I had an epiphany last night...

ALLinALLEN

I had an epiphany last night.....

I was watching back highlights of the KC/DET game and found myself thinking just how defunct the KC offense is without Kelce. How nice would it be to have a TE like that to just always be open and move the sticks. 

I then poured a beer and headed to youtube.

I watched about every highlight tape of Kincaid I could find. Now, I've done this before a few times (watched his YT tape), and of course I've always been impressed with what I saw. I was happy we drafted him and happy he's been a star in camp/etc..... This isn't a "watchout for Kincaid" post. Everyone here as well as the NFL media knows his potential. 

But this time I watched his highlights I couldn't help but see the similarities between what I've seen with this Bills team the last 3 years with Allen. Alot of the clips have the Utah QB scrambling or rolling out - out of options at WR, and just finding Kincaid out of nowhere. Or, they run a bunch of crossing routes that free up Kincaid from the line for a perfect long ball. I couldn't help but see Allen. The Bills have not had a solid safety blanket since Beasley, and Knox lacks the speed from the TE spot to truly get into the open field. 

I came away with one conclusion. This kid is going to be #2 on the Bills in receptions and yards this year. Kincaid is getting a lot of comparisons to Bease production from the slot and I think that's actually criminal. He will be better. Beasley never had good YAC, and Kincaid not only catches everything - he gets upfield quick. Not only that, he will demand defenders attention and open up Diggs. I think Diggs will have an impressive YAC/R versus his 3.9 last year. I think he'll get into space with the ball alot more than we've seen.

I think he will be a HUGE factor on Monday and beyond. The Jets also not game planning for this attack like they've game planned the previous Bills teams has me optimistic. Like having an Ace up your sleeve at the poker table. I like him for 6 receptions and over 70 yards Monday. 

I'm sorry if this is redundant but with 2 sleeps to go I know who I'm eagerly ready to watch come Monday. I'm sure you've all seen this a few times, but here's a link for some additional Hype - 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 4

The most impressive thing to me about Dalton Kincaid are his football instincts.

He has great awareness of everything that's going on around him and he always seems to make great decisions, whether instinctively or thoughtfully... when to fight for more yardage, when to go down, when to accelerate out of the catch, when to stop on the catch, when to turn upfield, when to flatten his path, when to look for the ball, his ability to track the ball...

His measurables are very good and he's an excellent athlete but the thing that separates him from comparable athletes are his football instincts.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The most impressive thing to me about Dalton Kincaid are his football instincts.

He has great awareness of everything that's going on around him and he always seems to make great decisions, whether instinctively or thoughtfully... when to fight for more yardage, when to go down, when to accelerate out of the catch, when to stop on the catch, when to turn upfield, when to flatten his path, when to look for the ball, his ability to track the ball...

His measurables are very good and he's an excellent athlete but the thing that separates him from comparable athletes are his football instincts.

Thats the other thing I notice too - he never quits on getting open even in busted plays. Something that is huge with Allen's ability to extend plays.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

He does have good football instincts.  I also like his basketball experience.  Some of the better TEs were former basketball players.  Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez to name a couple. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Captain_Quint said:

I'm excited to watch the Stormin Morman play this year. 

It'll be interesting to see how he juggles the NFL life and all his wives. 

I thought KingKaid was a solid nickname until I saw this. Will definitely be going by stormin mormon now

3 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

I'm excited to watch the Stormin Morman play this year. 

It'll be interesting to see how he juggles the NFL life and all his wives. 

You guys do know he went to a Lutheran HS in NV and played first for San Diego.  It’s not like they are forced to convert when they move to Utah.

All kidding aside,  I’ve said previously I’m looking at DK 2 together as they will compliment each other.  Knox may actually have the better year with DK 2 out there.  So my best guess is together we’ll see 12 TD’s, and around 1200 yards between the two.  Maybe more, but Diggs is still going to get 150 receptions for 1500 yards.  Davis will probably still get 750-800 yards and Sherfield will probably sniff 500 yards.

Thats not to mention the rushes and catches from Cook and Harris.

The exciting part is we are so much more diverse this year.  Although I don’t expect 22 personnel, we may not have an 11 runaway, but more 12 and 21 personnel.  This will make the Bills hard as hell to defend.  For all the hype train on the Jets defense, they were 4th last year and we were 6th.  Oh and we were 2nd last years in lowest pts scored on us, and on offense 2nd in pts and yards.

Dont listen to the media hype train, and fully expect everyone and their grandmother Monday night will pick the Kets to win the game.  We come out and will win 24-17.  That’ll shut them up!

I don’t expect our normal 29 pts per game as their defense is solid, but so is ours.  Only Von is out.  We have Dr. Poyer and Mr. Hyde, the real Tre, Taron, and Benford.  Good luck old man peyote smokin Rodgers as we’re going to give him an old fashioned Schalackin Monday Night.  That’s right. A schalackin.

Milano is going to come in like a heat seeking missile like he did to Tua last year and knock Erin Roger’s into next week on a designed blitz.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Hope he is amazing.  That said, he hasn't played a down in real NFL football.  Fully expect him to be 3rd or 4th on the team on receptions this year.  Expecting anything more because of media attention  or some tea leaves read because he had great games against Southern Utah, USC or Oregon last year, is a recipe for let down.

Take it one game at a time.  Dont put too much stock into a 1st year tight end to be the catalyst for a great season.  

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I had an epiphany last night.....

I was watching back highlights of the KC/DET game and found myself thinking just how defunct the KC offense is without Kelce. How nice would it be to have a TE like that to just always be open and move the sticks. 

I then poured a beer and headed to youtube.

I watched about every highlight tape of Kincaid I could find. Now, I've done this before a few times (watched his YT tape), and of course I've always been impressed with what I saw. I was happy we drafted him and happy he's been a star in camp/etc..... This isn't a "watchout for Kincaid" post. Everyone here as well as the NFL media knows his potential. 

But this time I watched his highlights I couldn't help but see the similarities between what I've seen with this Bills team the last 3 years with Allen. Alot of the clips have the Utah QB scrambling or rolling out - out of options at WR, and just finding Kincaid out of nowhere. Or, they run a bunch of crossing routes that free up Kincaid from the line for a perfect long ball. I couldn't help but see Allen. The Bills have not had a solid safety blanket since Beasley, and Knox lacks the speed from the TE spot to truly get into the open field. 

I came away with one conclusion. This kid is going to be #2 on the Bills in receptions and yards this year. Kincaid is getting a lot of comparisons to Bease production from the slot and I think that's actually criminal. He will be better. Beasley never had good YAC, and Kincaid not only catches everything - he gets upfield quick. Not only that, he will demand defenders attention and open up Diggs. I think Diggs will have an impressive YAC/R versus his 3.9 last year. I think he'll get into space with the ball alot more than we've seen.

I think he will be a HUGE factor on Monday and beyond. The Jets also not game planning for this attack like they've game planned the previous Bills teams has me optimistic. Like having an Ace up your sleeve at the poker table. I like him for 6 receptions and over 70 yards Monday. 

I'm sorry if this is redundant but with 2 sleeps to go I know who I'm eagerly ready to watch come Monday. I'm sure you've all seen this a few times, but here's a link for some additional Hype - 

💯 He should be #2 in targets and yards.  He’s a dynamic mismatch that can beat any defender in multiple ways.  

Hoping that he and Allen can build a Mahomes/Kelce like connection through the years.  Pitch and catch when you have that kind of size, footwork and hands can be unstoppable if they get on the right page

35 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

His transition from catching to rac is some of the best I can remember. 

20 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I thought KingKaid was a solid nickname until I saw this. Will definitely be going by stormin mormon now

Terrible idea.  He’s not Mormon 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Hope he is amazing.  That said, he hasn't played a down in real NFL football.  Fully expect him to be 3rd or 4th on the team on receptions this year.  Expecting anything more because of media attention  or some tea leaves read because he had great games against Southern Utah, USC or Oregon last year, is a recipe for let down.

Take it one game at a time.  Dont put too much stock into a 1st year tight end to be the catalyst for a great season.  

Expecting anything more because we can see that he’s a special talent is a recipe for championships 

11 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I'm not happy to admit I've watched both their first two games this year lol.

I’m a newly adopted Ute fan as I’m moving there soon.  Not sure why Barnes is getting the majority of the snaps while Rising is out.  Hopefully johnson takes over until he’s back.  Todays game was painful to watch until the final minutes 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Expecting anything more because we can see that he’s a special talent is a recipe for championships 

It goes without saying he is a special talent.  He was just picked in the top 32 of all incoming college football players in the NFL.

Just think its a little ignorant to place that much weight on a rookie.  Hope like hell it comes to fruition.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

It goes without saying he is a special talent.  He was just picked in the top 32 of all incoming college football players in the NFL.

Just think it’s a little ignorant to place that much weight on a rookie.  Hope like hell it comes to fruition.  

Ignorant.  Lol.  

He’s a better pass catching target than Gabe Davis.  He should be #2 in targets.  He’s better at getting open.  And he’s MUCH better at catching passes.  If he’s not #2, Dorsey and/or Allen are making a mistake.

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

You guys do know he went to a Lutheran HS in NV and played first for San Diego.  It’s not like they are forced to convert when they move to Utah.

All kidding aside,  I’ve said previously I’m looking at DK 2 together as they will compliment each other.  Knox may actually have the better year with DK 2 out there.  So my best guess is together we’ll see 12 TD’s, and around 1200 yards between the two.  Maybe more, but Diggs is still going to get 150 receptions for 1500 yards.  Davis will probably still get 750-800 yards and Sherfield will probably sniff 500 yards.

Thats not to mention the rushes and catches from Cook and Harris.

The exciting part is we are so much more diverse this year.  Although I don’t expect 22 personnel, we may not have an 11 runaway, but more 12 and 21 personnel.  This will make the Bills hard as hell to defend.  For all the hype train on the Jets defense, they were 4th last year and we were 6th.  Oh and we were 2nd last years in lowest pts scored on us, and on offense 2nd in pts and yards.

Dont listen to the media hype train, and fully expect everyone and their grandmother Monday night will pick the Kets to win the game.  We come out and will win 24-17.  That’ll shut them up!

I don’t expect our normal 29 pts per game as their defense is solid, but so is ours.  Only Von is out.  We have Dr. Poyer and Mr. Hyde, the real Tre, Taron, and Benford.  Good luck old man peyote smokin Rodgers as we’re going to give him an old fashioned Schalackin Monday Night.  That’s right. A schalackin.

Milano is going to come in like a heat seeking missile like he did to Tua last year and knock Erin Roger’s into next week on a designed blitz.

Diggs will not have 150 catches; he would need over 200  targets. Not gonna happen. And don't forget the running game could be more effective this year. 

52 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Thats the other thing I notice too - he never quits on getting open even in busted plays. Something that is huge with Allen's ability to extend plays.

It’s perhaps the most critical aspect of our passing game and our receivers are well schooled in running to open spots when Josh starts to scamper. How many times have we seen it? Especially those throws across his body while he’s scrambling to the right and he makes that throw back to middle of the field that only he and a couple others are capable of making. I mean there’s a reason you tell QBs to never do that. Kincaid is gonna fit right in to that concept with that ability to keep looking for an outlet for Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.