ABC will now air MNF all season due to Hollywood strike (+ new ESPN Snoop Dogg MNF opening anthem)

chongli

But tonight (NO-CAR), next Monday (September 25 - LAR-CIN), and Monday, December 11 (TEN-MIA) the games will be only on ESPN since ABC is airing another game.

[See my post below for new ESPN MNF anthem featuring Chris Stapleton, Snoop Dogg, and Cindy Blackman Santana.]

IMG_8776.jpeg

Edited by chongli
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

• chongli changed the title to ABC will air MNF all season now in addition to ESPN due to writers strike
10 minutes ago, JJGauna said:

That’s a win for the common fan IMO.

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Did they not have access to ESPN?

Some common fans don't even have cable or fiber.

IMO yes it is a win.  In fact locally FIOS put ESPN and NFL Network on separate sports tiers to try to get sport fans to pay for both.  I switched sport tiers when Bills were going to be on NFL Network repeatedly and since football is only sport I pay attention anymore to it makes more sense because during offseason they have some good replayed games on it.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, chongli said:

But tonight (NO-CAR), next Monday (September 25 - LAR-CIN), and Monday, December 11 (TEN-MIA) the games will be only on ESPN since ABC is airing another game.

IMG_8776.jpeg

Well good, this will save me from adding the Sling orange package to the blue one that we always have... a couple hundred in savings. I couldn't care less as I never miss a game I want to watch but the girl here likes to watch on the TV with no hassles. 

As far as I know, MNF was intended for the working man originally. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• chongli changed the title to ABC will now air MNF all season, in addition to ESPN, due to writers strike
  • chongli changed the title to ABC will now air MNF all season, due to Hollywood strike (+ new ESPN Snoop Dogg MNF opening anthem)
1 hour ago, JJGauna said:

That’s a win for the common fan IMO.

Agreed. Back where it needs to be.

28 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

After seeing many of his "Animal Planet-style narrations, I would watch a broadcast with Snoop doing the commentating. 

His one with the Iguana vs. Snakes is an absolute must-see / Classic.

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

• chongli changed the title to ABC will now air MNF all season due to Hollywood strike (+ new ESPN Snoop Dogg MNF opening anthem)

All games played in stadiums with public funding should have to show all games in whatever municipalities helped foot the bill. If the new Bills stadium takes city, state, and federal dollars then every market should be able to see the game.

Just my $0.02.

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

All games played in stadiums with public funding should have to show all games in whatever municipalities helped foot the bill. If the new Bills stadium takes city, state, and federal dollars then every market should be able to see the game.

Just my $0.02.

Even if all games are supposed to available it will do no good how since the NFL has divided the pie into so many pieces some of which you need to pay separately for and for those being sent over airwaves if you are in area with a NFC and AFC team those will be shown first.

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Just my $0.02.

Politicians who vote for public stadium funding are your issue really. There are a ton of things I don't support that are funded but that's how our form of government works. We don't get to pick and choose...

2 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Politicians who vote for public stadium funding are your issue really. There are a ton of things I don't support that are funded but that's how our form of government works. We don't get to pick and choose...

I believe public subsidy should have public benefit at its priority rather than private profit.

I don’t mind taxes. I don’t mind the state finding things I don’t enjoy, or however you want to put it. But the byproduct has to be a public resource. 

If the state wants to fund a stadium for a multi billion dollar corporation, then the people of the state should have access

to all video transmissions. 

Similarly my current city is accepting bids for fiber optics to be run through the city, but current plans leave out about 1/3 of the city. But we all fit the tax bill. I don’t mind paying. Just add community value. 

I find that a reasonably apolitical stance.  

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, chongli said:

[See my post below for new ESPN MNF anthem featuring Chris Stapleton, Snoop Dogg, and Cindy Blackman Santana.]

IMG_8776.jpeg

in other news the sky is blue……and the world is round.

If the writers settled their strike today there would not be nee broadcasts till late November at the earliest.

it serves as schedule filler.

abc schedule 

monday football

tuesday dancing with the stars

wednesday game show night

thursday bachelor night

friday shark tanks and 20/20

saturday college football

sunday funny videos,  movies , random special news stories or interviews, 

Edited by djp14150
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

in other news the sky is blue……and the world is round.

If the writers settled their strike today there would not be nee broadcasts till late November at the earliest.

it serves as schedule filler.

abc schedule 

monday football

tuesday dancing with the stars

wednesday game show night

thursday bachelor night

friday shark tanks and 20/20

saturday college football

sunday funny videos,  movies , random special news stories or interviews, 

The guy shares something great for many fans and this is what you have? In other news... C'mon man.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Verizon charging extra for a cable anchor network (ESPN) is just asking people to cut the cord.  The growth in sports revenue since the 80s has been due to the accessibility of ESPN.  Fios isn’t cheap with TV to begin with and this is just greedy.  We cut the cord with the Ticket on YouTube and don’t miss Fios TV at all. Cable is pretty much useless without sports networks anyhow unless you like watching people buy houses, crap reality shows, or Guy go to flavortown. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.