SNF Cowboys at Giants

Beck Water

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't remember saying the Giant's would be good, I think your saying they were a complete illusion last year and are going to be garbage was ridiculous. I'd say they're more likely average which probably does alright in the NFC.

Don't really get the hate-on for Brock Purdy guy seems solid, sure he plays in a great system but he also makes some great plays when things break down.

i'll be in the degenerate thread...you can laugh at me there when i'm wrong. lol

14 minutes ago, GoBills! said:

Fire Daboll should be coming soon, and we should have hired Dorsey not Daboll 😝 

Just bring the TBD threads about Daboll along as a cut paste out of the archives and save the Gmen fans some typing time! 😅

24 minutes ago, Success said:

Surprised to see that from a Daboll team.

After that 1st miscue, they played like they didn't care.  They put up no fight whatsoever.

But they are still pros, and I wouldn’t bet against them next week…if they have any pride whatsoever, they will come out swinging their best shots against the Cards. 

8 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

A “Daboll team” ?

What is that exactly? 

God only knows.

This wasn't the Giants' night.  That's all; this crap happens to everyone in all sports.

Too bad b/c I was hoping this would be a watchable game.

The only game of the day I saw/liked today was the Miami/Chargers game, which was probably the game of the week.  7 (I think) lead changes, tons of big exciting plays, and lots of scoring.  Tua's best game as a pro.  Score always very close the entire game, and good finish too.

Only problem was the wrong team won.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Well, today we’ve seen three playoff teams from last year get blown out by division rivals, and two of them were favored…makes you wonder about tomorrow…

And there were playoff teams from last year that didn't get blown out...we'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

God only knows.

This wasn't the Giants' night.  That's all; this crap happens to everyone in all sports.

Too bad b/c I was hoping this would be a watchable game.

The only game of the day I saw/liked today was the Miami/Chargers game, which was probably the game of the week.  7 (I think) lead changes, tons of big exciting plays, and lots of scoring.  Tua's best game as a pro.  Score always very close the entire game, and good finish too.

Only problem was the wrong team won.

It was an honest question. Not trying to be a smartass. 

A Daboll team. He just got there. What’s his identity? How do his teams play? 

A bit early to recognize his teams as anything yet. 

I will say, him continually shaking his head on the sideline is not a good look.

24 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

A “Daboll team” ?

What is that exactly? 

Last year the Giants played scrappy.  They would get down early (like to the Titans opening day) and they wouldn't quit - they would fight and claw their way back into it, (won Titans game by 1 point).  They were down to the Packers 20-10 at the half and won.  They over-achieved. 

They lost to the Cowboys 2x but both were close, 1 score games.

So the question is, was this an aberration where for whatever reason they weren't as prepared as they thought, played like they wanted to be anywhere else, and didn't fight?

Or is this a sort of "regression to the mean" where it's pretty common that a new coach takes over and the team initially plays harder and is more focused and wins more games, but then the following year the magic wears off.

Edited by Beck Water

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

And there were playoff teams from last year that didn't get blown out...we'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings

I wasn’t suggesting the Bills will get blown out; I think it’s more likely we blow out the Jets.  My point is that there seems to be huge variance WRT week one performances.  I think a lot of it is related to teams’ reluctance to take training camp and preseason games seriously; playing a bunch of flag football isn’t necessarily the best way to prepare for an NFL opener.

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Last year the Giants played scrappy.  They would get down early (like to the Titans opening day) and they wouldn't quit - they would fight and claw their way back into it, (won Titans game by 1 point).  They were down to the Packers 20-10 at the half and won.  They over-achieved. 

They lost to the Cowboys 2x but both were close, 1 score games.

So the question is, was this an aberration where for whatever reason they weren't as prepared as they thought, played like they wanted to be anywhere else, and didn't fight?

Or is this a sort of "regression to the mean"?

I think its early after just one season to attach any identity. I would need need to see how this season plays out to form any identifier. 

It’ll be interesting to see how they bounce back from this loss. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Do they still have Feliciano?

He's playing for San Francisco now.  I think he dressed but didn't play.

16 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

I think its early after just one season to attach any identity. I would need need to see how this season plays out to form any identifier. 

It’ll be interesting to see how they bounce back from this loss. 

Well, that's fair, but a lot of people (including in media) claim an identity for a team that under performs after 1 season.  Heck, after one game - lots in this thread saying the Giants are stupid to have paid Jones and will be calling for Daboll's head, implying their identity (after playoffs and an overachieving winning record last season) is checked-out losers....

....we'll see.  As you say, it will be interesting to see how they react

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

I still have the game on in the background, (tape delayed), while browsing this forum.

It's 40-0, with 9:30 left in the 4th. 

The rain is absolutely DRIVING down and there are still a bunch of Giants fans in that stadium.

People are nuts...with probably a long commute home and work in the morning.

Never say they don't have decent fans in NJ.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

For someone who’s been pretty bullish on his team all offseason you’ve been talking up other teams a lot lately and showing less confidence in the Bills….

Bullish? Ok….
oh, you mean someone can recognize and discuss both the good and the bad surrounding this team?  That’s because I don’t play a role of kool aid drinker and I don’t belong in the sadness brigade.  I feel that I say it how I see it.  Good and bad.  We have good and we have bad.  I talk about both.  Unlike you.  

Our team has some question marks and until we see success in those areas, I can’t act as if everything’s been fixed. 

Can Bernard play?  Will opposing OCs target him and turn him into mush?  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Will the OL be able to protect Josh Allen adequately 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Will Josh Allen take what the defense gives him instead of forcing balls downfield?  🤷🏻‍♂️

Ken Dorsey- can he play chess with the masters or will he get wrecked in the playoffs. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

McD- can he handle being the HC and calling plays?  Will he be an effective playcaller?  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

then there’s 17, 14, 86, 4

and 13, 88, 22, 11 and 16.

40, 50, 56, 58, 91, 21, 23, 27, 7.  
and more.

We have a helluva team and I’m confidant in the roster they put together, but there are questions that need to be answered and luck (good and/or bad) to be had.  We play in a monster conference and have a brutal schedule. Making the playoffs is going to be a grind for every team in the conference.  

yes, I’m talking other teams up….. we’re discussing football on a football message boards. I watched pretty much every game today and some teams impressed me.  I gave them credit.  Has nothing to do with the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
8 hours ago, Nelius said:

So Dallas throwing down 40 isn't impressive because the opponent is so bad? That's strange logic for thinking Green Bay is suddenly better, sorry. How much exactly do you think Green Bay would beat the Giants by?

Yeah I don't think you understand my kind of logic. I'm talking about impression. That doesn't mean Green Bay is ready to beat Dallas...yet.  It's a point relating to play above expectations.  

9 hours ago, Nelius said:

So Dallas throwing down 40 isn't impressive because the opponent is so bad? That's strange logic for thinking Green Bay is suddenly better, sorry. How much exactly do you think Green Bay would beat the Giants by?

Further I learned not to judge teams based upon common opponents in the nfl when I was about 12.  There are no scales that can accurately predict the outcome of Green Bay at NYG based off of Dallas at NYG nor Green Bay vs Dallas cause off both their outcomes against the Giants.

Apparently Kadarius Toney was so unwise as to troll Giants fans about their loss:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/kadarius-toney-basks-in-giants-humiliating-loss/ar-AA1gymov

AA1gyeRW.img?w=1920&h=1080&q=60&m=2&f=jp

Giants fans, on the other hand, remember that Toney had one of the worst performances (league wide) for a WR in the Chiefs loss - he dropped 3 passes that all hit him in his hands, one of which was deflected, intercepted, and returned for a TD.

Apparently Giants fans kept their receipts and returned fire:

Immediately after the game, Giants fans lit into Toney so hard that he was forced to delete his Twitter page. His skin was entirely too thin to handle it after a days-long back-and-forth with Giants Twitter earlier in the offseason.

Well, they were only following his instructions "don't get quiet now", right?

Meanwhile Daniel Jones and the Giants are saying what you'd expect them to say about the loss:

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2023/09/11/daniel-jones-says-new-york-giants-must-own-humiliating-loss/

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.