Bears/Broncos tickets are going for as low as 20 bucks

78thealltimegreat

I used to live in Chicago.  I was offered Bears tickets a number of times for free, but turned them down.  Regardless of how good or bad the Bears might be and regardless of who they are playing, I'd rather watch my Bills on TV than go to another NFL game for free.  I did accept tickets to a game in Arizona once, but it was for a late game.  My friends were not too pleased with me, because I spent the entire tailgate watching the Bills game on my phone, and then I continued to watch it on my phone all through the security line and during the 1st quarter of the Cardinals game, as the Bills game went into OT.  Ironically, it was the snow game against Indy when Shady scored the winning TD, so I was in shorts and T-shirt in Arizona while watching the snow game on a phone.

I find it very difficult to do pretty much anything else during a live Bills game, as my mind is on the game and not on the people I am with, the place I am at, etc.

7 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I used to live in Chicago.  I was offered Bears tickets a number of times for free, but turned them down.  Regardless of how good or bad the Bears might be and regardless of who they are playing, I'd rather watch my Bills on TV than go to another NFL game for free.  I did accept tickets to a game in Arizona once, but it was for a late game.  My friends were not too pleased with me, because I spent the entire tailgate watching the Bills game on my phone, and then I continued to watch it on my phone all through the security line and during the 1st quarter of the Cardinals game, as the Bills game went into OT.  Ironically, it was the snow game against Indy when Shady scored the winning TD, so I was in shorts and T-shirt in Arizona while watching the snow game on a phone.

I find it very difficult to do pretty much anything else during a live Bills game, as my mind is on the game and not on the people I am with, the place I am at, etc.

I once dated a girl who was an Audit Manager for the Falcons.  She offered me sideline tickets one day but the Bills game was on at the same time.

The drought era Bills team mind you.  

I'm the same.  I only get 17 of these guaranteed a year and I'm watching them all.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I once dated a girl who was an Audit Manager for the Falcons.  She offered me sideline tickets one day but the Bills game was on at the same time.

The drought era Bills team mind you.  

I'm the same.  I only get 17 of these guaranteed a year and I'm watching them all.

Like you, I even turned down other NFL games during the drought era.  I did not, however, date a girl who worked for the Falcons.  That said, I did date a girl who worked for the XFL Chicago Team in the early 2000's, whatever they were called.  Our relationship was brief and never resulted in tickets or sideline passes.  Not sure which happened first - our relationship folded or the team/league folded.  Too bad, because she was pretty high up in the organization, so the tickets and access might have been good.  Or maybe the lack of access what why the relationship ended...It was a long time ago.

• Like (+1) 1

Soon they will be giving them away. Fun watching an NFL game for absolutely free with no skin in the game.  in the mid- late 90s when I was working at Stanford,  The Raiders were playing the Patriots in preseason at Stanford Stadium (~80K). The school gave tickets away to students and employees.  That was when the Pats stunk and I wanted to see how they  bad they would be against the Bills that year. Had some gang-banger Raider fans sitting near me asking me why I wasn't cheering  for them. I explained and they left me alone.

0-0 tie. Filled in on Scorigami 73 times, but not recorded since 1943.

Edited by Wacka

12 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

If i lived in Chicago, I would go.  BTW, the Broncos will win this going away. They’re not that bad. That game was just a perfect storm. The Bears, OTH, are the worst team in the NFL.

Too bad the hyper loop isn't completed yet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.