Eric Bieniemy giving Matt Milano his flowers

BillsPride12

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Now this is a great way of looking at it.

That's kind of how I interpreted it.  "Shots Fired" by Bieniemy about how intimately he understands Frazier and McDermott's defense with the implication he understands how to neutralize it.

Orrrr... He's a coach who's being brutally honest

Knows Matt Milano can wreck a game or a player... And he's casually putting it out there like...

I know you're a beast Matt.. you can fly all over the field... Can you please not kill Sam Howell please... I don't care if you have 15 tackles please don't murder my Young quarterback

20 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

They had alot of flower power in the late 60s around San Francisco.   Mama's and papa's even wrote a song about it..    it's appears hippy culture is back in.   Seems reasonable to me with the legalization trend for marijuana. C old be clues being left behind that sf will be nfc  rep in superbowl.  So bienemy is saying  so vs Bills in super Bowl.  That's what I'm taking out of this .   Prove me wrong.......

Wut

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Orrrr... He's a coach who's being brutally honest

Knows Matt Milano can wreck a game or a player... And he's casually putting it out there like...

I know you're a beast Matt.. you can fly all over the field... Can you please not kill Sam Howell please... I don't care if you have 15 tackles please don't murder my Young quarterback

LOL

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Wut

Exactly.  Auntie now reads like ChatGPT run amok or something, dunnit?

Edited by Beck Water

On 9/21/2023 at 8:18 PM, Matt_In_NH said:

Flowers?  Guess he listens to Joe Marino 

Haha I was thinking Cover 1. I think Joe picked it up from them. It's strange how quickly that phrase started being used in football circles.

3 minutes ago, bklnpete said:

Buffalonians are suckers for people talking nice about their team; "'Oh my God, they like us!" He's clearly trying to get in Milano's head by gassing him up. Milano won't take the bait. 

Well that's the only reason a coach talks up an opposing player that much

You certainly don't want to talk about how overrated Matt Milano is before you play him

Because your quarterback will leave with broken ribs

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well that's the only reason a coach talks up an opposing player that much

You certainly don't want to talk about how overrated Matt Milano is before you play him

Because your quarterback will leave with broken ribs

You're right about "don't talk about overrated".

But his "giving Mr Milano his flowers" reminds me uncomfortably of Sean McDermott talking about Mac Jones before we played him his rookie year. 

Presser before the game:  "Show me another QB who is playing better right now" (and more praiseful stuff)

(Game: Mac Jones passer rating of 31.2.  14 of 32, 145 yds, 0 TD 2 INT)

I hope you're right and he's really saying "please don't murder my young QB"

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Matt Milano was VERY quiet today. Turns out EB had a great plan to eliminate Milano. But focusing on him and ignoring the Bills have 10 other players on the field was a bold strategy. Wonder what EB thinks about that other LBer in Buffalo🤣🤣

Milano had a great game in coverage

• Agree 1

On 9/22/2023 at 12:40 AM, AuntieEm said:

Bienemy is putting it out he knows Frazier and mcds defense and that's why he holds Milano in such high regard as he's  a great fir for the d mcd runs so  I'm saying he's telling ncd he better throw some surprises aka wrinkles in his gsmeplans cause bienemy is expecting to outcoach  mcd.  I'm saying mcd knows bienemy equally well and will have more wrinkles and as he is a readhead and Caucasian Hisham fewer active  melanolytes which are what determines people's skin tone and their natural protection from sun ultraviolet light.  I have higher active melanin than my 2 blonde sisters but only half are active compared to a person of black or Indian, Arabic  ethnicities.  Redheads have higher instances of skin related issues from sun  damage and have to be more careful as they will have a higher wrinkles rate from. Sun damage on their unprotected skin. 

Only being somewhat serious on  bienemy passing cheat codes to mcd  as all nfl coaches are pretty familiar with each other's tendencies.  I mean these guys are all part of the same boys club and many have been on the same staffs to the point the nfl if it were considered a big happy family it is a heavily inbred family which probably explains all the wtf bad coaching we get to see each season in games that should not be decided as they are.  The lions beating kc to start the season.  13 seconds  and any of the how did you lose to  X team  we've all lived through during the drought where we had the talent to wax team x  yet we got pummeled with the 'bad coaching choices'  instead.  P

This makes zero sense. At least to my Caucasian skin toned football iq. 

On 9/23/2023 at 1:52 AM, Matt_In_NH said:

For whatever reason I really dislike the phrase. 

Because it’s gay. 

22 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Matt Milano was VERY quiet today. Turns out EB had a great plan to eliminate Milano. But focusing on him and ignoring the Bills have 10 other players on the field was a bold strategy. Wonder what EB thinks about that other LBer in Buffalo🤣🤣

I don’t think he eliminated Milano.  But I do think Bieniemy thought he had a plan to put Milano into coverage (where Milano did Milano things) and pick on our linebacker “baby” Bernard.

Bieniemy (and the rest of us) learned that Bernard had got his growth.  Bye bye baby!!!!

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I agree. Coverage games relegate a guy to be unseen.

Only if he’s good at it

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

When Bernard got home tonight to see a trail of rose petals from the hallway to his bed, he wasn't that surprised.

20 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

This makes zero sense. At least to my Caucasian skin toned football iq. 

Because it’s gay. 

It's also rooted in athletic tradition going back thousands of years:

A Time-Honored Tradition

The tradition of awarding flowers to sports competition winners traces its roots back to ancient times. In ancient Greece, wreaths made from olive branches were presented to the victors of the Olympic Games. These wreaths, known as kotinos, symbolized honor and glory and were highly coveted by the athletes.

As time passed, the practice of awarding flowers spread to various sports and cultures around the world. From the rose garlands bestowed upon champions in Roman sporting events to the bouquets of tulips given to victors in Dutch cycling races, flowers have become an integral part of the awards ceremony, adding a touch of natural beauty and elegance to the occasion.

But I can see what people don't like the phrase. I find it rather quaint myself, especially in a tough-man's sport.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.