Dolphins @ Bills Postgame thread

djp14150

3 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Sorry, not sure why this happened. I checked the link and it works for me.

It's from the BuffaloBills.com website:

'GMFB' reacts to Bills Week 4 win vs. Dolphins.

"GMFB" reacts to the Buffalo Bills Week 4 win vs. the Miami Dolphins from the 2023 NFL regular season.

No I got the right video I was just saying video player sent me to that next one.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Bills had a playoff game in which they played a top 3 defense and scored a TD on every single offensive possession. Why was that offense not called revolutionary? That’s a far more impressive feat than 70 points against a terrible defense. 

The media completely overreacted to Miami. I am not saying Miami won’t still be a good team with a high powered offense but they were far too overhyped mostly off of one game

I get that during the season NFL coverage is largely (over)reactionary and bombastic since it is all really just marketing for the NFL. But I cannot believe how deep folks, who should all know better, fully bought into the Dolphins as a team that was regularly going to score 40+, 50+ points a game. In the NFL!

Like, WTF are they thinking.

Anyone with half a functioning brain saw that Denver game and could clearly see the Broncos lay down and stop tackling.

It blows my mind that people who have been around football for decades are somehow surprised the Dolphins came back down to Earth (and got buried in it).

I guess folks just love South Beach, and any possibility of going there to cover the team.

giphy.gif

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Irv said:

How does Allen get a "perfect" passer rating with four misses?  I'm not familiar with the calculation.   

It’s a crazy mathematical formula based on yards per pass and completion percentage and turnovers

a perfect score requires 77.5% completion percentage, 12.5 yards per attempt, no ints.  There’s quite a few steps along the way where if you are over a certain number it gets rounded down so you don’t need to complete every pass to hit the max number 

• Like (+1) 1

So Allen finished wit ha perfect 158.3 passing rating.  I don't follow that level of detail much, so is that a somewhat common thing league wide?  Like typically on any given Sunday does one QB in the league have a perfect rating? Or is it once a month it might happen, twice a year??  How rare/common is it?

OK so just answered my own question, decided to look it up, thank you Google!!

Since 2010 there have been 17 "perfect" games, 2 by Brady and Lamar, Allen is the first one to occur since Brady in Dec 2020  Brady, Peyton and Big Ben have all had 3 lifetime.  Couple names you'd be a bit surprised to see on the list as not considered a great QB, Geno Smith, Alex Smith, Mariota, and Cousins

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

9 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So Allen finished wit ha perfect 158.3 passing rating.  I don't follow that level of detail much, so is that a somewhat common thing league wide?  Like typically on any given Sunday does one QB in the league have a perfect rating? Or is it once a month it might happen, twice a year??  How rare/common is it?

Not common at all, requires a very high completion percentage and yards per attempt.  You need over 77.5% completion percentage, no ints, and 12.5 yards per attempt 

tua did not hit the max in the 70 point game against the broncos that should tell you how hard it is haha Mike white hit it on two passes though 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I get that during the season NFL coverage is largely (over)reactionary and bombastic since it is all really just marketing for the NFL. But I cannot believe how deep folks, who should all know better, fully bought into the Dolphins as a team that was regularly going to score 40+, 50+ points a game. In the NFL!

Like, WTF are they thinking.

Anyone with half a functioning brain saw that Denver game and could clearly see the Broncos lay down and stop tackling.

It blows my mind that people who have been around football for decades are somehow surprised the Dolphins came back down to Earth (and got buried in it).

I guess folks just love South Beach, and any possibility of going there to cover the team.

giphy.gif

They really were comparing the Fins offense to the Greatest Show on Turf, The Manning Colts, the 2007 Pats and 2013 Broncos. That’s insane. 

There was a pundit (I think McCourty) on NFL Network who stated that nothing Miami was doing was things that the league hadn’t seen before. The host of the panel stated that she had never seen two players in motion crossing before the snap. McCourty stated that is called Ghost Motion teams esp Shanny offenses run it.

Miami is running Shanny concepts slightly modified to take advantage of insanely fast players. That’s smart but that’s not a completely new scheme.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Imagine trading a 1st round pick and signing Bradley Chubb to 5/$110M, and then the Bills go out and sign Leonard Floyd in FA for $7M. :lol:

Life is good.

They absolutely tanked their rebuild with that trade and the Brady tampering.  Those two firsts could’ve gone a long way if used correctly 

the hill trade they traded pretty much all their wiggle room if they made a front office misstep for a great player 

If they added a linebacker that’s a beast in coverage and a good corner to play across from Ramsey Kohou could go back to the slot where he belongs and their defense would have a shot at being good 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They absolutely tanked their rebuild with that trade and the Brady tampering.  Those two firsts could’ve gone a long way if used correctly 

The Brady one hurts badly. At least Chubb was a solid young player when they acquired him. That move could still be productive. But that Brady one basically cost them a first round pick for nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.