Change of plans. Biden is building a wall.

I saw this too. I don’t understand why Biden has failed to articulate any sort of immigration policy. I guess this is his attempt to at least do something. The southern states bussing of the migrants to Dem states is turning public opinion polls on this issue forcing Biden to do something.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

I saw this too. I don’t understand why Biden has failed to articulate any sort of immigration policy. I guess this is his attempt to at least do something. The southern states bussing of the migrants to Dem states is turning public opinion polls on this issue forcing Biden to do something.

It's so ironic after the msm and left called any talk of the wall, racist for years.  Even ran on tearing it down. 

But then the sanctuary city folks ended up sounding exactly like the voices in the border states. 

Is Biden now a racist for building a wall?

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

It's so ironic after the msm and left called any talk of the wall, racist for years.  Even ran on tearing it down. 

But then the sanctuary city folks ended up sounding exactly like the voices in the border states. 

Is Biden now a racist for building a wall?

There is plenty of irony here for sure. The whole immigration system is broken and needs reform. This is the one issue where I think it might swing independents to vote for trump.

Personally, I think Biden should propose a plan for comprehensive immigration reform, including border security and aide to states. Lead on the issue. Failure to do that and he will be saddled with owning the problem. It will be an issue that will only get worse between now and election. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Personally, I think Biden should propose a plan for comprehensive immigration reform, including border security and aide to states. Lead on the issue. Failure to do that and he will be saddled with owning the problem. It will be an issue that will only get worse between now and election. 

He can do that or he can not do that. The outcome will be the same either way. 

That being said, he should do it at least for the messaging. 

• Like (+1) 3

Like I said, it always takes years for them to realize the consequences of tjeir bad ideas/policies/movements and the need to reverse them, which make themselves look dumb and hypocritical.  But the damage is already done.

Edited by Doc
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The damage is already done. Biden's looking for window dressing now.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

It would smarter to propose actual solutions that would actually improve the situation and when the GOP inevitably rejects them, campaign on that. 

This is just lazy, dumb, and wasteful. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

He's actually not.  These appropriations are from 2019.  

“I’ll answer one question on the border wall: The border wall – the money was appropriated for the border wall. I tried to get them to reappropriate it, to redirect that money. They didn’t, they wouldn’t. And in the meantime, there’s nothing under the law other than they have to use the money for what it was appropriated. I can’t stop that,” Biden told reporters in the Oval Office.

Asked whether he believes the border wall works, Biden answered, “No.”

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

A question - why hasn’t he done that in the previous 2 3/4 years? Is there a legitimate reason? That’s two questions. Apologies in advance. 

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

He's actually not.  These appropriations are from 2019.  

“I’ll answer one question on the border wall: The border wall – the money was appropriated for the border wall. I tried to get them to reappropriate it, to redirect that money. They didn’t, they wouldn’t. And in the meantime, there’s nothing under the law other than they have to use the money for what it was appropriated. I can’t stop that,” Biden told reporters in the Oval Office.

Asked whether he believes the border wall works, Biden answered, “No.”

“There is presently an acute and immediate need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States in the project areas,” Alejandro Mayorkas, the DHS secretary, stated in the notice.

Who do you believe? Biden or DHS/Mayorcas? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Call me a cynic but observation leads me to conclude neither Dems or Reps want a resolution because a problem solved is no longer a useful campaign issue.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

A question - why hasn’t he done that in the previous 2 3/4 years? Is there a legitimate reason? That’s two questions. Apologies in advance. 

“There is presently an acute and immediate need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States in the project areas,” Alejandro Mayorkas, the DHS secretary, stated in the notice.

Who do you believe? Biden or DHS/Mayorcas? 

I know what Myorkas said.  I was responding to all the dumb comments saying Biden had changed his stance.  Go throw your bait in another river, because I don't play the silly partisan politics game.  

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

I know what Myorkas said.  I was responding to all the dumb comments saying Biden had changed his stance.  Go throw your bait in another river, because I don't play the silly partisan politics game.  

Just seems odd that the big guy would claim his hands are tied after DHS put out the statement. Thanks for sharing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Call me a cynic but observation leads me to conclude neither Dems or Reps want a resolution because a problem solved is no longer a useful campaign issue.

This JDHillFan is a PERFECT example of the silly partisan politics game.  APB, you're 100% correct, because one side can't allow the other side a 'political victory', and that's why the country is hurting.  Calling each other names, and assigning labels is doing EXACTLY what they want us to do.  

Just now, JDHillFan said:

Just seems odd that the big guy would claim his hands are tied after DHS put out the statement. Thanks for sharing. 

Yes, it is mixed messaging.  

32 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The GOP definitely doesn’t want it solved. All of their proposed policies do little to help the issue. 

Sometimes the Dems propose things that would help. Other times they don’t occasionally they do something dumb like this. 

Then again, if there was a bill on the floor that addressed the root causes of the problems, it probably would get a majority of Dem votes and less than 20 GOP votes in both houses. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

a1f.jpg

Depicting Trump as a larger than life man is wrong in so many different ways

This is a very small man

44 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I agree with this

The immigration system is a mess owned by both parties.  For many people who want to sponsor their family relatives to come here legally, there is a 10 or 20 year long wait process. Meanwhile, the people walking across the border are getting court dates 7 years into the future. Then we also have hundreds of thousands of adults who were brought here as children who have no legal status. What a mess! 

If it was truly an important issue, I believe both parties would find a way to compromise. Instead, we get broken disfunctional government, no compromise on either side but we all sure like to scream about it. Since the politicians don’t really care enough about it to solve it, I don’t get excited about it. It is what it is…. 

2 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

The immigration system is a mess owned by both parties.  For many people who want to sponsor their family relatives to come here legally, there is a 10 or 20 year long wait process. Meanwhile, the people walking across the border are getting court dates 7 years into the future. Then we also have hundreds of thousands of adults who were brought here as children who have no legal status. What a mess! 

If it was truly an important issue, I believe both parties would find a way to compromise. Instead, we get broken disfunctional government, no compromise on either side but we all sure like to scream about it. Since the politicians don’t really care enough about it to solve it, I don’t get excited about it. It is what it is…. 

A really big and easy way to make a difference would be to properly fund the immigration courts. 

If people who want to come here legally and/or seek asylum knew there was a speedy process to adjudicate their claims, they would be less likely to come illegally. 

If you’re fleeing violence or poverty and your choice is to wait for a decade or sneak in, you’re going to sneak in, even if the ultimate decision a decade from now would be to admit you. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

L O L the big guy

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

A really big and easy way to make a difference would be to properly fund the immigration courts. 

If people who want to come here legally and/or seek asylum knew there was a speedy process to adjudicate their claims, they would be less likely to come illegally. 

If you’re fleeing violence or poverty and your choice is to wait for a decade or sneak in, you’re going to sneak in, even if the ultimate decision a decade from now would be to admit you. 

So I admit that I am a little uneducated on this part why are we not just appointing more judges, and getting this going?

23 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The GOP definitely doesn’t want it solved. All of their proposed policies do little to help the issue. 

Sometimes the Dems propose things that would help. Other times they don’t occasionally they do something dumb like this. 

Then again, if there was a bill on the floor that addressed the root causes of the problems, it probably would get a majority of Dem votes and less than 20 GOP votes in both houses. 

Any thoughts on why such a bill was not put forward in 2021-22 when democrats had total control of Washington?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, daz28 said:

LOL you talking to Biden? He's the cat playing partisan politics.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

This JDHillFan is a PERFECT example of the silly partisan politics game.  APB, you're 100% correct, because one side can't allow the other side a 'political victory', and that's why the country is hurting.  Calling each other names, and assigning labels is doing EXACTLY what they want us to do.  

With no comment re: wall good or wall bad, I merely asked who you believed Biden or Mayorcas. The statements from each cannot be reconciled. To you, a nonpartisan no doubt, that is playing a silly partisan game. To me it’s just pointing out another giant helping of DC BS. 

Isn’t the use of “silly” in line with the calling of names and labeling that you decry above? 

Edited by JDHillFan
Punctuation
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

L O L the big guy

So I admit that I am a little uneducated on this part why are we not just appointing more judges, and getting this going?

“if elected, I will spend more taxpayer money on judges so more immigrants can come into this country”

How well does that slogan do at the ballot box?

5 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Any thoughts on why such a bill was not put forward in 2021-22 when democrats had total control of Washington?

No idea. I think they are scared to touch immigration because the GOP generally owns the issue even though their policies make no sense. 

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

No idea. I think they are scared to touch immigration because the GOP generally owns the issue even though their policies make no sense. 

In the last few minutes you have told us the GOP definitely doesn’t want it solved, democrats would vote to solve it, the GOP owns the issue, and that democrats are scared by that. Sounds like Washington. 

34 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

With no comment re: wall good or wall bad, I merely asked who you believed Biden or Mayorcas. The statements from each cannot be reconciled. To you, a nonpartisan no doubt, that is playing a silly partisan game. To me it’s just pointing out another giant helping of DC BS. 

Isn’t the use of “silly” in line with the calling of names and labeling that you decry above? 

As I already said, I agree it's appears to be a mixed message.  If you'd like me to say what I would extrapolate from it, then it would be that Biden disagrees with the complete border wall strategy(strategic), and Mayorkas needs a barrier in a certain area(operational).  I'll throw my own personal opinion in for the heck of it.  Long border walls don't work, because ladders, ropes, saw, and shovels exist.  They may however slow the tide if placed and monitored correctly in a limited area.  Donald Trump appeals to a lot of people who can't think critically, and has them believing walls have been effective for thousands of years.  The walls he speaks of were created to funnel armies into gaps for slaughter, not to stop a thief in the night.  It's just campaign BS talk from him to please his base.     

Silly refers to the political game, and we all do silly things sometimes.  We usually are, and should be a bit embarrassed when it's pointing out we're doing something silly.  Try not to take it personal.    

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

As I already said, I agree it's appears to be a mixed message.  If you'd like me to say what I would extrapolate from it, then it would be that Biden disagrees with the complete border wall strategy(strategic), and Mayorkas needs a barrier in a certain area(operational).  I'll throw my own personal opinion in for the heck of it.  Long border walls don't work, because ladders, ropes, saw, and shovels exist.  They may however slow the tide if placed and monitored correctly in a limited area.  Donald Trump appeals to a lot of people who can't think critically, and has them believing walls have been effective for thousands of years.  The walls he speaks of were created to funnel armies into gaps for slaughter, not to stop a thief in the night.  It's just campaign BS talk from him to please his base.     

Silly refers to the political game, and we all do silly things sometimes.  We usually are, and should be a bit embarrassed when it's pointing out we're doing something silly.  Try not to take it personal.    

Based on your inserting Trump into a discussion of democrat entities contradicting each other, I will make the assumption that even though you want to position yourself above the fray, you are not nonpartisan after all. My mistake. Silly me. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Like I said, it always takes years for them to realize the consequences of tjeir bad ideas/policies/movements and the need to reverse them, which make themselves look dumb and hypocritical.  But the damage is already done.

trump had 4 years and an R congress and did nothing except waste money on a wall that mexico was supposed to pay for.🤣.  That was politics as well.  The fact is that we need low skill, low wage, no questions asked labor.  No one will say it out loud.  We could definitely provide that in a better way.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1