Week 2 Bills vs Raiders Home Opener!

BuffaloBillyG

On 9/13/2023 at 7:08 PM, finn said:

I have the sense other NFL players just don't respect Gabe Davis. He may be a good blocker, but he's not much of a threat as a receiver. I wonder if Beane will pull something off. Trade Elam for a decent WR? 

Gabe Davis has the most receiving td EVER in a playoff game and has made some huge catches through out his career. He may not meet your expectations, but to say he is not a threat is a bit of an exaggeration. He’s not a top shelf #2, but he’s def in the top half of the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Gabe Davis has the most receiving td EVER in a playoff game and has made some huge catches through out his career. He may not meet your expectations, but to say he is not a threat is a bit of an exaggeration. He’s not a top shelf #2, but he’s def in the top half of the NFL. 

My rebuttal is that Davis would be a bottom-tier WR on teams that do not have a top-three QB. Allen is connecting with him even though he can't get open because of poor route-running and lack of ability. Even then, he drops passes at a high rate. You see in Diggs what Allen can do for a top-flight receiver. You see in Davis what he can do with a mediocrity. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Lack of understanding? Really? 

Do you know that the Jets were basically giving or daring the Bills to throw short passes all day? That includes short passes to Knox and Kincaid. Do you understand that? 

I'm sure the Jets were satisfied with the results of the Bills TE results. 

So in the last page, you attributed Kincaid’s lack of stats on coaching and play calling.

Here you are saying the shorts passes were there, that includes Knox and Kincaid.

So how is this a play calling issue if the short passes were there?

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So in the last page, you attributed Kincaid’s lack of stats on coaching and play calling.

Here you are saying the shorts passes were there, that includes Knox and Kincaid.

So how is this a play calling issue if the short passes were there?

It wasn't Kincaid's fault at all. It was on Josh to continue taking what the Jets were giving him. I thought he did a good job of that in the first half. Obviously, the rails come off in the second half. 

I'm just merely pointing the Bills pass catchers were plenty open for very short passes. I think it was the Jets strategy to somewhat give Allen those short throws. Force him to get frustrated and make mistakes. 

So in essence, I'm asking how effective were Knox and Kincaid if they Jets were playing soft on them?  

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

It wasn't Kincaid's fault at all. It was on Josh to continue taking what the Jets were giving him. I thought he did a good job of that in the first half. Obviously, the rails come off in the second half. 

I'm just merely pointing the Bills pass catchers were plenty open for very short passes. I think it was the Jets strategy to somewhat give Allen those short throws. Force him to get frustrated and make mistakes. 

So in essence, I'm asking how effective were Knox and Kincaid if they Jets were playing soft on them?  

So how is this on play calling and coaching?

53 minutes ago, finn said:

My rebuttal is that Davis would be a bottom-tier WR on teams that do not have a top-three QB. Allen is connecting with him even though he can't get open because of poor route-running and lack of ability. Even then, he drops passes at a high rate. You see in Diggs what Allen can do for a top-flight receiver. You see in Davis what he can do with a mediocrity. 

It’s basically the chicken and the egg argument. I def can understand where u are coming from. Davis is limited in his route tree, but he does well at the ones he knows. I think his drops last year were a fluke as he’s been very sure-handed in the past. He just really needs to get better at those tough catches in traffic. If he can’t make drastic improvements in a contract year then I think he is gone. Gabe is like the Ryan Fitzpatrick of WRs as he is capable of putting up a monster game, but lacks the overall consistency to be great. 

• Like (+1) 1

Top of my wish list for tomorrow is for our running game to be heavily focused on the right side allowing Spencer Brown to punish Crosby early and often. It’s a sport about punishment and if you’re not punishing them……

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

It's not. I never said it was. 

21 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't disagree with any of this. I'm not saying Kincaid looked bad. I'm just saying his role, results, and stats were nothing to indicate he's the next Kelce. It was acceptable for his first game. He can improve and hopefully get more involved in the game plan. Or he can be non significant and largely a non significant factor like he was vs the Jets. I'd give Kincaid an overall  B to B minus grade for his first game. D grade for stats and results. 

Take a look at the LaPorta's and Musgrave's first games. They were statistically better than Kincaid's. Just something to think about. Watching the Chiefs game and I specifically remember LaPorta making some nice plays. He stood out to me way more than Kincaid. Ask yourself why? Is he better than Kincaid? Nope and nope and nope. It's offensive coaching, schemes, and play calling. I have serious doubts Dorsey can utilize Kincaid to the best of his ability. Josh is a whole nother story too. 

In my humble opinion Bills fans are largely looking for anything good to get excited by Kincaid. The Jets game is a great example of this. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I acknowledged that the Jets defense is very good. So I did put it in proper perspective. 

Didn't you think LaPorta looked good vs the Chiefs? 

Based on your theory, how should Kincaid do vs the Raiders? Any predictions? 

I say 5 catches for 68 yards and a TD. Excellent day. I believe he will be more featured because Knox will be used to help out Brown vs Crosby. 

LaPorta looked very good vs KC. But that is totally irrelevant to how Kincaid looked vs the Jets, yet you seem to be trying to directly compare the two performances and conclude that Kincaid’s was lacking somehow. 

My theory? What theory? I don’t have a prediction on how Kincaid will do mostly because I don’t know what looks Vegas will show or how Dorsey and Co. want to attack them. There just isn’t enough to go on yet. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The lack of understanding has nothing to do with what the Jets did or didn’t do on defense and everything to do with you suggesting Kincaid is a lesser player than LaPorta and Musgrove based upon their respective performances against totally different teams. 

3 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

I am surprisingly unexcited about the home opener... First time in a long time, I think. I hope the team and the fans prove me wrong.

Me, too. If the Bills lose, it's just awful. But if they win, even in a rout, it's nice, but like, ho hum. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Potential Distraction Alert: 

Chandler Jones is going "AB" on Twitter today:

Who’s Lucky? 

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

It’s basically the chicken and the egg argument. I def can understand where u are coming from. Davis is limited in his route tree, but he does well at the ones he knows. I think his drops last year were a fluke as he’s been very sure-handed in the past. He just really needs to get better at those tough catches in traffic. If he can’t make drastic improvements in a contract year then I think he is gone. Gabe is like the Ryan Fitzpatrick of WRs as he is capable of putting up a monster game, but lacks the overall consistency to be great. 

I agree. Davis was going to break out last year and instead got the yips. He needs to get his mind right and he can be a great WR2. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.