2nd and 15 draw in Overtime

WEATHER DOT COM

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I thought Dorsey calledd a decent game overall but there is no excuse for that 2nd and 15 call. 

41 passes with the lead almost the entire game and a 10 point lead for well over a quarter.  Vs the best pass D in the league.  

15 runs by RBs.  

This O lacks identity and IQ and that’s on the coaches.  Allen needs to play better sure.  But his OC did him and the team no favors tonight.   

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Josh advised the reasoning for the run call in is post game interview. McDermott talked about it too in his. The Jets (potentially best D in the game) were in a 2 high shell and the run call was to get the team into 3rd and manageable and "steal some yards" with a run call. (you don't want to be totally behind the sticks on 3rd down vs a team like that. Its sound logic, from a football coaching perspective, despite what many of you think, especially against a great D. Just didn't make a guy miss on the carry.

Don't look to hard tonight for other "reasons" for the loss beyond Josh making 3 really bad decisions.

Yeah, it wasn't the worst play call in the world.  You should be able to run the ball in that situation for 5-8 yards.  The Jets had shown all night that you didn't want to be continually chucking it against 3rd and long.

• Like (+1) 1

I did not understand that call.  A run would have been OK but Cook was getting yards going outside, not between the tackles.  That said, this game was not Dorsey’s fault.  Josh sucked.  There were plenty of guys open all night but he chose to try and make the big play way too often.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

QB played careless with the ball and his body all night but there’s a thread about a 2nd and 15 draw in OT.

I didn’t like the call but not the story.

Some people can discuss multiple topics at once. Some can only focus on one thing. There was more than one thing wrong last night. 

Saw it coming from a mile away.  Dorsey runs the ball WAY too much on second and long.  

18 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I did not understand that call.  A run would have been OK but Cook was getting yards going outside, not between the tackles.  That said, this game was not Dorsey’s fault.  Josh sucked.  There were plenty of guys open all night but he chose to try and make the big play way too often.

This.  Nobody's going to win turning the ball over four times.  Nobody.  The arm punt was excusable.  The other two and the fumble . . . not so much. 

8 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Dorsey ain’t the guy.

I still believe in Josh. He had a horrible game and that games on him, but I don’t think he’s set up for success 

Yup.  He needs a real OC, not a terrible retired Qb.

if this continues, I don’t think I’d mind so much.  We’d be forced to make changes.  

• Agree 1

Yes terrible call agreed. Just like his inside runs to cook….wtaf? Josh missed his 2 throws to Knox and Diggs on overtime possession BADLY. By that point his confidence was shot because of all the other boneheaded throws he made all game. He doesn’t look comfortable and it’s obvious he’s being reigned in. Hey Dorsey how’d that game plan work out last night. It was garbage. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.