Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

27 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The terrorist need to be dealt with as required but condoning and supporting Netanyahu's killing 10's of thousands of civilians to accomplish that task is unacceptable.    

How would you deal with Hamas? 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Trump's not running US ME policy.  Biden is.  So how stupid are people to listening to him?  Its a complete disaster.  From the initial atrocities committed by Hamas to the unrelenting no terms or conditions support for Israel's bombardment of Gaza while ignoring the death and casualty totals among the civilian population.  As usual this administration that gets nothing correct has no coherent plan to defuse or resolve the current problem beyond sending a couple aircraft carriers and some additional troops as a show of force.  Add in the Congress ever obedient to the defense contractors bottom lines with knee jerk billions of military aid to kill more people and this shitshow is headed for another unhappy ending.  The terrorist need to be dealt with as required but condoning and supporting Netanyahu's killing 10's of thousands of civilians to accomplish that task is unacceptable.    

What do you suggest Israel does?

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

What do you suggest Israel does?

Well, first I wouldn't inflict 10's of thousands of mass casualties on the civilian population because that would make me no better than the terrorists that committed the original atrocities.  And Hamas isn't going anywhere.  You have them surrounded on three sides, two by land and one by sea.  And Egypt isn't going to allow them to escape through the 4th side they control as they want nothing to do with them,  After that, patiently and methodically eliminate them through precision strikes vs. the brute force approach that while maybe effective leaves too much collateral damage.  Similar actions Russia has been accused of in Ukraine have led to calls and charges of war crimes.  Arguing any distinction or justification leaves the people no less dead or the actions no different.  

26 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

After that, patiently and methodically eliminate them through precision strikes vs. the brute force approach that while maybe effective leaves too much collateral damage.  

While desirable, has been made practically impossible by Hamas.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Well, first I wouldn't inflict 10's of thousands of mass casualties on the civilian population because that would make me no better than the terrorists that committed the original atrocities.  And Hamas isn't going anywhere.  You have them surrounded on three sides, two by land and one by sea.  And Egypt isn't going to allow them to escape through the 4th side they control as they want nothing to do with them,  After that, patiently and methodically eliminate them through precision strikes vs. the brute force approach that while maybe effective leaves too much collateral damage.  Similar actions Russia has been accused of in Ukraine have led to calls and charges of war crimes.  Arguing any distinction or justification leaves the people no less dead or the actions no different.  

So nothing? Interesting take

58 minutes ago, sherpa said:

While desirable, has been made practically impossible by Hamas.

for decades

• Like (+1) 1

Get a bunch of really smart guys in a room and figure a way to wage tunnel war. 

What's going on now is part serious reaction, part violent posturing to appease an angry public

In the long run I doubt this works. At some point people are going to have live peacefully side by side. 

ever read the 88 Hamas covenant?  the revised charter. 

It lays it out. the goal is the animation of the state of Israel and that the Palestinians will be the martyr.  They make no bones about the fact they will use them as shields.  

I don't think there is a good way to take out Hamas without CD.

the UN rights chief has said both HAMAS and Israel have committed war crimes.

UN rights chief Volker Turk says both Israel and Hamas have committed war crimes | CNN

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Get a bunch of really smart guys in a room and figure a way to wage tunnel war. 

What's going on now is part serious reaction, part violent posturing to appease an angry public

What's going on now is the attempted, promised elimination of Hamas.

Really smart guys in a room to figure out tunnel warfare?

How about Iwo Jima? 

Didn't work there, and there were few civilians.

Sure. These really smart guys can figure out how to spare lives and just get the bad guys without other casualties.

Just nonsense. Not possible.

One late, additional note.

The Iranian backed Houthis in Yemen shot down a US Reaper drone yesterday.

They did this while the Reaper was in international airspace, technically an act of war.

All you need to know about the Houthis is contained in their slogan:

"God is the greatest.

Death to America.

Death to Israel.

Cursed be the Jews.

Blessed be Islam."

We'll see if there is a response, but an undisputed act of war is generally responded to.

In addition, Eisenhower must transit just south of Yemen to get where it's going.

Could be some tense times on that portion of her repositioning.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, sherpa said:

How about Iwo Jima? 

Sure. These really smart guys can figure out how to spare lives and just get the bad guys without other casualties.

They did this while the Reaper was in international airspace, technically an act of war.

"God is the greatest.

Death to America.

Death to Israel.

Cursed be the Jews.

Blessed be Islam."

We'll see if there is a response, but an undisputed act of war is generally responded to.

In addition, Eisenhower must transit just south of Yemen to get where it's going.

Iwo? Ya, nothings changed in technology since the ‘40’s …

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Iwo? Ya, nothings changed in technology since the ‘40’s …

Yes.

Despicable murdering terrorists have figured out how to geometrically expand the casualties of non combatants and hostages.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

How about Iwo Jima? 

"God is the greatest.

Death to America.

Death to Israel.

Cursed be the Jews.

Blessed be Islam."

Houthis?  That's a new one.  Is it just me or are there too many of these ***** terrorist groups that hate the US and/or Israel?  I'm sure I left some out.  WTF.  

1. Houthis
  2. al-Qaeda
  3. Isis
  4. Hamas
  5. Hezbollah
  6. PLO
  7. Boko Haram
  8. Mujahideen
  9. Islamic jihad
  10. Muslim Brotherhood
  11. Palestine Liberation Front
  12. Taliban
  13. DNC
  14. BLM
  15. The entire Ivy League
  16. Antifa
  17. NAACP
  18. City Councils of Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, NYC, DC, Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, list too lengthy to mention.
  19. The Squad
  20. Clinton Foundation

Nice job Biden encouraging these losers.  What a mess.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

Yes.

Despicable murdering terrorists have figured out how to geometrically expand the casualties of non combatants and hostages.

Sure have. I glad the Vietnamese didn't have the ability to take out on America for the My Lai Massacre like Israel is doing to the Pals. 

My Lai is was a horrible massacre, like what Hamas did 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sure have. I glad the Vietnamese didn't have the ability to take out on America for the My Lai Massacre like Israel is doing to the Pals. 

My Lai is was a horrible massacre, like what Hamas did 

Not remotely close, but no surprise there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

How about Iwo Jima? 

"God is the greatest.

Death to America.

Death to Israel.

Cursed be the Jews.

Blessed be Islam."

A few limited strikes on the Houthi's would be a good thing. Saudis would love it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

How about Iwo Jima? 

"God is the greatest.

Death to America.

Death to Israel.

Cursed be the Jews.

Blessed be Islam."

Sounds like folks that biden/harris protect/allow into the country.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Tell me how they were different? 

I am not going to waste time taking your assignments.

Do your own work.

Start by comparing a horrible event by a small, independent unit to an attack planned for a year and including the entire terrorist group.

Same can be said for abu ghraib.

That was basically one  night shift of one small unit.

Horrible, but not a military strategy being executed.

Additionally, those were prosecuted under the UCMJ.

Think the leadership of Hamas is going to prosecute?

They planned it.

That is nothing like the planning and barbarism under which the Hamas invasion, rape, beheading, torture, burning, evisceration of fetuses was undertaken as a controlled, planned strategy.

You outdo yourself every day.

Simply unimaginable how someone could conclude what you regularly do.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2