Question: as diehard fans, are we on the same page about the team and about Josh ?

Italian Bills

9 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

This is the same guy who got us to the AFCCG. A year later he was unstoppable in the playoffs. Do you think, if 13 seconds did not happen that we would not have won it all? I think we would have. That loss was not on him. He kept bringing us back from the dead in that game, converted two 4th and longs, to win us the damn game, only to have the defense and coaches ***** the bed.

Absolutely not. Without Josh, I don't think this team is going to the playoffs. We have a decent team. I don't think the team as a whole is as good as some people claim it is. I think Josh and Diggs have been carrying the team. We never have a good run game, or OL, and our main, legit weapons are Josh and Diggs, so no, I don't think some mythical new QB is going to come into this team and save it.

Monday night or not, Josh and Burrow are regarded as the two QB's fighting for the QB2 spot. Now maybe that changes this year, but we are one game in, and because of a bad game by Josh Monday night, we are talking about how we are "stuck" with him, and will just find something better in the draft? Okay. Sure. Let's throw away the guy that gives us a chance every year and just find someone better. These generational QB's grow on trees. Should be easy enough, and I am CERTAIN this new QB will take us to the promiseland and win the SB for us. No doubt.

ok

7 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Usually i take few days before commenting a loss, because i need to elaborate it without let my emotions drive my thoughts. 

That said and agreeing with all of your different analysis that can be all correct, i want to ask you this: 

do we still believe that the Bills can have a great season, going deep in the playoff, dunno if reaching the SB and that Josh is a top elite QB ? 

Or this loss changed your point of view on this judgment ? 

Sure.  They can have a great season.  But they started by giving a game away against a division foe in a week in which both KC and Cincinnati lost.  It’s an unforced error and, as we’ve learned recently, mistakes of this nature yield a January trip to Arrowhead.  So I absolutely think they can turn it around.  It’s just horribly frustrating and I question whether they have the focus, drive, and enthusiasm to get where they need to be.  

1 hour ago, Aimee75 said:

This is the same guy who got us to the AFCCG. A year later he was unstoppable in the playoffs. Do you think, if 13 seconds did not happen that we would not have won it all? I think we would have. That loss was not on him. He kept bringing us back from the dead in that game, converted two 4th and longs, to win us the damn game, only to have the defense and coaches ***** the bed.

Absolutely not. Without Josh, I don't think this team is going to the playoffs. We have a decent team. I don't think the team as a whole is as good as some people claim it is. I think Josh and Diggs have been carrying the team. We never have a good run game, or OL, and our main, legit weapons are Josh and Diggs, so no, I don't think some mythical new QB is going to come into this team and save it.

Monday night or not, Josh and Burrow are regarded as the two QB's fighting for the QB2 spot. Now maybe that changes this year, but we are one game in, and because of a bad game by Josh Monday night, we are talking about how we are "stuck" with him, and will just find something better in the draft? Okay. Sure. Let's throw away the guy that gives us a chance every year and just find someone better. These generational QB's grow on trees. Should be easy enough, and I am CERTAIN this new QB will take us to the promiseland and win the SB for us. No doubt.

Only thing they need to keep doing is building the ol to protect any qb we have.  Heck it also might be a good idea to let Kyle play snaps in games the game is in hand with a sizeable lead.  Gives Josh time to chill and make see things from a new angle maybe he will learn more watching game unfold from bench a bit and it wouldn't be as punishment.  It also allows Dorsey to implement plays that don't depend on Allen's freak arm talents.  Easier for him to evaluate a plays merits without the Josh factor.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Everyone is crumbling under the weight of SB expectations.  

I really wish Josh took the mic Monday night and said RELAX.  Although considering what happened to Rodgers that probably wasn’t appropriate.  

The Bengals started 0-2 last season.  

September means Jack ***t.  

I believe in Josh and this roster.  The OC?  The ability to run the ball?  I don’t know.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Stroke 17 said:

I think Josh will improve, by that I mean he will be better but he will still do some crazy stuff but will not be Monday Night bad.

This weeks national press coverage has knocked him down a bit. Nobody blowing smoke up his butt this week, telling him how great he is, nobody comparing him to Mahomes or any other top tier QB. The competitive juices in him will/should make him better. I think his focus will improve especially because he realizes he cost his team the game.

I think things will get better but that schedule is brutal, he, the team  and the coaches better figure it out. 

They're killen me Whitey, they're killin me.

We can get it done, we can get it done what' more we gotta get it done!

Josh needs new songs in his Playlist cause the old one ain't working anymore.  Gotta trash old blue eyes bring  a maybe Englert Humperdink --   After the loving. Or.  please release me let me go ......

Cause frankly.  My Way isn't getting it done.  Nor is that's life....   

We don't want life on the football field it should be   a cyndi Lauper.  BILLS JUST WANNA HAVE FU UN!

Edited by AuntieEm

They'll be fine.  It was better to have that fire lit under their a**** week 1 than just before a playoff run.  Josh is still the same QB. He just had a lackluster game.  Its possible the loss of Brian Daboll is taking its toll on Josh's mental game but that's just a thought on my part.  Josh "being smart" and middle linebacker void/run D are issues needing fixed in my peonic mind. They were too easy to run against in that game. My biggest concern is our "window of opportunity" slowly starting to close.  That huge Allen contract will (and has already) cause us to shed talent. We can't afford to fill holes of need with a contract like that sucking up cap space. So Josh needs to be fixed and play better than before to equalize overall strength of the squad. More players will dash for greener pastures as contracts expire. Cant blame them.  Is Josh capable of that ?  Absolutely.  In the weeks ahead, and maybe even this week against Oakland, the team will play crazy good and everyone will sleep like a baby once again.  Its become a tougher division but I still call 10-7 and a deep run into the playoffs. Enjoy the season everybody. 

8 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

do we still believe that the Bills can have a great season, going deep in the playoff, dunno if reaching the SB and that Josh is a top elite QB ? 

Or this loss changed your point of view on this judgment ? 

If you remove QB from the equation, the Bills have a very average roster.  In the AFC, I would say that the Bengals, Ravens, Browns, Chiefs, Chargers, Jets, Dolphins, and Jaguars all have better rosters.  In order for the Bills to make the Superbowl, Allen will have to outplay all of those QBs by enough to overcome that stagger.  That's a tough ask.

55 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Everyone is crumbling under the weight of SB expectations.  

I really wish Josh took the mic Monday night and said RELAX.  Although considering what happened to Rodgers that probably wasn’t appropriate.  

The Bengals started 0-2 last season.  

September means Jack ***t.  

I believe in Josh and this roster.  The OC?  The ability to run the ball?  I don’t know.  

Yeah, I remember being in this same scenario two seasons ago. Josh's first two games against Pittsburgh and Miami were bad, and he was getting a lot of grief, and the season went on to be all over the place, but they were clicking on all cylinders by the end and Josh was something else in the playoffs. I mean it when I say if they held on for 13 seconds, they go all the way and win the SB. Nothing was stopping Josh and the offense that postseason. It's just one more reason why I think Buffalo is cursed and we aren't allowed a SB win. 13 freaking seconds. Ugh!!

Anyway, Josh did not play well Monday night, or at least, he was playing well, until he got bored and decided to get reckless and chuck the ball down the field. That can be worked on. Wanting a new QB because of this, and whatever issues he had last year which are so freaking inflated(he had about two more INTs than Mahomes and Burrow) is pure insanity. Right now we have a Quarterback at least 28 other teams would kill to have, but yeah, we are "stuck" with him and have to hold out for another, even though this one consistently gets us into the playoffs, which gives us a chance to go to the Bowl. We don't know that the next one does. My mind just boggles.

I need at least till the beginning of next month before I can truly assess how I feel about this season.

8 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Josh needs a lobotomy or at the very least some psychological intervention. You can tell him not to do things like take hits or throw into triple coverage but he clearly is just going to do it anyways. Something in his brain is telling him this is ok or this is more fun than boring 5 yard passes. Until he works at that then nothing will change. We can win games but he can go off the deep end at any moment and we can lose to any team in the league when that happens

I can related to the psychological aspect of the thrill of the big showing. Something about 1-5 and a 3 run dinger and 3Ks is more satisfying than 3-5 with 2 singles and a double with no rbis and 2Ks. 
Full knowing that the women in your life love the big bomb. 

Edited by Araiza Curse

7 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Yeah, I remember being in this same scenario two seasons ago. Josh's first two games against Pittsburgh and Miami were bad, and he was getting a lot of grief, and the season went on to be all over the place, but they were clicking on all cylinders by the end and Josh was something else in the playoffs. I mean it when I say if they held on for 13 seconds, they go all the way and win the SB. Nothing was stopping Josh and the offense that postseason. It's just one more reason why I think Buffalo is cursed and we aren't allowed a SB win. 13 freaking seconds. Ugh!!

Anyway, Josh did not play well Monday night, or at least, he was playing well, until he got bored and decided to get reckless and chuck the ball down the field. That can be worked on. Wanting a new QB because of this, and whatever issues he had last year which are so freaking inflated(he had about two more INTs than Mahomes and Burrow) is pure insanity. Right now we have a Quarterback at least 28 other teams would kill to have, but yeah, we are "stuck" with him and have to hold out for another, even though this one consistently gets us into the playoffs, which gives us a chance to go to the Bowl. We don't know that the next one does. My mind just boggles.

I need at least till the beginning of next month before I can truly assess how I feel about this season.

Think that's when he found a good Playlist to chill out to.  Why I think he needs some ñew songs to mix in as the old   Sinatra. That's life isn't cutting it and  a team shouldn't have a qb with I did it my way as his fave song to get into game mode.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Araiza Curse said:

I can related to the psychological aspect of the thrill of the big showing. Something about 1-5 and a 3 run dinger and 3Ks is more satisfying than 3-5 with 2 singles and a double with no rbis and 2Ks. 
Full knowing that the women in your life love the big bomb. 

Dingers only? Josh is definitely swinging for the fences and striking out a lot. We only needed a base hit to win though and they brought in the JV pitcher as the closer

• Agree 1

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Dingers only? Josh is definitely swinging for the fences and striking out a lot. We only needed a base hit to win though and they brought in the JV pitcher as the closer

It happens. I totally get it. There is just something in the brain that dares you to take a massive cut. Especially knowing you can park one way up in the stands. Swing arrogance and arm arrogance is real. 

8 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Josh can be elite and win Lombardi's, but he needs to do what Brady and Manning (and now Mahomes) learned and take the easy throws.  It has nothing to do with coaching, it has to do with him realizing what wins and what doesn't.  

We'll be a playoff team again this year, and once you get there you always have a chance.

but a coach needs to start beating that into his head.  After the first bomb into double coverage versus that easy first by running.  Some one with the surface pad should have been in his face immediately showing him what he is missing.   

I'm simply trying to reconcile what TF Allen meant when he said that he was never as focused as he was going into this season.  

After that first game I'm trying to figure out it means in his mind to be focused.  

Seems to me that would have involved a tremendous amount of offseason work off-the-field, video, etc., leading to his becoming much more like the best in the game at passing, who all take the shorter higher-percentage passes that are handed to them, and figuring out how to do that.  Based on the first game that wasn't the case.  

Maybe less time golfing and more time doing that.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Has this been discussed here?

Allen “potential” concussion during the game..  I definitely didn’t think anything of this - can’t even remember when it happened. 

I mean, we can't rule it out. It crossed my mind the other night as well.

7 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I mean, we can't rule it out. It crossed my mind the other night as well.

They need a guy on the staff to watch for those missed collisions as when the guy shakes it off.  Not something you want to take risks with to be sure.  

Edited by AuntieEm

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Has this been discussed here?

Allen “potential” concussion during the game..  I definitely didn’t think anything of this - can’t even remember when it happened. 

He took a shot in the first half that he looked odd after getting up. I thought oh dam they may pull him from this game. 

13 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I don't normally post negative links here but there is some truth to this. The guy is not crazy , We are on the same page if you do some reading here.

Don't blame me, just the messenger 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/09/12/bills-josh-allen-long-on-ability-but-short-on-football-iq-jets-loss

Great read! Thanks for posting!

15 hours ago, finn said:

Until Monday night, I've always had in mind the Allen from the 13-second game, and I've rationalized away every bad performance since then (bad day, bad line, bad elbow, bad receivers). But the Jets game was something different altogether. He didn't just have a bad day; something was very wrong. 

Now he appears ashamed and bewildered. Not a good emotional state for a comeback. 

Yea he did appear to be a bit off in his post game press conference.  It does give a bit of credibility to the concussion theory  imo.  If he did have a slight concussion and is having any symptoms as the week progresses I do hope they do follow whatever protocol is required even if he has to miss a game because of  the lack of time to verify he's symptom free for the req time in protocols.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.