Props for AJ

BillsFan619

4 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

By playing them physical they are risking a huge play. If Tyreek breaks free then he’s gone. Usually i HATE this philosophy, but Buffalo needs to play slightly back and keep everything in front of them. Let Tua dink & dunk his way into field goals. Send an occasional blitz their way. This is only assuming the front 4 is playing good. At least this what I think McDermott is planning to do. 

Your defense is at risk for a big play every time Hill is in the game. Smack him around at the LOS, knock his *** to the ground on every play. If you're playing dime, have Rapp lining up over him to get physical and another DB ready to cover him after Rapp gets thru with him at the line. If nothing else it disrupts the timing play and gives our line more time to hunt Tua down.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I hope McDermott drills that idea into the heads of every defensive lineman. Tua has a very quick release and sacks aren’t going to come easy like last week. 

Tua is up there with the quickest right now at a 2.2 average. Josh is sitting at a respectable 2.3.

Our guys have to get in those throwing lanes and get their hands up, we should see some batted balls this game.

Howell was not that bad his average this season is 2.7 but he was quickly throwing INTs, one hoppers, or getting sacked in his game with us.

Hard to catch Kyle Allen's 0.0.

Although he has spelled Josh he has not thrown a regular season pass for us yet and I am very OK with that trend.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bills have him listed at 260

And the 2023 average size of an NFL linebacker is 240 lbs.. which means they're certainly are some 250-260 lb linebackers running around

I usually start the weight rating for a thick 6 at 285-290

He was interviews and said he went to camp at 268 and was targeting playing weight of 265 this year. 

Agreed not thick. It also maintain there are no 265 LBs in league anymore 

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

It just dawned on me that we have two AJs and have for years.

If  A.J. McCarron McCaA.00_2018.jpghad not been injured in camp maybe we would have 3 of them but all he gets his profile picture in Bills uniform despite him playing for 2 NFL teams and St. Louis BattleHawks since he was in preseason camp with Bills in 2018.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCaA.00.htm

Edited by Limeaid
typo

16 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I guess I'm way off.  What do fans think AJE's next contract is worth in $'s per and years?

Hard to say.  He’s definitely put in a lot of work transforming his body and looks poised to have a breakout year.  But he’s gotta show he can get home.  He puts up 8-10 sacks this year after 6.5 last year, I could see somebody giving him $10m+ per year.  He just turned 25 and everybody wants pass rushers.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Hard to say.  He’s definitely put in a lot of work transforming his body and looks poised to have a breakout year.  But he’s gotta show he can get home.  He puts up 8-10 sacks this year after 6.5 last year, I could see somebody giving him $10m+ per year.  He just turned 25 and everybody wants pass rushers.  

It depends on type of contact her gets - is he looking for max floor with guaranteed money up front or max ceiling with multiple incentives and maybe goals he can hit with option for him to reduce contract length so he can go to free agency again.   He will accept second type if he has confidence in defense he will playing in and wants to bet on himself.  Tremaine Edmunds got the first type of contract.

It amazes me how much the league has gone from 3 or 4 regular defense linemen to waves of defense linemen while offense linemen deployment basically has not changed.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

AJE put work in first couple of years but each time the goals were different.

One of the years were year without preseason which some fans like.

19 hours ago, folz said:

And one of those QB pressures led to the Micah Hyde INT.

I was reading the thread to see if it was mentioned. Nice pick by Hyde, but Howell had  to hurry because AJ was coming for him and he had throw it over him. Sure, he should have thrown it away but that's what QB pressure is for! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/29/2023 at 10:31 AM, Nelius said:

We’ve talked about it before but he’s clearly the 2nd best DE from that draft which was loaded with DE flops. Beane made him the 6th DE picked, it’s an understated Beane win.

Maybe. Were the Bills required to draft a DE that year?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.