Same energy as the last few years?

Kirby Jackson

I don’t want to say this didn’t age well because it comes down to personal feelings but man is this an exciting team.  Even from that poopy jets game it was pretty clear we have made big strides in the trenches 

I will say though that the last few years have really made us all understand how hard it is to win a Super Bowl which is pretty discouraging at times.  The best team winning it is pretty rare to begin with and there’s 0 margin of error for the team that has to play that fateful arrowhead stadium afc championship game.  Someone’s gotta stop these fools from getting the 1 seed every season 😂

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/11/2023 at 9:46 AM, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I started watching in 2001 so damn, I’m still tickled when they win any regular season game.

Newbie.  You won’t earn you “Bills fandom card” until you go through 30 years of heartache.   It’s in the bylaws look it up😂

After week one, and two hours of my ranting and statements of “I’ll never watch this GD team again” , my calmly asked where are we going next week to watch the game?  I told her time and place immediately.  

such is commuted fandom 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 9/11/2023 at 9:40 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

Am I alone in lacking the energy and excitement of the last few seasons? Don’t get me wrong, I think that the Bills will be really good. Last year, I was sure that they were winning the Super Bowl. Maybe I just haven’t “recovered” from how last year ended but I’m not feeling that same energy as last year. 

I think it’s a feeling of reality - knowing that postseason > regular season.  

It’s nice to win games and division championships but if you aren’t on a roll and/or healthy going into the postseason you end up losing in a division game.

Also we know that being the #1 ranked team in power rankings, the team that’s favored to the Super Bowl, or the team with the best DVOA doesn’t guarantee you anything.  

basically, I think we know a lot can happen but we are taking things week-to-week

• Like (+1) 1

Yep the Dolphins game just took things up a few notches....and it feels incredible.  I'm more than happy to eat some crow.  This is how I want to feel about my team

It's starting to feel like this is the most complete team we have seen under the Beane/McDermott regime and so many players are playing at an extremely high level right now.

The excitement level is 100% back...after the Dolphins game one of the guy's in my group made the comment that game made the Home Opener against the Raiders feel like a preseason game lol

8 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t want to say this didn’t age well because it comes down to personal feelings but man is this an exciting team.  Even from that poopy jets game it was pretty clear we have made big strides in the trenches 

I will say though that the last few years have really made us all understand how hard it is to win a Super Bowl which is pretty discouraging at times.  The best team winning it is pretty rare to begin with and there’s 0 margin of error for the team that has to play that fateful arrowhead stadium afc championship game.  Someone’s gotta stop these fools from getting the 1 seed every season 😂

It’s hard to win a Super Bowl, but I cringe when people say getting the 1 seed isn’t a massive deal.  

Our path to the Super Bowl last year, if we were the 1:

Bye

Home Jax

Home KC

Somehow the QB of the team that has never played a road playoff game keeps going to the Super Bowl.. go figure. 

9 hours ago, SCBills said:

It’s hard to win a Super Bowl, but I cringe when people say getting the 1 seed isn’t a massive deal.  

Our path to the Super Bowl last year, if we were the 1:

Bye

Home Jax

Home KC

Somehow the QB of the team that has never played a road playoff game keeps going to the Super Bowl.. go figure. 

About 50% of #1 seeds make it to the Super Bowl. Correlation is more likely at play than causation. Most often the #1 seed is likely the best team in the conference.  But 50% of the time someone who is not a number 1 seed makes it to the Super Bowl.  This happened as recently as 2021-22, when two #4 seeds played against each other in the Super Bowl.  The #1 seed spot does not matter.  But it is not dispositive.  Side note - Mahomes has shown he can lose at home in the plaoffs. 

image.thumb.png.1200f6118c1527cac84b5faa43b543e7.png

I’m happy to watch the team but old Denny Greene comes to mind…..”You wanna crown Dey ass, then crown em!”

We haven’t reached the 1/4 mark yet and the season is prologue to what counts.

Losing TD sucks and could cause us to have 1 extra loss. 
   I’m just sitting back, patiently enjoying the here and now and not making too much of it…. Especially after watching the NFL play it’s usual Put a toe on the Scale Monday night to make sure their chosen team didn’t lose to the lowly Jets😒

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.