Elon Musk, War puppeteer

7 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

The border is a symptom. The source is poverty and misery. D’s want to address those. R’s not so much

In actuality neither party really wants to do anything about the border. It is a cheap source of fuel to fire up their rerspective bases. The naive eat up the narratives.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ALF said:

Like I said it is what it is , Musk can do what the hell he ever wants in this case. NATO needs to send Ukraine weapons that don't depend on Musk for help.

There you go.  It’s contradictory for the leadership of Ukraine to complain about what a company may/may not wish to involve itself with, when in reality true support in the fight for survival looks an awful lot like friendly foreign governments stepping up.    

It’s interesting, too, that not all that long ago liberals were all about “private companies make their own decisions” but on this case, not so much. 

Come to think of it, what would stop the Biden admin from issuing an executive order under the Defense Production Act, directing Musk to comply with the US government in its fight against Russian aggression?  

https://www.cfr.org/in-brief/what-defense-production-act

The current version of the law still gives the executive branch substantial powers. It allows the president, largely through executive order, to direct private companies to prioritize orders from the federal government. The president is also empowered to “allocate materials, services, and facilities” for national defense purposes, and take actions to restrict hoarding of needed supplies. To bolster domestic production, the president may also offer loans or loan guarantees to companies, subject to an appropriation by Congress; make purchases or purchase commitments; and install equipment in government or private factories. Companies can also be authorized to coordinate with each other, which might otherwise violate antitrust laws.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

In actuality neither party really wants to do anything about the border. It is a cheap source of fuel to fire up their rerspective bases. The naive eat up the narratives.

yes, they do.  I  think it was u that brought it up.

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Trumps wall actually made sone sense, he just explained it like an idiot. 

that and Mexico was gonna pay for it all....

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Now even the original source of the leak is calling out msm for creating this lie and spinning it into something else.

knowing how these systems work, this makes tons more sense. Ukraine wouldn’t have asked if it was already there they would’ve just used it and hope no one realized what was happening. why would he devote network capacity where his service isn’t allowed to be sold or over water where nobody is?? 

https://www.politico.eu/article/elon-musk-biographer-walter-isaacson-clarify-details-starlink-war-russia-ukraine-outcry/

there is also this…

https://www.pcmag.com/news/russia-makes-veiled-threat-to-destroy-spacexs-starlink

watching the left lie about this and spread them as rapidly as possible just because Musk points out how crazy todays faux liberals are is incredible.

you have to be a first order brainwashed moron to buy all this. 

Well, that's amazing.  So you have your conspiracies, I have my doubts.  Lots of money can buy lots of bs....

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

38 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

your propagandists ride in on their black horse. " refusal to turn on"  despite the fact that the submarine drones were in the black sea, approaching the Russian fleet until they weren't and harmlessly washed ashore.

this is what the same disinformation site said a couple days before:  

@SystemUpdate_

Jeffrey Sachs tells

@ggreenwald

: “I saw Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut say, ‘this is money well spent.’ Money well spent throwing tens of thousands of Ukrainians to their tragic and needless deaths.” The Ukraine war is a disaster for the very people it supposedly helps, which American Senators are ok with because they think it shows American resolve to Russia, but in reality exposes the incompetence of Washington, NATO, and everyone involved."  purely unbiased reporting don't you know.  NC lives in a basement echo chamber...

31 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

your propagandists ride in on their black horse. " refusal to turn on"  despite the fact that the submarine drones were in the black sea, approaching the Russian fleet until they weren't and harmlessly washed ashore.

this is what the same disinformation site said a couple days before:  

@SystemUpdate_

Jeffrey Sachs tells

@ggreenwald

: “I saw Senator Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut say, ‘this is money well spent.’ Money well spent throwing tens of thousands of Ukrainians to their tragic and needless deaths.” The Ukraine war is a disaster for the very people it supposedly helps, which American Senators are ok with because they think it shows American resolve to Russia, but in reality exposes the incompetence of Washington, NATO, and everyone involved."  purely unbiased reporting don't you know.  NC lives in a basement echo chamber...

Don’t let having no clue how this technology works stop attempts at debunking claims….. tell us more about how it REALLY works… 😂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Don’t let having no clue how this technology works stop attempts at debunking claims….. tell us more about how it REALLY works… 😂 

you tell me how drones are controlled without satellites from hundreds of miles away.  baited breath....still waiting for evidence of your expertise.  here's your big chance.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

you tell me how drones are controlled without satellites from hundreds of miles away.  baited breath....still waiting for evidence of your expertise.  here's your big chance.

why would I want to interfere with you making a fool of yourself.

Tell us more, apparently this whole military drone thing is reliant on Elon Musk. Is General Atomics aware of this? 

and I guess being the dumb business man elon is he was wasting capacity lighting up the Black Sea and Russian Crimea with bandwidth he can’t sell, but only turned it off when Ukraine asked to use it? 

😂 😂 😂 

so GULLIBLE….

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

why would I want to interfere with you making a fool of yourself.

Tell us more, apparently this whole military drone thing is reliant on Elon Musk. Is General Atomics aware of this? 

and I guess being the dumb business man elon is he was wasting capacity lighting up the Black Sea and Russian Crimea with bandwidth he can’t sell, but only turned it off when Ukraine asked to use it? 

😂 😂 😂 

so GULLIBLE….

so evasive.  show off your vast knowledge.  if starlink wasn't needed for the drones, why would turning it off or not turning it on matter?

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

so evasive.  show off your vast knowledge.  if starlink wasn't needed for the drones, why would turning it off or not turning it on matter?

Interesting backpedal. I don’t think anyone is arguing that the Ukrainians decided to use Starlink for a a drone attack. 

These facts remain true 

1) Ukraine decided to use a commercial satellite network for an attack without consent (it must have taken time to build the things.) instead of using other infrastructure, military hardened coms or one of several other approaches 

2) the owner/operator of that network stated they declined to light up the beams needed to execute an attack on Russian territory 

3) your puppet master tell you to interpret this as Elon turned starlink off to prevent an attack on the Russian navy because he loves Putin 

4) you dopes buy it hook line and sinker

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

attack without consent

link.  have you seen the contract?  musk said it cost $30-40 mil/ month to provide starlink to ukraine.  later said he'd personally spent $40 mil.  Who made up the difference and what were they paying for?

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

link.  have you seen the contract?  musk said it cost $30-40 mil/ month to provide starlink to ukraine.  later said he'd personally spent $40 mil.  Who made up the difference and what were they paying for?

https://www.starlink.com/

Put in an address in Crimea and see what service you can get

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

According to the office of trade compliance. US companies cannot do business (without a license) with some countries like IRAN, CUBA, North Korea, Crimea and what not.

https://www.tradecompliance.pitt.edu/embargoed-and-sanctioned-countries

specifically, E.O. 13685 prohibits virtually all direct and indirect transactions (including financial, trade, and other commercial transactions) by U.S. persons or within the United States to or from Crimea unless authorized by OFAC or exempted by statute

https://www.dfat.gov.au/international-relations/security/sanctions/sanctions-regimes/specified-ukraine-regions-sanctions-regime

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2014/12/24/2014-30323/blocking-property-of-certain-persons-and-prohibiting-certain-transactions-with-respect-to-the-crimea

(a) The following are prohibited:

(i) new investment in the Crimea region of Ukraine by a United States person, wherever located;

(ii) the importation into the United States, directly or indirectly, of any goods, services, or technology from the Crimea region of Ukraine;

(iii) the exportation, reexportation, sale, or supply, directly or indirectly, from the United States, or by a United States person, wherever located, of any goods, services, or technology to the Crimea region of Ukraine; and

(iv) any approval, financing, facilitation, or guarantee by a United States person, wherever located, of a transaction by a foreign person where the transaction by that foreign person would be prohibited by this section if performed by a United States person or within the United States.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I cannot wait until we can no longer give a sh*t about elon musk

You're gonna have a looooooong ass wait...

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

The mongers dont care about details. they just want more war and carnage.

its a nonstop narrative. like its right from the MIC or something.

And if they can demonize a guy (now) on their shitlist, it's a double-bonus.

• Like (+1) 3