Hey MAGA- When was America ever great?

On 10/7/2023 at 11:22 AM, Pokebball said:

Truth doesn't seem to matter anymore. Or as Bill Maher discusses in this clip, we focus more on "emotional truth". I think we can return to being more truthful with each other.

Great clip from Bill !! Thanks for posting we need more of this kind of stuff in todays world !! Call out the BS artists !! 

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

what he said.  he should be in jail, right now...f'in crook

Only focus on the useful part to use on the narrative as usual .

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

do u think a criminal should be prez?

No but Clinton was, Obama was, Bush was, and every one of them did criminal type acts in their time so why not this guy whats the difference .

Is it different to allow FISA warrants on a made up bought & paid for BS dossier ? Is it different to go into a war on the premise of "weapons of mass destruction" when Hussien was your puppet for how many years prior to calling him the bad guy ? And lump Osama into hat to !! 

Clinton not only disgraced the office but was applauded by the American people for getting a #### ### in the oval office then lying about it and no telling all the BS he pulled as the Gov. of Arkansas .

But Turmp supposedly inflates the price of a property which realtors do every day & then a very known to be liberal judge deflates the price of a property which is most likely intentional & even a 5th grader knows better & he's the baddest guy ever . 

Continue on !! If you can't see the forest for the trees you for sure can't see the BS & i'm not saying that every thing he has done or said has been above board because it hasn't but let's call BS - Bs when it's known to be just that ...

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, T master said:

"weapons of mass destruction" when Hussien was your puppet for how many years prior to calling him the bad guy ?

Yes, that was another big lie.  Not good....

i'm not saying that every thing he has done or said has been above board

understatement of the decade.  He's a shyster and traitor

• Eyeroll 1

No but Clinton was, Obama was, Bush was, and every one of them did criminal type acts in their time so why not this guy whats the difference .

Is it different to allow FISA warrants on a made up bought & paid for BS dossier ? Is it different to go into a war on the premise of "weapons of mass destruction" when Hussien was your puppet for how many years prior to calling him the bad guy ? And lump Osama into hat to !! 

Clinton not only disgraced the office but was applauded by the American people for getting a #### ### in the oven office then lying about it and no telling all the BS he pulled as the Gov. of Arkansas .

But Turmp supposedly inflates the price of a property which realtors do every day & then a very known to be liberal judge deflates the price of a property which even a 5th grader knows better & he's the baddest guy ever . 

Continue on !! If you can't see the forest for the trees you for sure can't see the BS & i'm not saying that every thing he has done or said has been above board because it hasn't but let's call BS - Bs when it's known to be just that ...

I'm still waiting to hear what tangible harm was caused by this allegation of inflating the value of real estate.  How was the State harmed?  They weren't even a party to any transactions.   

First, if you want a loan using property as collateral a bank will send an appraiser.  And ensure the property value is consistent with the conditions of granting a loan.  Second, all the banks that loaned money to the company based on property as collateral were paid back in full along with having the payment serviced.   Nobody lost one cent per my understanding nor is any party to any transaction is claiming harm.    

There are many places where valuations get stretched.  Go get a diamond ring appraised.  Then take that number and try to sell it on the market for that price.  Good luck.  I guess all these guys should be arrested too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

it is fraud. A crime is a crime whether someone was harmed or not.

duh, I learned that in like the 3rd grade

Sure a crime is a crime but there's no crime here because there's no victim.  For fraud to occur somebody needs to be harmed or defrauded or minimally attempted to be defrauded.  Who was defrauded or attempted to be defrauded?  What entity involved in the transactions filed a criminal complaint or charges?  And of what were they de-defrauded?  No party has reported any material or financial loss. 

The State certainly wasn't defrauded of anything.  That's why its a civil case because a criminal case would have been booted out on day one.  Typically, crimes of financial types (this is financial right?, inflating the value of assets?) have degrees based on the dollar amount of the crime.  But there's no dollar amount here.  In the end the State of New York is probably going to blow $20 million plus on prosecuting this case of nothing and come up empty.  But they don't care, its not their money and its not mine either.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Anyway to answer the OP's question, I dont really worship politicians/government like the trump-humpers do so I can't say when I think America was "great."

you grasp its got something about a time when the state was not involved in every aspect of everything?  like it is now?

Will blow your mind to find out tens of millions of Americans don't expect the government to play parent or need them in every decision.  or to provide anything.

6 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

thanks for your slightly incoherent answer. i dont really see it as a response to my post though but maybe. Its a head scratcher so maybe its relevant but it feels strange that you quoted me to say something irrelevant

it's what he does.  I have him on ignore but i sometimes look.  it's like a car crash

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Sure a crime is a crime but there's no crime here because there's no victim.  For fraud to occur somebody needs to be harmed or defrauded or minimally attempted to be defrauded.  Who was defrauded or attempted to be defrauded?  What entity involved in the transactions filed a criminal complaint or charges?  And of what were they de-defrauded?  No party has reported any material or financial loss. 

The State certainly wasn't defrauded of anything.  That's why its a civil case because a criminal case would have been booted out on day one.  Typically, crimes of financial types (this is financial right?, inflating the value of assets?) have degrees based on the dollar amount of the crime.  But there's no dollar amount here.  In the end the State of New York is probably going to blow $20 million plus on prosecuting this case of nothing and come up empty.  But they don't care, its not their money and its not mine either.

the victims are the honest real estate investors that competed against trump.  Also the reputation of NYCin the biz community.

On 10/7/2023 at 12:58 AM, John from Riverside said:

“ where is my African-American at?”

Are you referring to the the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy?  That one, John?

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

you grasp its got something about a time when the state was not involved in every aspect of everything?  like it is now?

Will blow your mind to find out tens of millions of Americans don't expect the government to play parent or need them in every decision.  or to provide anything.

Do you EVER think before you post?

81zwec.jpg

5 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

what he said.  he should be in jail, right now...f'in crook

so 83 versus 87%.  pretty similar.

Right.  Black kids were much more likely not to graduate from high school in 1960 (23%) to today (83%) ... so the original premise of this thread is wild to me.

10 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Yes, that was another big lie.  Not good....

understatement of the decade.  He's a shyster and traitor

Well at least i'm willing to think of that as a good possibility but you won't admit it about any of the others that are as bad or in some instances worse & especially this jack ass in office now . If you think the guy you apparently voted for is some kind of freakin saint man you are delirious beyond compare .

9 hours ago, T master said:

Well at least i'm willing to think of that as a good possibility but you won't admit it about any of the others that are as bad or in some instances worse & especially this jack ass in office now . If you think the guy you apparently voted for is some kind of freakin saint man you are delirious beyond compare .

i'm on record as wanting a D candidate other than biden.  he's too old.  Clinton and Obama did pretty good jobs.  Clinton is a sleaze but was effective.  no one but trump tried to steal an election.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

56 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

i'm on record as wanting a D candidate other than biden.  he's too old.  Clinton and Obama did pretty good jobs.  Clinton is a sleazy but was effective.  no one but trump tried to steal an election.

what would be best for the country is if both of these two both Trump and Biden stepped aside for some younger blood

Unfortunately, we’re not going to see that so it’s all about voting against what is worst for this country

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

i'm on record as wanting a D candidate other than biden.  he's too old.  Clinton and Obama did pretty good jobs.  Clinton is a sleaze but was effective.  no one but trump tried to steal an election.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

there is still realistic hope.  trump could be in jail and biden could see the light, so to speak.

That is the plan or agenda  ... I in some regards hope he doesn't run because i don't want to relive another 4 years of B**Ching & whining about him .

Then having to listen to ass hats like Colbert & others (You, BT, Tibs,) constantly claiming to be comedians using their platform for bashing rather than comedy then the possibility of more millions spent to prove lies like they did in the bought & paid for dossier which all involved in that should already be in prison but are not . 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, T master said:

That is the plan or agenda  ... I in some regards hope he doesn't run because i don't want to relive another 4 years of B**Ching & whining about him .

Then having to listen to ass hats like Colbert & others (You, BT, Tibs,) constantly claiming to be comedians using their platform for bashing rather than comedy then the possibility of more millions spent to prove lies like they did in the bought & paid for dossier which all involved in that should already be in prison but are not . 

I'll bet you don't laugh very often.  Black humor can be funny....just so u know this isn't racial

Black comedy, also known as dark comedy, morbid humor, gallows humor, black humor, or dark humor, is a style of comedy that makes light of subject matter that is generally considered taboo, particularly subjects that are normally considered serious or painful to discuss. Wikipedia

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I'll bet you don't laugh very often.  Black humor can be funny....just so u know this isn't racial

Black comedy, also known as dark comedy, morbid humor, gallows humor, black humor, or dark humor, is a style of comedy that makes light of subject matter that is generally considered taboo, particularly subjects that are normally considered serious or painful to discuss. Wikipedia

Well that wouldn't be a bad thing if it wasn't a constant every single monolog thing with these so called comedians but that is what they did like the dossier for 4 full years every single night & every single day . GET OVER IT THERE ARE OTHER THINGS IN LIFE DON'T OBCESS OVER 1 FREAKIN PERSON ...

P.S. - And seeing as you disagree just go back & look at any of Colberts monologs while Trump was in office i'll bet you can't find 1 that he doesn't mention some kind of slam on him .

I must have only caught the ones that he did because i never saw one that he wasn't .

Edited by T master
  • Disagree 1

So ... the question:

You want to make America great again.

What year would you revert back to if you had a magic wand?

(We already saw that 1960 wasn't a great choice)

I think the question is too big if we talk about everything in society. So I'll talk about the time period when I believe that governance and policy made the most sense. For me, that was the second Clinton administration, when Clinton moved to the center after the Republicans took the House. Balanced budgets. Post-Soviet affairs managed pretty well. Clinton signed a law in 1996 strengthening border enforcement and deterring illegal immigration. (that would be almost inconceivable with subsequent Democratic presidents). Strong economy. Not utopia in America, but problems were met with sensible policy responses.