Game day traffic

Ya Digg?

47 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

If/when you go to a game this year, plan for some extra time in your car. We planned on arriving around 9:15-9:30 and it took us awhile to really get anywhere down Abbott road

We left at 7:30 from Rochester. Normally try to leave at 830ish. Traffic usually starts backing up on 20A right past the 219. Today it was backed up into the village of OP. Took over an hour to get to lot 1 from there. The good thing was that the lot was still over half empty when we got in there. No clue where all those people parked. And I didn't realize the Bills took over the mud lot. Not sure if they owned the property before this year, but the whole lot has been redone in crushed stone. I think it may be for the employees. 

22 minutes ago, Virgil said:

How was parking with all the new construction?

To me it actually seemed like a lot of people just assumed the stadium parking lot would be full because of all the traffic, because when we walked in there were definitely still spots left. It was really slow sledding getting close to the stadium though 

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

To me it actually seemed like a lot of people just assumed the stadium parking lot would be full because of all the traffic, because when we walked in there were definitely still spots left. It was really slow sledding getting close to the stadium though 

Aren’t stadium lots parking pass only this year (or more recently)? Like not cash?

Edited by BILLieve85

11 minutes ago, BILLieve85 said:

Aren’t stadium lots parking pass only this year (or more recently)? Like not cash?

I think they are only sold for multiple game packages. I don’t believe they are sold for single games…I also could be completely wrong 

but yes, no cash anywhere at the stadium 

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

I think they are only sold for multiple game packages. I don’t believe they are sold for single games…I also could be completely wrong 

but yes, no cash anywhere at the stadium 

May be why lots look empty. Or they close them early and move staff to last open lots. Overpriced and not worth it. Too many better options IMO

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Parking in lot 1 was no problem at all. Like I said, we got there around 10 and the lot was still half empty. They did have signs up for $40 parking, credit card only. I pay for season parking passes and it comes out to less than $40 per game. Definitely worth it seeing how most of the closer private lots are starting to price gouge. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Anyone park on the far side of ECC?  

If so, how was it?  

Yes.  Same parking is open, but traffic was worse in general getting to the lot.  Even for a home opener, heavier traffic.

The main thing is the walk to the stadium.  Because of construction, you can no longer walk the "grass"/straight path.  You have to walk right through lot 3, then back to the left...adds a decent amount of extra walking.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Came down Milestrip to Abbott to Southwestern to Lot 7 waiting line.  Pulled into line about 8:15, no problems at all.  Usual opener traffic.

The home opener is always nuts for traffic.  Let’s up a little as the season goes, especially as it gets colder.  Side lots allow fans to park and party, which I believe is part of the mess.  Fans that are not even going to the game, but want to experience the atmosphere.

11 hours ago, Virgil said:

Overloaded coming into parking, and delayed leaving.  The lot we went to was overloaded and so were others.  It’s just a necessary reality.

We only fly up for one game from Tampa, but it was well worth it.  What a nice weekend as one of my sisters threw a big family party Saturday, and of course the game on Sunday.

The house was rocking.  We tried to leave when we went to 38 pts,, but so did 40,000 of the 73,000 people that were there.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.