "old fashioned."

An "old fashion" is bell bottomed pants.

Still, enjoy your golf lesson as summer ends in Virginia today, and have a great afternoon, but stay away from those old fashions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2